Official Jayhawks lick the Toads Thread

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Official Jayhawks lick the Toads Thread

Post by pdub »

Udeh would already, this season, be a better defender than Hunter.
I think by his junior year at KU he would have been 90% of Udoka junior year ( if healthy ).
So yes, i'd rather watch him from his freshman year to senior year and hope he succeeds than rent some fake pretend KU player for one year who prompts the crowd to raise the roof ONLY when he does something good.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And I'd rather have players who don't bail on their team at the first sign of adversity.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m glad we’ve got a front court that can put serious points on the board

that’s what we were missing from both Udeh and Zuby, and why Self went hard after HD
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Self wanted a guy who could get them 20 and 10 every night and now we have 2 of them.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I have no doubt Hunter is far better for this years team than Udeh/Zuby.

I’d still rather them.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:38 pm I have no doubt Hunter is far better for this years team than Udeh/Zuby.

I’d still rather them.
I wish they would have stayed. It was a supremely dumb decision by each of them that is not working out for either of them. Short sighted and unnecessary.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:31 pm Udeh would already, this season, be a better defender than Hunter.
I think by his junior year at KU he would have been 90% of Udoka junior year ( if healthy ).
So yes, i'd rather watch him from his freshman year to senior year and hope he succeeds than rent some fake pretend KU player for one year who prompts the crowd to raise the roof ONLY when he does something good.
So in other words, you basically have "irrational" disdain for Dickinson. Got it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:45 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:38 pm I have no doubt Hunter is far better for this years team than Udeh/Zuby.

I’d still rather them.
I wish they would have stayed. It was a supremely dumb decision by each of them that is not working out for either of them. Short sighted and unnecessary.
Not really short sighted by either of them if HD stays 2 years imo.

I also think HD is getting a lot better at defense as the year has progressed simply because he understands the team concepts of defense and works well in our system. I haven't seen the "only" being excited when he does well. I have seen him be extremely supportive of DH Kj and KM.

Also, I do not think Udeh was ever going to turn into Dok based on what we have seen this year. I have also never felt like Jamie Dixon was a bad coach or incapable of coaching bigs. But I am far from a Jamie Dixon expert.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:14 am
pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:31 pm Udeh would already, this season, be a better defender than Hunter.
So in other words, you basically have "irrational" disdain for Dickinson. Got it.
At least I’ll own it.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:26 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:14 am
At least I’ll own it.
I felt the same way prior to the season.

I felt the same way prior to last season with McCullar.

They've both been pleasant surprises. I like both a lot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the more I watch that Udeh play...

I'm not convinced it was a flagrant. But, I'm more convinced it was a foul and wouldve been our ball anyway.

He cleared out and threw his had and elbow backwards in an unnatural arm movement after the ball was gone. People don't typically swing their arms up and back. I dont think he intentionally hit him in the face, but he intentionally swung his arm backwards, not a normal arm swing path based on where his momentum was going.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:26 am the more I watch that Udeh play...

I'm not convinced it was a flagrant. But, I'm more convinced it was a foul and wouldve been our ball anyway.

He cleared out and threw his had and elbow backwards in an unnatural arm movement after the ball was gone. People don't typically swing their arms up and back. I dont think he intentionally hit him in the face, but he intentionally swung his arm backwards, not a normal arm swing path based on where his momentum was going.
It does not gave to be intentional, just unnecessary. The ncaa dud nit want refs to have to be judging something as subjective as "intent" so they removed that from the rule.

He intended to clear Hunter out to secure the rebound and hit him in the face. It is a text book example of a Flagrant 1 foul per the current wording of the rule. If people don't agree with the current wording of the rule then that's a different argument. It was clearly the right call.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I am no fan of the portal. but last spring. It very much worked in our favor.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I don't give a shit where players come from so long as there is a roster full of guys playing for KU who want to play for KU and who bust their ass to play hard for KU. If guys are too scared to fight for minutes or too spoiled to have to earn their minutes then they can GTFO.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:38 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:26 am the more I watch that Udeh play...

It does not gave to be intentional, just unnecessary. The ncaa dud nit want refs to have to be judging something as subjective as "intent" so they removed that from the rule.

He intended to clear Hunter out to secure the rebound and hit him in the face. It is a text book example of a Flagrant 1 foul per the current wording of the rule. If people don't agree with the current wording of the rule then that's a different argument. It was clearly the right call.
The way you two saw it exactly how I saw it as well. It’s not like he gathered the ball above his head and hit Hunter when he brought his arms down. It was a movement after he passed the ball.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I agree with pdub. Bad clear out