NCAA Football 2023 Season

Kansas Football.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: NCAA Football 2023 Season

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:28 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:36 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:33 pm Washington reminds me of the Reesing Team in 07.
Except Washington's defense is absolute ass.
improving though.

they do jusssst enough.
Kinda like a Spagnola defense before 2023.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:33 pm Washington reminds me of the Reesing Team in 07.
I respectfully disagree.

Only game they were "ass" was against Stanford.

Held Boise State to 19. BSU averages 30 per game.
Held Tulsa to 10. Tulsa averages 20.2
Held MSU to 7. MSU averages 13.6
Held Cal to 32. Cal averages 32.
Held AZ to 24. AZ averages 30.3
Held Oregon to 33. Oregon averaages 42.4
Held ASU to 7. ASU averages 17
Held Stanford to 33. Stanford averages 20.7
Held USC to 42. USC averages 43.8
Held Utah to 28. Utah averages 24.7.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:19 pm
I respectfully disagree.

Only game they were "ass" was against Stanford.

Held Boise State to 19. BSU averages 30 per game.
Held Tulsa to 10. Tulsa averages 20.2
Held MSU to 7. MSU averages 13.6
Held Cal to 32. Cal averages 32.
Held AZ to 24. AZ averages 30.3
Held Oregon to 33. Oregon averaages 42.4
Held ASU to 7. ASU averages 17
Held Stanford to 33. Stanford averages 20.7
Held USC to 42. USC averages 43.8
Held Utah to 28. Utah averages 24.7.
Touché.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

More of this shit please.
Oh wait, no.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... onship-mvp
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ugh

wtf

edit: Yormark has done a better job than i expected. if this is what it takes to continue this build, then so be it

but still…ugh
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Tomorrow I am planning on attending the Northwestern/Purdue game in Evanston Illinois.
The population of Evanston is about 75,000. I would guesstimate there are close to 25,000 Northwestern Students and Faculty. Although the stadium is not on campus, it's only about a mile away.
I would guesstimate there are about 100,000 Northwestern Alumni living within 50 miles of the stadium.
Northwestern is in what I consider to be metropolitan Chicago. An area of about 9 million residents.
Tomorrow is "Senior Day". Last home game of the season. Northwestern wins and they are Bowl eligible. It is supposed to be 53 degrees and sunny during the game. "Perfect" Football weather for November 18th in Chicagoland.
Face value for tickets is a little steep (between $64 and $82) but decent tickets/seats can be bought for $20 on ticket sites.
I am predicting less than 30,000 people will attend the game.
Sad.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:33 am Tomorrow I am planning on attending the Northwestern/Purdue game in Evanston Illinois.
The population of Evanston is about 75,000. I would guesstimate there are close to 25,000 Northwestern Students and Faculty. Although the stadium is not on campus, it's only about a mile away.
I would guesstimate there are about 100,000 Northwestern Alumni living within 50 miles of the stadium.
Northwestern is in what I consider to be metropolitan Chicago. An area of about 9 million residents.
Tomorrow is "Senior Day". Last home game of the season. Northwestern wins and they are Bowl eligible. It is supposed to be 53 degrees and sunny during the game. "Perfect" Football weather for November 18th in Chicagoland.
Face value for tickets is a little steep (between $64 and $82) but decent tickets/seats can be bought for $20 on ticket sites.
Sad.
"Sad", is right.

The whole time reading that I was expecting you to finish with what a mass of humanity you were going to have to contend with.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:51 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:33 am Tomorrow I am planning on attending the Northwestern/Purdue game in Evanston Illinois.
Sad.
"Sad", is right.

The whole time reading that I was expecting you to finish with what a mass of humanity you were going to have to contend with.
"Sad" is the "mass of humanity" I am going to have to deal with heading back to the city - and home.
Might be as many as 250,000 people converging in my hood for the Magnificent Mile Lights Parade.
surly

Post by surly »

Sad.
interesting take from a ku fan. i attended the indiana/northwestern game there in late 70s. it was a pleasant enough place. maybe half full. beautiful day. i wondered afterwards why that school fielded a football team at all. they didn't seem to care. why not go the way of chicago and save the effort? but then they did have their moments with ara, gary, and fitz. even then, i'm not sure anyone noticed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

surly wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:45 pm
Sad.
interesting take from a ku fan. i attended the indiana/northwestern game there in late 70s. it was a pleasant enough place. maybe half full. beautiful day. i wondered afterwards why that school fielded a football team at all. they didn't seem to care. why not go the way of chicago and save the effort? but then they did have their moments with ara, gary, and fitz. even then, i'm not sure anyone noticed.
I wish I understood it but I suppose people feel they have better things to do on a Saturday in the fall than attend a Northwestern game.
I figure I attended about 100 Northwestern games in my lifetime and the majority of the games I attended there were a lot more visiting team's fans than Northwestern fans. While I rooted for Northwestern in every home game except 1 (against KU) I admit the majority of the time I was there because I wanted to see the other team/s play as much if not more than I wanted to see Northwestern play.

Mid 1970s to about 1990 Northwestern very well may have been the worst program in college football.
Barnett came along and all of a sudden in the mid 90s they were beating power house teams like Notre Dame, Michigan, and Penn State. They were competitive during the Walker and Fitzgerald eras.
surly

Post by surly »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:43 pm
surly wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:45 pm
Sad.
I wish I understood it but I suppose people feel they have better things to do on a Saturday in the fall than attend a Northwestern game.
I figure I attended about 100 Northwestern games in my lifetime and the majority of the games I attended there were a lot more visiting team's fans than Northwestern fans. While I rooted for Northwestern in every home game except 1 (against KU) I admit the majority of the time I was there because I wanted to see the other team/s play as much if not more than I wanted to see Northwestern play.

Mid 1970s to about 1990 Northwestern very well may have been the worst program in college football.
Barnett came along and all of a sudden in the mid 90s they were beating power house teams like Notre Dame, Michigan, and Penn State. They were competitive during the Walker and Fitzgerald eras.
randomness comes into play here. it's like vandy in the sec since 1932. they just happen to be the benefactors of good fortune off the performance of others. just being there. randomly. tulane won the sec back in the 40s, then left because they saw no future in it, yikes, leaving the spoils to powerhouse vanderbilt.

seven times b10 champion u of chicago, amos alonzo stagg's maroons, could just as well have been like northwestern today. but the maroons left after being a founding member in the late 1800s. they decided in the 30s that they were too woke for the game.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Coach Prime should consider changing his nickname to Coach Abysmal.
They were down 56-7 last night with 20 minutes left to play in the game. To a team that was 4-6 (lost their last 6 in a row) and was in in last place in their conference.

To review...
CU started out 3-0.
CU is now 4-7 and 1-7 in their conference.
CU is NOT going to a Bowl.
CU is ass.

To top it all off, his players in which he takes so much pride in and has stressed the importance of being respectful Christian men to - some if not many or most of them seem to take pride in being complete assholes.
I like Deion. I like him a lot less after this season and his tenure at CU.

This rubbed me the wrong way last night. I'm 100% in support of players playing with emotion - but under control.
Probably one of the 5 most talented players in college football felt the need to do this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxG9E6pj4oo
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m not upset to see Colorado finishing like they did. I do not like Deion and the way he runs a football program.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:09 am Coach Prime should consider changing his nickname to Coach Abysmal.
They were down 56-7 last night with 20 minutes left to play in the game. To a team that was 4-6 (lost their last 6 in a row) and was in in last place in their conference.

To review...
CU started out 3-0.
CU is ass.

To top it all off, his players in which he takes so much pride in and has stressed the importance of being respectful Christian men to - some if not many or most of them seem to take pride in being complete assholes.

This rubbed me the wrong way last night. I'm 100% in support of players playing with emotion - but under control.
Probably one of the 5 most talented players in college football felt the need to do this....

Well, if flashing your Rolex and your grille don’t get you your proper respect, I’m at a loss as to what will. Time to bust out the gat, perhaps?

All kidding aside, Deion talks the Christian talk on one hand but then promotes the gangsta culture on the other. The two don’t mesh well at all. He also throws his players under the bus when they lose. Not good policy.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve never liked deion

hell of an athlete, but obnoxious as fuck (and a cowboy)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:03 am i’ve never liked deion

hell of an athlete, but obnoxious as fuck (and a cowboy)
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Some interesting games today.

UW @ The Beavers. The Beavers @ home looking for revenge.
The Beavers actually slight fav.

UT @ Iowa St. Iowa St tied for second with three other teams.
If Iowa St wins not sure anybody can figure out the Big 12 championship.

Louisville @ Miami. If Louisville wins then they in ACC championship VS FSU.

Louisville QB is Jack Plummer son of Jake.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:09 am Coach Prime should consider changing his nickname to Coach Abysmal.

To review...
CU started out 3-0.
CU is ass.

So glad to not hear about Coach Prime's amazing coaching and recruiting success every 7 minutes.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

surly wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:49 pm seven times b10 champion u of chicago, amos alonzo stagg's maroons, could just as well have been like northwestern today. but the maroons left after being a founding member in the late 1800s. they decided in the 30s that they were too woke for the game.
What a bizarre dementia post. Not only do they still have a team, they've had one since 1969. They just play in D3 now.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Despite the first half being the most inept offensive execution and play calling I have ever witnessed in person, I enjoyed myself immensely at the NU/PU game.
Idiot me decided to go on the field after the game. Smart me went to Coach Braun and congratulated him. Dude deserves legitimate consideration for COY.