NCAA Football 2023 Season

Kansas Football.
Back2Lawrence

Re: NCAA Football 2023 Season

Post by Back2Lawrence »

The big 10 needs to fix their title game nonsense. Not that it really matters for the playoff anymore, but the fact that only one of three Michigan, OSU, and Penn State (if they could ever figure out how to beat either or both of those two) will qualify is almost criminal.

Not as criminal as Iowa’s offense, but close.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:30 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:09 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:15 pm
Because they not only want programs to have really good resumes but also to win their conference.
"Want" but that isn't always what happens. Last year you had 2 Big 10 Teams and the year before you had 2 SEC teams.
5th, 6th and 7th last year were two more SEC teams that didn't even play in their conference title game and a Big Ten team that also didn't play in their conference title game.
?
What Big 10 team are you referring to?
If I am not mistaken......
Bama was 5, Tennessee was 6, Clemson was 7.
For argument's sake....
Clemson went undefeated in the ACC and won their conference championship. Did they not deserve a 7?
Bama beat a team that played in the Big 12 Championship by 25 points in their Bowl game. That proves to me they were worthy of a 5.
Tennessee beat Clemson by 17 in their Bowl game. That proves to me they worthy of a 6.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:22 pm The big 10 needs to fix their title game nonsense. Not that it really matters for the playoff anymore, but the fact that only one of three Michigan, OSU, and Penn State (if they could ever figure out how to beat either or both of those two) will qualify is almost criminal.

Not as criminal as Iowa’s offense, but close.
Yeah next year they do not have division's anymore. 18 teams and the two best play in championship. Oh and that format you did not like got two in the playoffs last year.
The criminal part is you thinking they need more than one.

Think Mich going to have some problems. Talk about not playing anyone out of conference.
Sure they can play their bully ball against the other Big 10 schools. However the average like 120 yards passing against Iowa,PSU and OSU. Pretty sure Bama going to shut down that run game hard. Look back two years when Mich got in playoffs cruising and then got smashed.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:27 am

"Want" but that isn't always what happens. Last year you had 2 Big 10 Teams and the year before you had 2 SEC teams.
5th, 6th and 7th last year were two more SEC teams that didn't even play in their conference title game and a Big Ten team that also didn't play in their conference title game.
?
For argument's sake....
Clemson went undefeated in the ACC and won their conference championship. Did they not deserve a 7?
Bama beat a team that played in the Big 12 Championship by 25 points in their Bowl game. That proves to me they were worthy of a 5.
Tennessee beat Clemson by 17 in their Bowl game. That proves to me they worthy of a 6.
Last year was pretty easy. There were four zero or one loss teams.

Which reminds me. Saben was pissed he didn't get in. Normally if in playoffs everyone plays but if not you will have some stars sit. Now Saben was pissed and was out to prove a point so no Bama player sat out.

It just so happen that Bama was playing the team that wears purple in the bowl game. My brother who lives in Kansas has this gambling app. I do not. I tell my brother that the team in Purple is for sure toast. He bets big.

This year my Brother calls and says oh Georgia has to be pissed. Haha
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

?
For argument's sake....
I apparently had it on Final Rankings and not Week 15 rankings. Penn State moved up to 7 final. Looks like they had a problem with Clemson losing to unranked Notre Dame and unranked South Carolina...
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:03 am
?
For argument's sake....
I apparently had it on Final Rankings and not Week 15 rankings. Penn State moved up to 7 final. Looks like they had a problem with Clemson losing to unranked Notre Dame and unranked South Carolina...
No worries - Not easy to keep track. I was throughly confused last year trying to keep track of possible scenarios and being that the CFP website was horrendous last year, it didn't help.

I had a brief conversation with a Notre Dame alum this morning. He asked me how I felt about FSU. I said he should ask a FSU fan and then ask an Alabama fan. I feel bad for FSU fans.
Thing is, of course you want a chance but I was at the Rose Bowl in 2015. I watched an undefeated #3 FSU team lose by 39 points.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It just feels like this is the first time in the 4 team playoff era that there have been more than 4 teams that had a legit argument to be included. I think both Florida State and Georgia had an argument but just didn't quite have enough of one to get in over Texas or Alabama.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

UT skated in. KSU should have kicked that field goal. Houston should have gotten a replay on that bad spot on 4th down.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:52 pm UT skated in. KSU should have kicked that field goal. Houston should have gotten a replay on that bad spot on 4th down.
Those games and the TCU game Texas had big lead and just looked bad after that. Texas vs Tech and OSU and they looked very good. Texas plays their best football they the best team in the playoffs.

Kinda hard for me to say but a team that was playing some really good football was Mizzery.

At first it was what the hell. Their offense just spot on. Well they got a new OC last year and that dude is good. His name is Kirby Moore and he is younger brother of Kellen.

So they play OSU in the bowl game. OSU already has ten players in portal including the starting QB. Probably have stars like Harrison not play. Mizzery opened -1.5 and since then has moved to -2.5. The move in the line was most likely my brother, LOL
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

I'm ready for Mizzou to beat a depleted OSU and then watch their fans talk themselves into feeling like a legit contender next year.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Man, after a slow start, UCLA woke up against Boise State.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:24 pm Man, after a slow start, UCLA woke up against Boise State.
Yep. UCLA = My 3rd favorite college team most of my life.
They made some nice half time adjustments.

In related comeback fashion - and involving the number 13......
KU Basketball was down 13 and won. :D
Florida A&M was down 13 (and then 14) and won.
In the NFL the Bengals were down 13 (and then 14) and won and the Colts were down 13-0 and won 30-13.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Seriously, why would an apology be needed?
WTF is wrong today?

After NC State closed out the regular season with a victory over its rival, Doeren addressed the team inside the locker room, and his comments were caught on camera by the ACC Network.

"It's been 1,460 days since those pieces of s--- beat us," Doeren told his team.

"I've never heard something like that before," Brown said. "I'm disappointed. I thought it was classless. It's not true. We didn't play well in the game...but you don't call kids a piece of s---, and I've addressed it with our team. I apologized to them.

You've never heard something like that before? In a football locker room? In all your years of coaching?
Bulllllllshit.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -classless
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Northwestern W. Fantastic effort.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Why did loooahville steal Oregon's uniform design.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So casually in the background I have on UNC/WVU playing the Duke’s Mayo Bowl

I’m disturbed by the number of mayonnaise jokes these announcers are making
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Reminded me of our game v Cincy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:34 pm So casually in the background I have on UNC/WVU playing the Duke’s Mayo Bowl

I’m disturbed by the number of mayonnaise jokes these announcers are making
Weren't really jokes.
Was getting to the point where I was waiting for one of them to say he blew a load of Duke's mayo on the other guys mother's face last night.
Speaking of jokes, UNC and Mack Brown might as well have not showed up.

Maybe belongs on the Sports Gambling thread but I'm going to share that I started off 0-3 against the spread in Bowl games. Then went 8-1. Now I am on an 0-5 streak.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

UNC grad I watched the game with was ashamed of the game plan.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Full disclosure: I had no idea there is a college football game on right now.

bad fan

Boston College 3

SMU 0

4:11 left in the first, ESPN.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas