NFL 2023

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: NFL 2023

Post by Sparko »

Really bad ref work. Two dirty hits on LA's last drive. But McVeigh seemed a little stupid there. Third and forever, get back to FG range. Depending on that defense for a stop was amusing.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Lions got hosed against the Cowboys and then got away with murder on defense against the Rams
Defense. Rebounds.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 pm Bad day for the Mcs.
I was McLovin’ it.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:42 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 pm Bad day for the Mcs.
I was McLovin’ it.
Even if the refs were Doo Do Do Do Doo at the end.

I know you hate cheese with your burger gutter. Sorry for my cheese here.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:08 pm Really bad ref work. Two dirty hits on LA's last drive. But McVeigh seemed a little stupid there. Third and forever, get back to FG range. Depending on that defense for a stop was amusing.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Seems Buffalo will be cold but may escape "blizzard like" conditions.
Is it bad that I would laugh if the Philly/Tampa game gets several weather delays due to lightning? Which, it a decent possibility.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dallas getting upset is as delicious as uk or dook getting upset
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

There's a game in Buffalo this afternoon that was already postponed due to the weather, and no update from Dr Pepper?

bad fan
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:34 am dallas getting upset is as delicious as uk or dook getting upset
Other than the fact it cost me money, I agree.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:34 am dallas getting upset is as delicious as uk or dook getting upset

Even when they suck, I don’t root for them to be better. Just lose baby.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:42 am There's a game in Buffalo this afternoon that was already postponed due to the weather, and no update from Dr Pepper?

bad fan
She very well may be too busy shoveling snow. Or her power may be out. Or she might be eating breakfast. Or she might be "celebrating" MLK Day. Or......
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:47 am
Shirley wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:42 am There's a game in Buffalo this afternoon that was already postponed due to the weather, and no update from Dr Pepper?

bad fan
She very well may be too busy shoveling snow. Or her power may be out. Or she might be eating breakfast. Or she might be "celebrating" MLK Day. Or......
Or, maybe she has her professional reputation to consider, and like advertisers on X who don't want their ads to appear next to Nazis and white supremacists, she doesn't want her posts to appear next to yours?
Anand Giridharadas
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I slept in nursing a sore back. I am not as young as I think. There was enough snow to get out a snowblower, but when it snows off-and-on all day, you keep the paths open with a shovel. I have a baby snowblower (ie single single-stage) for speed so the end of the driveway must be done by hand. aaaaAND, I did several ends of driveways for elderly and immigrant neighbors. My lower back is not happy today.
The snow was not the issue in this storm, it has been the wind and visibility. No trees on my roof (thankfully).
Obligatory reminder to people not accustomed to lake effect snow, it comes in bands that move around a lot. One neighborhood can be getting dumped on with snow and wind, and the sun can be shining 3 blocks away. Then, thirty minutes later the roles reversed as the snow band(s) moves. Today it is one big wide snowband stuck between Buffalo and Orchard Park. The Bills stadium is in Orchard Park which is far from any population center. I suspect fans will have trouble getting to the game.
They are asking fans not to come too early for tailgating because snow removal has been slow. They wanted people yesterday to shovel out seats in the stadium, but people could not get to the stadium (driving ban).
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I am feeling like a bad fan. This morning I was offered a ticket to the game and I declined it. Had I had more notice to scrounge up appropriate gear, I would have done it. But it was too last minute.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I don't know anything about the "lake effect" snow, so thanks for the info.

Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully it's transient and you didn't screw anything up.

I had a snow blower in KC and would do multiple driveways with it, because it was fun, &/or the neighbors were elderly or worked, etc. It was a good feeling.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

every year i consider getting one

every year i balk, end up regretting it, but keep telling myself “at least i’m getting the exercise”

this year hasn’t been too bad (fingers crossed)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DrPepper wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:16 am I slept in nursing a sore back. I am not as young as I think. There was enough snow to get out a snowblower, but when it snows off-and-on all day, you keep the paths open with a shovel. I have a baby snowblower (ie single single-stage) for speed so the end of the driveway must be done by hand. aaaaAND, I did several ends of driveways for elderly and immigrant neighbors. My lower back is not happy today.
The snow was not the issue in this storm, it has been the wind and visibility. No trees on my roof (thankfully).
Obligatory reminder to people not accustomed to lake effect snow, it comes in bands that move around a lot. One neighborhood can be getting dumped on with snow and wind, and the sun can be shining 3 blocks away. Then, thirty minutes later the roles reversed as the snow band(s) moves. Today it is one big wide snowband stuck between Buffalo and Orchard Park. The Bills stadium is in Orchard Park which is far from any population center. I suspect fans will have trouble getting to the game.
They are asking fans not to come too early for tailgating because snow removal has been slow. They wanted people yesterday to shovel out seats in the stadium, but people could not get to the stadium (driving ban).
Sorry to read about your back!

Yes, snow removal has been slow......

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2H7XwYL ... _copy_link
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I was tired of cursing the plow services and having to do the shoveling myself anyway. For the price of one year's snowplow service, I bought myself a snowblower and have not looked back. It is fun. I am up early and out in the elements walking the dog anyway, so it is not like I don't know how to dress for the weather. I do the job 1000x better and hours sooner than the so-called pros that tear up the driveway, dislodge the edging, tried to take out my retaining wall, drive like maniacs, live on redbull, and rarely show up anyway.
And I get to do a quarter of the neighborhood so everyone is happy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Lil' Wayne was in the house supporting his Packers. Well, at least physically he was. I don't know about mentally.

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/17 ... 8622944735
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I hate to inveigh against McVeigh, err. McVay. I would change the spelling too . . .