Rock Chalk Unplugged

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Rock Chalk Unplugged

Post by Mjl »

Links to the podcast have been in other threads but I think it deserves its own. Lightfoot and Teahan are fun. It's great. I thought McCullar was a bit too... well trained? Like, talking like they're taught to talk to media, not really saying anything. Maybe it's because he never played with those guys. But everyone else has been awesome.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/r ... 1672412349
Mjl

Re: Rock Chalk Unplugged

Post by Mjl »

One of the takeaways I've had - they ask everyone about NIL, and it has been all guys who played at least some before NIL. Sounds like they really weren't getting paid previously. I mention that because it seems like the prevailing thought is "they were always getting paid, but now it's legal". After listening to these podcasts, I no longer think that
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

mjl listening to student ath-o-letes who were taught to talk to the media when they talk to the media about how they never got paid

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t think a lot of dudes were paid but some were. That’s why the NCAA got all pissed at us.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Listened to that episode today. Made for an enjoyable bike ride.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

8/11/23

Kansas Basketball Players KJ Adams & Dajuan Harris give a preview of the 2023 KU season on the latest episode of the Rock Chalk Unplugged Podcast.

https://youtu.be/Iunzq5E46n4
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Juan gonna toss KJ so many lobs from pick and rolls this season.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

gonna be great
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Svi Mykhailiuk joins Mitch Lightfoot and Chris Teahan on today's new episode of Rock Chalk Unplugged.

Svi Mykhailiuk opens up about his NBA journey -- from getting drafted to the Lakers and playing with LeBron James, to getting traded, signing with the Boston Celtics this offseason, and more. Svi also shares some of his best stories from when he played at KU for Coach Bill Self. The episode begins with Chris and Mitch providing an update on Kansas Football.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Devonte Graham joins Mitch Lightfoot and Chris Teahan on today's new episode of Rock Chalk Unplugged. Devonte Graham reflects back on his playing days for Kansas Basketball and opens up about his adjustment to life in the NBA. Devonte talks about his draft night experience, finding his groove with the San Antonio Spurs, and his first impression of Victor Wembanyama. Tune in for another great episode of Rock Chalk Unplugged!

Devonte Graham On Life In The NBA, Untold Stories From KU & First Impression Of Victor Wembanyama
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:21 pm One of the takeaways I've had - they ask everyone about NIL, and it has been all guys who played at least some before NIL. Sounds like they really weren't getting paid previously. I mention that because it seems like the prevailing thought is "they were always getting paid, but now it's legal". After listening to these podcasts, I no longer think that
My guess is that no one is going to fess up to breaking the rules on record. If we have learned one thing it is that the NCAA is petty AF and will take that statement and come after you and the team you played for at the time.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:40 am
Mjl wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:21 pm One of the takeaways I've had - they ask everyone about NIL, and it has been all guys who played at least some before NIL. Sounds like they really weren't getting paid previously. I mention that because it seems like the prevailing thought is "they were always getting paid, but now it's legal". After listening to these podcasts, I no longer think that
My guess is that no one is going to fess up to breaking the rules on record. If we have learned one thing it is that the NCAA is petty AF and will take that statement and come after you and the team you played for at the time.
I'd think you'd hear more, 'haha no comment' if that was the case.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

HD, ball screens?

After listening to this, I hope we win even more.

On today's new episode of Rock Chalk Unplugged, co-hosts Mitch Lightfoot and Chris Teahan preview the border showdown between Kansas and Missouri, reveal their best stories of trash-talking Mizzou fans, and explain why nobody hates Mizzou more than Christian Braun.

Border Showdown Preview, Trash Talking Mizzou Fans & Why Christian Braun HATES Mizzou
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Kansas Basketball guard Elmarko Jackson joins Mitch Lightfoot and Chris Teahan on today's new episode of Rock Chalk Unplugged. Elmarko Jackson talks about his adjustment to Kansas Basketball, his first conversation with Bill Self, how he deals with autograph scammers, and how the team is shaping up with Big 12 play underway. Elmarko also reveals his welcome to college basketball moment and how he's handled becoming a starter for KU.

Elmarko Jackson On Bill Self’s Coaching Tactics, Autograph Scammers & Big 12 Outlook
Anand Giridharadas