AlOerter
Contributor

Welcome Back Buffs

Post by AlOerter »

KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Welcome Back Buffs

Post by KUTradition »

not a fan of Prime Time, but this seems like it’s only a positive for KU and the conference
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:55 pm not a fan of Prime Time, but this seems like it’s only a positive for KU and the conference
I can't imagine prime time will be there long term
Defense. Rebounds.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Prime time will have to prove he can coach.

Also welcome back Jayhawk alum Tad Boyle.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

As far as basketball goes, those schools are usually pretty good. I don't like having a huge conference like everyone else but oh well
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

randylahey wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:28 am As far as basketball goes, those schools are usually pretty good. I don't like having a huge conference like everyone else but oh well
The only aspect that is good is money. Losing the geographic rivalries sucks.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I think the overall basketball product of our league will suffer a bit from recent moves. The past 5 or so years the big 12 has been kind of the undisputed best basketball league overall. 10 team round robin schedule was perfect.

We've added decent schools tho, but a couple are football schools no doubt and don't have the basketball product yet
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

basketball-centric takes on last week’s developments

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... atform=amp
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

colorado back in the BIG 12 is cool.

arizona for basketball is cool.

arizona st does not move my needle at all.

utah for football is cool.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nobody here wants to know what moves your needle

that’s fucking gross
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Kelvin Sampson walked into a meeting of Big 12 coaches not long ago and looked around the room, and the thought that popped into the Houston coach's head was that it felt like walking into a dog park.

"You've got two dogs walk by each other, kind of side-eye, or little one starts yapping at the big one and they start sizing each other up," Sampson said. "I was sizing them all up. It used to be you could look at a few of those little dogs and go, `I can get that one. I can get that one. I can get that one.´ I ain't seen nobody in this conference like that."

Indeed, the Cougars - along with UCF, Cincinnati and BYU - are taking a big step up by joining the Big 12 this year. The first three are joining from the American Athletic and BYU from the West Coast conferences. All of them know that their programs are in for some growing pains as they take on what has statistically been the best league in the country.

"They're all German shepherds, man. Where's the Shih Tzus? Where's the Chihuahuas at?" Sampson said. "Oh, that's a Rottweiler. Oh my God, that's a pitbull. This is a tough dog park, man."

The top dog once again is expected to be KANSAS, preseason No. 1 in the AP Top 25 poll…

per Daily Mail