Official Jayhawks Thump Yale Thread

Kansas Basketball.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Official Jayhawks Thump Yale Thread

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Timberlake had a better game than his stat line indicated.

It seems like the game is slowing down for EJ but it’s not translating to in-game results.

I know Self has a history of giving extended minutes once or twice sometimes then we all wonder why they aren’t playing anymore, but tonight ‘seemed’ to perhaps be a shift to more balanced minutes between Timberlake and Jackson.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:55 pm KJ saved our arses tonight.
The block early on should be in top 10 tonight.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:49 pm Nostradumbass
I am going to use this.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Nice to see Timberlake come to life a little bit. Although I am not surprised it happened against a team like Yale. Hopefully he can gain some momentum from this, even if it doesn't necessarily translate to additional in game minutes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hopefully it Jumpstarts his confidence and he can contribute in more meaningful ways and maybe even hit a shot ot two again. We're gonna need everyone we can get down the road. Pleasantly surprised at his efforts, was good to see.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I still really like Jamari. He's an easy dude to cheer for
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:20 am I still really like Jamari. He's an easy dude to cheer for
Me too.
Energy and aggression
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

And he knows how to judge present wrapping.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m not sure why he isn’t getting more minutes

i know it’s easy to question, but i just don’t recall see him make the mistakes that usually get guys pulled

is it because NT’s offensive ceiling is that much higher?

i don’t see NT being the superior defender
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:06 pm i’m not sure why he isn’t getting more minutes

i know it’s easy to question, but i just don’t recall see him make the mistakes that usually get guys pulled

is it because NT’s offensive ceiling is that much higher?

i don’t see NT being the superior defender
We saw Self kicking the rust off of NT. In a pack-in zone like Yale played, we need shooters pretty badly.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Timberlake is kind of a big key to our season I think. If we can get him comfortable and productive that'll be a huge bonus.

The freshman obviously are too but they are going to have an expected learning curve. Timberlake is a 6th year senior that has to adjust but should be experienced and ready to help us win now
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

The game has been too fast for both EJ and Timberlake. I think at the end of the day, Self has the luxury of using whichever matchup is the best for us, the athletic push the envelope guy in EJ, or the perimeter threat in Timberlake.

Self's comments about EJ needing to penetrate pass instead of penetrate shoot was both a lie and an obvious truth at the same time. Behind the scenes I would be surprised if Self isn't telling EJ to keep doing what he's doing thinking results will change based on comfortability and experience.

But, freshman. So, we'll see. Although not ideal having known threats about to go into conference play, I do like that there are two seperate options that could either work, depending on the night.

All that said, McCullar has to keep doing what he's doing and HD needs to play like he's in the moment. I hesitate to say he doesn't care, but he doesn't seem to take adversity the best, unless it's him causing it and talking trash.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:49 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:48 pm I called it early in the season.
This never gets old.

Nostradumbass
I didn't "predict" it, I just recognized it very early. Once mccullar showed an outside shot he became maybe the most complete all around player we've ever had here

He was really really good last year top, at everything else. That outside jumper really was the missing element that made him ELITE elite
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Please, tell me the difference between you “calling it” vs “predicted” it?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I predicted that Google would do pretty well as early as last year.