Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:00 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:51 pm Ok, if you aren’t a fan of the girlfriend/wife coverage of late, whatever, that’s fine.

If you aren’t a fan of this, you are probably a cunt. It’s so good on so many levels.

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/171 ... aiHgpnZzsg
I'm a 100% a cunt.
I find Brittney Mahomes to be lipstick on a pig white trash - and Jackson Mahomes is an accused aggravated sexual batterer.
Oh, and I'm not anti-Swift but I'm not a fan of her's either.
So.... What would/should I find "so good on so many levels" about it? Other than they are rooting for the Chiefs.
The Chiefs are in the entertainment business. The object of their business is to put a product on the table that attracts as much attention as possible, and win games. Taylor attracts more eyes, and Travis' jersey sales have increased 400% because of it. Mo eye$, mo betta for the Chief$.

What's not to like?

Taylor Swift shares the story of DISASTROUS First Date with Travis Kelce!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I try to pay as little attention to the drama as I can .

I did not know the accusations about mahomie's brother, but if they're true, fuck that guy.

As far as Britney, Mahomie seems to like her and they've been a thing for a long time. Good for them

Taylor? I think it's funny that it pisses off old, white dudes. I only know one of her songs. The one that goes never, never, never , never, never, never.. ad nauseum. I don't like that song.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I am in the Empire this weekend. Could only get the Broncos game and "watched" the Chiefs on ESPN gamecast. It's like that old school football game where there are magnetic players on a small field board.

Anyway, after the game I am listening to the Broncos sportscasters talk about next week's game. "The big question is, will Taylor Swift be in Denver?"

Yes, this is what Broncos sports talk has devolved to, "will Taylor Swift be in Denver next Sunday."

But Russell went FUCKING OFF for 195 yards and a TD!

No. For fuck's sake that was not in the first half. In the whole god damn game of course.

Dude's LEGIT!

My 14 cousins out here on the Front Range are pretty fuckin excited to hear from me this evening.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

The Broncos coverage has always been obnoxious. Not as obnoxious as the fans, but close.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The Chiefs have a three game lead in the AFC West after just 7 games. That's ridiculous. They also only have 4 of their remaining 10 games against teams that are .500 or better and 3 of them are at home (Eagles, Bills and Bengals) with the 4th vs the Dolphins in Germany.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That sounds like something nice for Taylor to cover...

WARING: NSFOVERLANDER

https://youtu.be/EGlo9LzmOME
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:04 pm The Chiefs have a three game lead in the AFC West after just 7 games. That's ridiculous. They also only have 4 of their remaining 10 games against teams that are .500 or better and 3 of them are at home (Eagles, Bills and Bengals) with the 4th vs the Dolphins in Germany.
If they win that game in Germany I'm confident they'll be the number 1 AFC seed.
They would then get the bye to prep to rematch with the Eagles at Arrowhead.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:33 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:04 pm The Chiefs have a three game lead in the AFC West after just 7 games. That's ridiculous. They also only have 4 of their remaining 10 games against teams that are .500 or better and 3 of them are at home (Eagles, Bills and Bengals) with the 4th vs the Dolphins in Germany.
If they win that game in Germany I'm confident they'll be the number 1 AFC seed.
They would then get the bye to prep to rematch with the Eagles at Arrowhead.
The Dolphins barely beat the 2-4 Chargers, beat the 2-5 Patriots, the 2-5 Broncos, the 2-5 Giants and the 0-6 Panthers. Their two games against good teams were a 28 point drubbing by the erratic Bills and a 14 point thumping by the Eagles. The Dolphins have lost to every competent defense they have faced so far this season and have games remaining against the #1, #3, #4 and #5 scoring defenses in the league still. If they drop all those games and one of their games against the Jets solid defense, Miami might fuck around and miss the playoffs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I have more faith in them than it sounds like you do but it's also notching an important win before the bye to keep up with maybe the biggest contender, Baltimore.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 am I have more faith in them than it sounds like you do but it's also notching an important win before the bye to keep up with maybe the biggest contender, Baltimore.
I don't know enough about them to have faith. Just noticing the trend. Maybe they adjust to getting their bell rung a few times and start beating some good teams. Assuming a trend will always continue in the NFL is dangerous as the only consistency in the NFL is it's inconsistency.

I just think it will be fascinating to see how they hold up as their closing stretch of their schedule is brutal while KC may be cruising at that time of year with the #1 seed locked up.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Shirley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:57 am From six years ago:

(Let's hope he never retires.)

What was supposed to be a Travis Kelce dance video turned into somewhat of a highlight video.
We've been blessed at that position...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:47 am
Shirley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:57 am From six years ago:

(Let's hope he never retires.)

What was supposed to be a Travis Kelce dance video turned into somewhat of a highlight video.
We've been blessed at that position...
^^^

Who would have thought we'd upgrade from Tony Gonzales?

And I disagree, it's not "somewhat" of a highlight video.
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:06 am
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 am I have more faith in them than it sounds like you do but it's also notching an important win before the bye to keep up with maybe the biggest contender, Baltimore.
I don't know enough about them to have faith. Just noticing the trend. Maybe they adjust to getting their bell rung a few times and start beating some good teams. Assuming a trend will always continue in the NFL is dangerous as the only consistency in the NFL is it's inconsistency.

I just think it will be fascinating to see how they hold up as their closing stretch of their schedule is brutal while KC may be cruising at that time of year with the #1 seed locked up.
The wildest thing to me, and should be frightening for other teams, is that our defense might actually be a top 10 unit this season. Stats say it is right now. If this keeps up, I shall eat Spagnola crow and happily.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Gotta hand it to Spags and Veatch for assembling this relatively young defense while staying under the cap.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nick Bolton out for two months.
That suuuuuucks.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:03 pm Nick Bolton out for two months.
That suuuuuucks.
2 months does suck. Didn't think it would be that long. A good thing they have Tranquill.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:45 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:06 am

The wildest thing to me, and should be frightening for other teams, is that our defense might actually be a top 10 unit this season. Stats say it is right now. If this keeps up, I shall eat Spagnola crow and happily.
They definitely are. As far as top half of the NFL scoring offenses go, the Lions are 8th, the Jags are 9th, the Chargers are 11th and the Bears are 13th and KC held them to 21 (without Chris Jones), 9, 17 and 10 points respectively.

Only 4 of KC's 10 remaining opponents have offenses ranked in the top half of the NFL in scoring points per game so the KC defense really has a chance to put up some elite numbers this season.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

#10 with #35

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.