Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:10 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:38 am i praise people that come to work when they are not feeling well. means they're rugged. and almost certainly boomers or gen x. we will power through anything.

they are most certainly not millenials or gen z. they are the opposite of rugged.
You really should write a book of your clever quips.

It would read a lot like Naked Lunch, but without the sentence structure.
lo____ingl
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:10 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:38 am i praise people that come to work when they are not feeling well. means they're rugged. and almost certainly boomers or gen x. we will power through anything.

they are most certainly not millenials or gen z. they are the opposite of rugged.
You really should write a book of your clever quips.

It would read a lot like Naked Lunch, but without the sentence structure.
I leave town for a week and come back to this gem. Thanks Overlander!

We went to Thanksgiving dinner in Saguache and were requested to take a covid test that morning. All negative. There were two people in the group of 10 who were immunocompromised. In the battle for best mustache in the Empire, Taylor edged out Max again. Taylor also paints this fingernails purple for the rematch but I don't think the judges took that into consideration. I think they only looked at the magnificence of the mustache curl and waxing.

Taylor's mustache is truly magnificent!

Some friends went to a big Thanksgiving dinner in Parkville. Musta been 20 plus people from the photos. So far about a dozen have tested positive for covid over the weekend. We know one of the attendees is immunocompromised due to being on cancer treatment. It looks like it was a festive time.

Everyone will prolly power thru.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I heard Covid is a hoax.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

#plandemic
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

:mrgreen:
Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:41 am I heard Covid is a hoax.
There have been over 1.1 million covid19 deaths in the United States. It's spoken of very little comparatively nowadays. Certainly no death ticker tracker on CNN.

Thanks Joe? 😉
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:51 pm
There have been over 1.1 million covid19 deaths in the United States. It's spoken of very little comparatively nowadays. Certainly no death ticker tracker on CNN.

Thanks Joe?
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but when you recently returned I was glad to see it because sometimes you make contributions to the basketball forum that I learn from. I guess for some unknown reason, I had forgotten about the tsunami of uninformed and ignorant "contributions" you make nearly everywhere else here.

According to The Pew Research Center, the COVID-19 death rate in all counties Trump won in 2020 is substantially higher than it is in counties Biden won

But yeah, let's blame Biden.

It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another thing to post verifiable shit day after day.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:33 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Thanks Joe?
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but when you recently returned I was glad to see it because sometimes you make contributions to the basketball forum that I learn from. I guess for some unknown reason, I had forgotten about the tsunami of uninformed and ignorant "contributions" you make nearly everywhere else here.

According to The Pew Research Center, the COVID-19 death rate in all counties Trump won in 2020 is substantially higher than it is in counties Biden won

But yeah, let's blame Biden.

It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another thing to post verifiable shit day after day.
Sorry, I think you took that last part of the post a little too seriously. Everything around here is "thanks joe", even when he has nothing to do with it. It was a joke, I don't blame Biden for covid deaths any more than I blamed Trump.

But plenty of people are still dying from covid. Nobody cares now?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

uh, trump should get more blame than any single person globally (maybe bolsonaro would rival)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:14 pm uh, trump should get more blame than any single person globally (maybe bolsonaro would rival)
Trump was terrible for Covid, we agree there. I still don't know if I personally truly "blame" him for the vast majority of deaths from covid.

Does he also get credit for the vaccines?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nobody said “vast majority”

his actions (or inaction) prior to tue pandemic and immediately at the start (remember, don’t test and you won’t find cases?) absolutely contributed to unnecessary deaths.

all he had to do was ask Americans to exercise caution until we knew what as going on, yet all he could think about was covering his own ass and his image

and yes, he gets some credit for vaccines, but the majority that were created and are available weren’t the product of operation warp speed
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:56 pm nobody said “vast majority”
Did I say anyone said that? No, I didn't.

I said I personally don't blame him for the vast majority of covid deaths.

See the difference?

You don't have to make extra effort to argue with everything I say, especially not to the point of doing what you did above which is arguing something that didn't happen. I'm sure there will be deserved opportunities.

But I also don't see how you can say Trump deserves more blame than anyone globally and then also say he gets positive credit for vaccines created while he was president. Seems contradictory.

I think we all agree Trump handled Covid terribly. So did the media. An all around piss poor effort.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

welcome back

jfc
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:08 pm welcome back

jfc
JFC is right

"Nobody said vast majority". Then blame me because you misunderstood and/or intentionally misinterpreted my post?

Pot meet kettle.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You want to argue with me so badly it doesn't even matter than I agree with you that Trump handled covid terribly.

Not everything has to be a zero sum game.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Well, that took about as long as we all figured it would….
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:53 pm Well, that took about as long as we all figured it would….
I'm surprised Trad lasted as long as he did too.

Funny watching everyone flock to argue every little thing and then play victim if I respond. Trad misunderstood me and then acted like a dick about it. In another thread twocoach comes along hours late and then repeats things others have already said multiple times to the same posts they did.

It takes 2 to tango. There's no shortage of dance partners around here.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

5 degrees here and we have a burst pipe.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:31 am 5 degrees here and we have a burst pipe.
5 degrees is probably why you have a burst pipe. But that's not good 99! hope you get it resolved soon with minimal repairs required.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:31 am 5 degrees here and we have a burst pipe.
Fuuuucck, that sucks.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if it makes you feel any better it's 16 degrees here and we only have about 2 minutes (maybe..max) of hot water and any given time and the last minute is Luke warm at best before it goes icy.

I've gotta switch out the lower heating element in the hot water tank today and hope that solves it. Im gonna try to do it without draining the tank. Should be easy enough.
Just Ledoux it