Medical Issues

Coffee talk.
DeletedUser

Re: Medical Issues

Post by DeletedUser »

My daughter and wife both had a cough that lasted close to a month. It eventually went away.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hang in there you guys.

Beav and I had that same shit.

I tried some menthol cough drops and my cough went away after a couple days.

I suggested Beav try cough drops too, he replied with BUT MAH RIGHTS, and his cough is still going strong
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RSV virus has been an awful triplet along with flu and COVID. These are challenging times. I have a friend diagnosed with RSV that has been sick for weeks. Could be the COVID times just decreased our immunity.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm pretty sick right now. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't progress.
Besides the people I work with that I bitch about, last Sunday I took my buddy to the Bears game. I can actually smell if someone is sick. That might seem weird but it's 100% true.
Imeditatley when he picked me up I could smell he was sick. I asked him if he was sick and his exact words were "Yeah, but it's just a bad cold. It's not contagious".
I was pissed. A couple days passed and I was fine. Then WHAM!
Of course I can't prove I got sick from him but I reached out to him and told him my feelings in regards to his knowing he was sick (and ASSUMING) it was "just a bad cold" and his not giving a fuck about exposing me and the others in the suite. He responded with a bunch of ignorance and actually incriminated himself trying to defend himself.
I reminded him that when I asked him what he was doing for Christmas he said he was NOT going to be with his mother because he is sick. But it was fine for him to be with me and others and not give a shit about us? Fuck him!
It's amazing to me that a person who was a straight A student in High School (and a mostly A student in college) can be so fucking stupid.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You could “smell” he was sick, but went ahead and hung out with him?

Were you a C student?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

A possible action for you to protect yourself would have been for you to immediately get away from him the moment he indicated he was sick. Especially since you could "smell that he was sick".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:46 pm You could “smell” he was sick, but went ahead and hung out with him?

Were you a C student?
C is being generous. ;)

I suppose I should have told him to go fuck himself when he picked me up - and told him to go home.
I strongly considered it. Simple D- type of student lesson learned - the hard way.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:58 pm A possible action for you to protect yourself would have been for you to immediately get away from him the moment he indicated he was sick. Especially since you could "smell that he was sick".
Yeah, I am just as mad at myself as I am at him.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what does sickness smell like? I mean, not terminal sickness just....regular
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:39 pm what does sickness smell like? I mean, not terminal sickness just....regular
Hard to explain but to me it's sort of a musty smell. Slightly similar to when someone drank a lot of beer and you smell them the next day.

Another part of my frustration is that due to my having high blood pressure and a heart "condition" I am not supposed to use decongestants.
I just ate a burger with raw onion and garlic. It was hard to smell and taste it unless I blew my nose as hard as I could.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

with the new year coming up. maybe you can develop a new schtick. the sniveling weaksauce wimp routine is played.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

or. If you must be a sniveling weaksauce wimp. can you not constantly broadcast it on the interwebz.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"