Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by dolomite »

Will Frank Clark be playing? I know Chris Jones was wanting him to.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

The NFL on CBS late national window hosted the team’s defeat of the Los Angeles Chargers in a majority of markets, averaging 24.38M viewers. Not only was it the most-watched NFL game this week, it is also the most-watched Week 7 game window for CBS in a decade.

Thanks Swifties/Kelce.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:45 pm The NFL on CBS late national window hosted the team’s defeat of the Los Angeles Chargers in a majority of markets, averaging 24.38M viewers. Not only was it the most-watched NFL game this week, it is also the most-watched Week 7 game window for CBS in a decade.

Thanks Swifties/Kelce.
^^^

Haters Gonna Hate
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

It’s cool that you’ve discovered the YouTubes, Shirley. Thanks for sharing yet another video.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

At least according to a Broncos fan.
https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/status ... 0047431083
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I don’t begrudge Travis and Taylor their happiness, and I doubt they are cultivating all of the attention, BUT it’d be really great if the media would stop focusing on her. It was annoying weeks ago.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:02 am I don’t begrudge Travis and Taylor their happiness, and I doubt they are cultivating all of the attention, BUT it’d be really great if the media would stop focusing on her. It was annoying weeks ago.
Lulz!
She's (arguably) the most popular female entertainer in this country. It's the media's job to focus on what people want to know/see/hear about and provide it to the masses.

I have no problem with Taylor Swift - despite my not enjoying her music.
I have no problem with Travis Kelce.
My problem/s are with the Mahomes. Not Patrick. His wife and brother. The less I see/hear about them, the better it is for me.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nah, no need for the media to cover her…

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... nstoppable#

… “This isn't just about music or storytelling or brand – she is pioneering an economic model," says Dan Egan, VP of behavioural finance and investing at Betterment, a US-based financial advisory company. "Cities are constantly strapped for cash, so the impact of the Taylor Swift economy is that cities will have the revenue to invest in public infrastructure, transit, safety and planning."…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:16 am
JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:02 am I don’t begrudge Travis and Taylor their happiness, and I doubt they are cultivating all of the attention, BUT it’d be really great if the media would stop focusing on her. It was annoying weeks ago.
Lulz!
She's (arguably) the most popular female entertainer in this country. It's the media's job to focus on what people want to know/see/hear about and provide it to the masses.

My problem/s are with the Mahomes. Not Patrick. His wife and brother. The less I see/hear about them, the better it is for me.
I couldn't tell you the name of a Taylor Swift song. My wife, who is 15 years younger than I, really likes her, and I would imagine that most people her age are of the same mind. I have no problem with that. My wife thinks that Metallica and Motley Crue are annoying noise, and I tell her she has the right to have poor taste in music.

I'd prefer not to have the camera panning to Taylor and Brittany and Mrs. Kelce in the luxury box every offensive series.

Brittany Mahomes is pure White trash. She is a perfect example of how you can take the girl out of the trailer and give her nice clothes and an enormous home, but she's still, by nature, uncouth and uncultured. She is embarrassing. Ditto for Jackson Mahomes.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

AlOerter wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:55 pm Gotta hand it to Spags and Veatch for assembling this relatively young defense while staying under the cap.
I think they're the youngest defense in the league. No 'relatively' about it.

Sucks losing Bolton for 2 months, but still getting him back before the playoffs is fantastic.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:11 am
Lulz!

I couldn't tell you the name of a Taylor Swift song. My wife, who is 15 years younger than I, really likes her, and I would imagine that most people her age are of the same mind. I have no problem with that. My wife thinks that Metallica and Motley Crue are annoying noise, and I tell her she has the right to have poor taste in music.

I'd prefer not to have the camera panning to Taylor and Brittany and Mrs. Kelce in the luxury box every offensive series.

Brittany Mahomes is pure White trash. She is a perfect example of how you can take the girl out of the trailer and give her nice clothes and an enormous home, but she's still, by nature, uncouth and uncultured. She is embarrassing. Ditto for Jackson Mahomes.
Embarrassing, often yes.
Uncouth? Sure.

Uncultured? How do you know?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bad hot takes are not worth much. I just want to enjoy the generational winning
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Lulz!

The camera has to pan somewhere between plays. Such is the nature of a sport where there is more time spent not playing than there is playing. If it pans to a box and shows Taylor Swift instead of into the stands to show some fat guy chugging a Bud Light or some ding dong poking their phone, who cares. It bothered me for a few games but after watching other games, SOMEONE is going to fill that time. Might as well be someone who draws millions more fans into being Chiefs fans as that ultimately benefits me as a Chiefs fan.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:05 am

Lulz!

The camera has to pan somewhere between plays. Such is the nature of a sport where there is more time spent not playing than there is playing. If it pans to a box and shows Taylor Swift instead of into the stands to show some fat guy chugging a Bud Light or some ding dong poking their phone, who cares. It bothered me for a few games but after watching other games, SOMEONE is going to fill that time. Might as well be someone who draws millions more fans into being Chiefs fans as that ultimately benefits me as a Chiefs fan.
I get that. It's not ruining my day by any means. The Chiefs are winning, and that's the main thing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There are 10-20 cameras all shooting during an NFL game.
Cut to the coaching staff on either team. Cut to the defense/offense not on the field. Cut to a close up of the players celebrating. Options are plentiful.

It's come to a point to where, every single play Kelce makes, I'm expecting to be shown Taylor Swift.

Of course Chiefs winning is most important but I also am tired of it to a small enough degree that I will complain on a message bored.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

imo, worse than coverage of the budding romance is coverage of Kelce’s ex trying to stay relevant
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:23 am There are 10-20 cameras all shooting during an NFL game.
Cut to the coaching staff on either team. Cut to the defense/offense not on the field. Cut to a close up of the players celebrating. Options are plentiful.

It's come to a point to where, every single play Kelce makes, I'm expecting to be shown Taylor Swift.

Of course Chiefs winning is most important but I also am tired of it to a small enough degree that I will complain on a message bored.
So long as the announcers aren't making 10,000 corny comments and not paying attention to the action that happens then it's not a problem to me at all.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:00 am Bad hot takes are not worth much. I just want to enjoy the generational winning
Chiefs are definitely experiencing that right now. If only I had it in me to switch team allegiances, living in area. But nah. Y’all enjoy though. Especially all the great ‘traditions’. :).
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Nobody had this on their bingo card:

https://www.tiktok.com/@jackmacbarstool ... %202016%20(dated%20for%208,Kansas%20City%20Chiefs
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao…jersey-chasing, um, heurs