Know Yer Phoe: UConn Huskies

Post by ousdahl »

They have any success lately?
ousdahl

Re: Know Yer Phoe: UConn Huskies

Post by ousdahl »

They’re 7-0, ranked 4th currently.

Have won a record 24 straight noncon games in a row by double digits

Leading scorer is 16ppg Cam “BofH” Spencer, grad transfer previously from Rutgers and Loyola Maryland. Shooting 47% from deep

The Huskies are 0-3 all time against the Jayhawks…
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The interesting match up will be with Donovan clingan and hunter dicksinson. Clingan is 7'2 blocks shots and hits 3s. He backed up sonago last season
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:59 pm The interesting match up will be with Donovan clingan and hunter dicksinson. Clingan is 7'2 blocks shots and hits 3s. He backed up sonago last season
VGR!
He "hits 3s"? REALLY? I suppose you also think he is Black and from Australia. Am I right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KU-UCONN notes:
- Friday will mark the 26th time Kansas has hosted a top 10 opponent in the Self era
- It’ll be the 13th time Kansas hasn’t been the better ranked team. In those 12 previous contests KU is 12-0

https://twitter.com/sully_2029/status/1 ... ecEoiWoJ-Q
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:46 pm KU-UCONN notes:
- Friday will mark the 26th time Kansas has hosted a top 10 opponent in the Self era
- It’ll be the 13th time Kansas hasn’t been the better ranked team. In those 12 previous contests KU is 12-0

https://twitter.com/sully_2029/status/1 ... ecEoiWoJ-Q
Funny wording to me. I know what you mean but....
I would say higher ranked not better ranked.
If KU is 12-0 against "better" ranked teams then I don't comprehend how KU was the worse team.
Side note - A team isn't necessarily "better" because they are ranked higher.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In a different world, Hunter Dickinson and Donovan Clingan might have entered the NBA draft after strong seasons a year ago. Instead, both returned. And now, UConn and Kansas will play one of the biggest nonconference matchups in recent years, when the Huskies travel to face the Jayhawks at Allen Fieldhouse on Friday.
The most impressive element of the extended success for the team that has established an NCAA record with 24 consecutive nonconference wins by double digits is that the Huskies have done part of this without Adama Sanogo and Jordan Hawkins, two key players in last year's national title run. This season's group which extended and broke the record is different. In a multitude of metrics -- adjusted defensive efficiency and shooting percentage inside the arc (65.9%, No. 1 in the nation) -- they're even better than their national title-winning predecessors.

Kansas has also found a new identity with Hunter Dickinson, who is leading an offensive unit that has connected on 38.2% of its 3-point attempts and 59.8% of its shots inside the arc. Dickinson and the top-10 Jayhawks defense will have to keep Donovan Clingan and Samson Johnson at bay in the paint. But Connecticut has the big bodies to give Dickinson trouble for 40 minutes.

Kansas is always a major challenge at home. And UConn has not yet been pushed by a team that could expose its challenges from the perimeter (30.9% from the 3-point line). Still, here's one more thing to consider: The Huskies might be the best team in America, regardless of the venue.

Medcalf's pick: UConn, 80-76. Against the spread: UConn (+2.5)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I think KJ Adams will be the x-factor tonight. Juan will step up his game. Add "Beware the Phog" and KU will hang on late in a close one.

I really want to see these guys dialed in on defense and rebounding.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

And some more energy than we saw on Monday.
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:22 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:59 pm The interesting match up will be with Donovan clingan and hunter dicksinson. Clingan is 7'2 blocks shots and hits 3s. He backed up sonago last season
VGR!
He "hits 3s"? REALLY? I suppose you also think he is Black and from Australia. Am I right?
If you combine Alex karaban and clingan you get the 3s lol. I was thinking of karaban the tall white guy that was prolific for the corner
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:19 pm
VGR!
If you combine Alex karaban and clingan you get the 3s lol. I was thinking of karaban the tall white guy that was prolific for the corner
We all make mistakes.
I understand yours being that all white people look alike. ;)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:13 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:19 pm

VGR!
We all make mistakes.
I understand yours being that all white people look alike. ;)
Hey. Last March was a long time ago lol