Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: 2024

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:58 pm You're an educated, shellfish white male so that doesn't surprise me.
FYP
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:58 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:27 pm my life never changes. regardless of who is in the office.
You're an educated
You definitely lost me here...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:09 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:27 pm my life never changes. regardless of who is in the office.
You're an educated
I know a lot of idiots that are well educated. You don't have to be smart to be well educated.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:17 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:09 pm

You're an educated
I know a lot of idiots that are well educated.
We all know Psych
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:40 pm it's called being an adult. that is steering the boat. rather than letting the boat steer me.
it’s called being in a rut

it’s also called settling

it has zero to do with whatever dumb analogy you were going for
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mich is educated?

seems doubtful
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:23 pm Start an insurrection and find out. SIFO.
There was no insurrection. That's just ignorance linked to a talking point by the msm. And the sheep still echo it. The crowd never had any guns, or any plan to overthrow the government. Trump wasn't even there. He was miles away, at the white house, issuing a call for calm and peace

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/17 ... We11w&s=19
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:52 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:23 pm Start an insurrection and find out. SIFO.
There was no insurrection. That's just ignorance linked to a talking point by the msm. And the sheep still echo it. The crowd never had any guns, or any plan to overthrow the government. Trump wasn't even there. He was miles away, at the white house, issuing a call for calm and peace

One thing some people do is to read dissents first. Unburdened by the pressure that comes with writing law, dissenting judges whack away freely (and perhaps more-than-freely) at the majority opinion. You can generally, then, assume that a dissent identifies each and every weak spot in the majority opinion.

Which is relevant, here, in that (1) if your post is the very best argument there is that an insurrection did not occur, I am very comfortable concluding that an insurrection occurred, and (2) it's notable that none of the dissenting Colorado Supreme Court judges took any issue at all with the lower courts' conclusion that an insurrection occurred (and that Trump engaged in it).
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:52 pm

It's just like they said the vaccines were vaccines, when they were not. People believe the news because in the past, many decades ago, it used to actually tell facts. The "insurrection" contained no guns (except for the police) and was actually peaceful for the most part (unlike the George Floyd "peaceful" protests). They are just so scared of Trump going against the powers that be, that they will do anything they think they can get away with. It won't hold up though, as this is a baseless claim. You would at least need a conviction to have any chance, and even so, it's not in the actual constitution.

In contrast, Biden has factually set up 20 shell companies in China, which has accepted millions in bribes and laundered money. This is actual treason, but the news is in Biden's payroll. If Florida wanted to, they could find a way to remove Biden from the ballet. Be careful what precedent you set, because what Colorado is trying, it can backfire big time. Biden needs these other states.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

All of these arguments are either (1) betrayingly-weak (no guns? really?), or (2) unsupported by evidence (despite no lack of trying).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Also, what's the "actual constitution"? And what's "not in" it?
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:23 pm All of these arguments are either (1) betrayingly-weak (no guns? really?), or (2) unsupported by evidence (despite no lack of trying).
Well, the police had guns. They were responsible for the only death by gun.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Look if Trump wanted to commit an insurrection, it would not have looked like the protest we saw on January 6, and we all know that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:26 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:23 pm All of these arguments are either (1) betrayingly-weak (no guns? really?), or (2) unsupported by evidence (despite no lack of trying).
Well, the police had guns. They were responsible for the only death by gun.
So, no guns = no insurrection? Full stop? That in the constitution (“actual” or otherwise?) Or any law?

That’s what I mean.

This is a silly way to try to say no insurrection occurred, and if it’s what you’re leading with, you’ve got nothing.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There was a time in American history when southern democrats didn't want you to be able to vote for Abraham Lincoln either. That's about the only thing in American history we can compare this to.

A bunch of voters and politicians abandoned the democrat party over corruption and their commitment to slavery. Hopefully people's eyes are opening they need to abandon the current democrat regime as well
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Isn't it really interesting how language definitions have changed in the last few years? George Floyd was killed by manslaughter, yet the officer was charged with murder. A vaccine used to mean something that offered protection for years or even decades. These days, it's "may offer some protection for a few weeks, but you'll need another booster in 3 months". So sad when you think of all the children with parents who put this in their little ones. But now, insurrection can mean anything they want. Trump wasn't down there on ground, he never told people to riot. In fact, he said if there was any protesting, to keep it peaceful. In contrast, the Floyd riots were very violent, yet were considered "peaceful". Up is down, down is up. And the fact they don't want Trump to win so badly, should tell you everything you need to know.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i smell rotten seafood
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:51 pm i smell rotten seafood
^^^

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:47 pm Isn't it really interesting how language definitions have changed in the last few years? George Floyd was killed by manslaughter, yet the officer was charged with murder. A vaccine used to mean something that offered protection for years or even decades. These days, it's "may offer some protection for a few weeks, but you'll need another booster in 3 months". So sad when you think of all the children with parents who put this in their little ones. But now, insurrection can mean anything they want. Trump wasn't down there on ground, he never told people to riot. In fact, he said if there was any protesting, to keep it peaceful. In contrast, the Floyd riots were very violent, yet were considered "peaceful". Up is down, down is up. And the fact they don't want Trump to win so badly, should tell you everything you need to know.
This sort of flailing response indicates strongly-held, wide-ranging deep dissatisfaction and angst. I have no reason to doubt it is genuinely held.

But it’s not all that relevant to what’s soon to be in front of the Court.

Frankly, I don’t think it’s all that helpful, to your side of things, for the Court to consider the question of whether this was “insurrection or rebellion” with a wide-angle lens.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Everything that's happened with the political persecution of Donald Trump has exposed to the world that the US political system is rotten to the core.

It's third world shit we should have never allowed to happen

And everyone can clearly see it, except for democrat voters, blinded by their own political bias