Official Jayhawks Mess with the Bull Thread

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Official Jayhawks Mess with the Bull Thread

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:23 am
pdub wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:21 am Timberlake was supposed to much better than this.
Elmarko was supposed to be better than this.

Self has to take a big L for not prepping us vs the zone.
It wasn't just on the players not executing - they just didn't seem ready for that switch.
The biggest thing was that we didn't appear to have a plan to get Hunter the fucking ball - which is sorta absurd when you have a guy that pretty much comes out of the zone-buster factory.
I think Hunter did a terrible job of actively getting himself in position to receive the ball. It seemed like he was floating around the perimeter setting screens more than he was fighting for post position. I just don't see him down there battling for good post position like many of our previous KU bigs.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this team will go as far as HD can take us.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:32 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:23 am
pdub wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:21 am Timberlake was supposed to much better than this.
Elmarko was supposed to be better than this.

Self has to take a big L for not prepping us vs the zone.
It wasn't just on the players not executing - they just didn't seem ready for that switch.
The biggest thing was that we didn't appear to have a plan to get Hunter the fucking ball - which is sorta absurd when you have a guy that pretty much comes out of the zone-buster factory.
I think Hunter did a terrible job of actively getting himself in position to receive the ball. It seemed like he was floating around the perimeter setting screens more than he was fighting for post position. I just don't see him down there battling for good post position like many of our previous KU bigs.
He was also directing traffic (off the ball) more than I've seen. I am a very limited basketball knower - I don't know if he was doing something wrong, or if other people were, or both. Probably both.

I know that on-court chaos is ultimately Bill's responsibility...and should really not happen with a veteran team like this.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

dOoMeD
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:32 pm I just don't see him down there battling for good post position like many of our previous KU bigs.
It's subtle, but he's very good at getting position. That's why he is such a good scorer despite not being super "athletic".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:39 pmdOoMeD
players only meeting
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas