NCAA Football 2023 Season

Kansas Football.
TDub
Contributor

Re: NCAA Football 2023 Season

Post by TDub »

Why doesn't Penix show up on any draft boards? Dude is legit. Keep it up and he's probably your Heisman winner.

Washington's Defense is their weak point for sure, they've been getting by with doing jusssst enough to allow their offense to win them games
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We needed ksu to win to have a distant slight chance at a B12 appearance.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:32 am KSU was winning on defense. Had a chip shot FG or a risky fourth down. Almost all analysts agree that it was a bad decision in context too
Howard was on fire in the late 3rd and 4th. He had 3 TDs basically all in the 4th.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:41 am
Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:32 am KSU was winning on defense. Had a chip shot FG or a risky fourth down. Almost all analysts agree that it was a bad decision in context too
Howard was on fire in the late 3rd and 4th. He had 3 TDs basically all in the 4th.
Too bad they didn’t let them only include those stats in the final outcome.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That doesn’t make sense.
Trying too hard.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It absolutely makes sense. You just don’t see it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:06 pm It absolutely makes sense. You just don’t see it.
I concur.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Will Howard had a good game.
I think what you're trying to do is stretch and compare his game ( fucking ENDLESSLY ) to Bean's OSU game.

So, no, Howard was not as good as Jason Bean v OSU ( Howard missed a number of throws and had a lot of attempts ).
If we recall, Bean had 410 yards and 5 TDs.

Howard had 307 yards of total offense. He wasn't spectacular and he didn't have one of the best games a ksu QB has had in 14 years...so it makes a bit more sense to put some of the blame on his shoulders. I'd say a bigger issue was that ksu could not get the running game going at all ( something like 35 rushing yards total ) and let Texas run all over them ( over 220 yards rushing allowed at a very high average ). I'm betting most ksu fans aren't putting the blame on Howard for that loss.

His defense came and got him 2 big turnovers and he capitalized. He was feeling it at the end of the game. I thought it made sense to keep that momentum going.

Bean's defense did absolutely nothing to help him. They allowed over 200 yards rushing at a 6+ YPC clip. They allowed 39 points. They had zero turnovers. Imagine if KU's defense had caused TWO turnovers in the fourth quarter in OSU's territory. Do you think that would have helped?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

At no risk of making bad statistical comparisons, you are simply ignoring that the D held OSU to 3 points following KU ints. One of those INTs was a drive killer at OSU 17, where KU would have gone up 2 scores, and the other happened well inside KU territory, and the D held to a 3 and fg Miss, giving up 2 yards.
KU still led 32-27 after these drives. The D held.

Seriously, gtfoh the D did nothing. In a track meet game they tightened after two offensive mistakes.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:11 am I'm get a kick out of reading people who say they love/are happy KSU went for it on 4th Down.
Really? You love/are happy about it? THEY LOST THE GAME!
I had UT minus 4 so I was hoping KSUck would have kicked the FG to tie it. Then UT win by 6/7/8.

Other thoughts....

3-0 CU is now 4-5 CU. After 3 games COY "Prime" is now after 9 games COY JUNK.

I don't know, but I think - tOSU Is NOT the best team in the country.

Caleb Williams is plenty good, but I don't think he's the best. I also think it would be so Bears to get rid of Fields, draft Williams, and have Williams fail.

Oregon has won games by 74, 8, 45, 36, 36, 14, 29, and 44 points. Their only loss was by 3 to Washington.
While Penn State seems like a legit team, I say Oregon is the best 8-1 team.

What Bowl game would/will an undefeated James Madison play in?

If tOSU and Michigan are undefeated when they play, it's a BAD joke that the loser doesn't play in the Big 10 Championship and a shit team like Iowa (who doesn't play UM or tOSU in the regular season), Minnesota (who lost to UM by 42), Wisconsin (who lost to tOSU by 14 and will most likely lose to UM in the regular season), or Nebraska (who lost to UM by 38) will.

Clemson is 5-4 overall, 2-4 and in 10th place in their conference.
They lost to the #4 team in the country by 7 in overtime.
Explain that to me. I know I am nuts but I truly think Clemson many be one of the 25 best teams in the country RIGHT NOW and I don't think anyone can convince me they're not.

P.S. Alex Grinch blows!
Lol at my P.S.

He Gawn! About 2 seasons too late.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... games-left
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
surly

Post by surly »

as a k-state fan, i was pleased with the fourth down decision. had a chance to beat a superior opponent at their place, just do it. the earlier jump pass was open, sweat knocked it down. but i don't fault klieman for going for it. osborne did the same thing in a natty loss. texas game was lost on botched extra point and missed field goal.

looks like texas and oSu in the b12 ccg. pokes probably have best chance of beating them. they certainly have the easiest pathway. texas is just so talented on defense. good grief.

good win by j'hawks in ames. never an easy out.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KSU had two drives in the deep red zone in the last minutes. Seven plays to make five yards or so. And got nothing. Defense might have gotten a take away. Plus consecutive offensive drives with UT gassed.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:34 pm At no risk of making bad statistical comparisons, you are simply ignoring that the D held OSU to 3 points following KU ints. One of those INTs was a drive killer at OSU 17, where KU would have gone up 2 scores, and the other happened well inside KU territory, and the D held to a 3 and fg Miss, giving up 2 yards.
KU still led 32-27 after these drives. The D held.

Seriously, gtfoh the D did nothing. In a track meet game they tightened after two offensive mistakes.
Did the defense give up 550 yards, no TOs, one sack and 39 points? Yes. Is that good? No. That’s actually quite bad.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

surly wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:54 pm as a k-state fan, i was pleased with the fourth down decision. had a chance to beat a superior opponent at their place, just do it. the earlier jump pass was open, sweat knocked it down. but i don't fault klieman for going for it. osborne did the same thing in a natty loss. texas game was lost on botched extra point and missed field goal.

looks like texas and oSu in the b12 ccg. pokes probably have best chance of beating them. they certainly have the easiest pathway. texas is just so talented on defense. good grief.

good win by j'hawks in ames. never an easy out.
right.
an understandable decision, just not the right call.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

The entire Sanders fiasco is not only no longer entertaining to me, I don’t even find this funny.

https://x.com/dailyloud/status/17229033 ... VU3Pf5Z1GA
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:55 pm The entire Sanders fiasco is not only no longer entertaining to me, I don’t even find this funny.

I just can't bring myself feel sorry for college kids who are flashing Rolexes and driving around in cars like that.

When they were whining about their jooray getting stolen at UCLA, I found myself asking a.) why do college kids have that kind of stuff to begin with? b.) why would you go around flashing it and then leave it in an unattended room? c.) what did you think was going to happen?

Stealing is always wrong, but if it has to happen, I guess I don't mind it happening to people who are kind of asking for it.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:32 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:55 pm The entire Sanders fiasco is not only no longer entertaining to me, I don’t even find this funny.

I guess I don't mind it happening to people who are kind of asking for it.
I was with ya until I got here. Is that kinda like a wearing the wrong clothes?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:43 pm

I knew in the back of my mind that someone was going to take it there. Sigh.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:13 pm

it's really an obvious place to go. Like I said, I agreed with your points up until I cocked my head slightly sideways reading this part.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:14 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:13 pm

it's really an obvious place to go. Like I said, I agreed with your points up until I cocked my head slightly sideways reading this part.
People tend to see what they look for.