Refs

Kansas Football.
DrPepper

Re: Refs

Post by DrPepper »

Like the aforementioned link, the rule dates back to an olden time when the endzone was treated as special. Incomplete passes in the endzone were touchbacks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:11 pm Illegal touching IMHO. Like catching your own batted pass. Down on completion. These are squirrely plays that are just as bad as throwing to linemen. Rare occurrences, but fumbling forward/offense advancing fumbles was something supposedly taken out of the game. Mariota could have injured himself. If God had been watching.
I agree that if someone intentionally batted a fumbled ball forward over the end line that it would be a fumble but no penalty just for having it knocked out of your hands. We'll see, I bet they address it this offseason.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I see mention of rewarding and penalizing the offenses and defenses for their good efforts and risk taking. What is the rationale for rewarding a pressured QB, out of the pocket, with only a loss of down when the QB throws the ball out the back of the endzone or to (essentially) no one to avoid a sack? TFL and sacks are my favorite plays. Damn near impossible to get a sack when there is all that space across the line of scrimmage (and several rows up into the stands) to throw it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DrPepper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:49 pm I see mention of rewarding and penalizing the offenses and defenses for their good efforts and risk taking. What is the rationale for rewarding a pressured QB, out of the pocket, with only a loss of down when the QB throws the ball out the back of the endzone or to (essentially) no one to avoid a sack? TFL and sacks are my favorite plays. Damn near impossible to get a sack when there is all that space across the line of scrimmage (and several rows up into the stands) to throw it.
The real answer is that broken QBs are bad for business.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You are right. The rules seem to encourage the QBs to get out of the pocket and scramble (fun to watch), but seeing the QBs repeatedly throw the ball away is an anticlimatic snoozefest.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:06 pm You are right. The rules seem to encourage the QBs to get out of the pocket and scramble (fun to watch), but seeing the QBs repeatedly throw the ball away is an anticlimatic snoozefest.
Watching your backup QB play because your starter got his ankle rolled over because he didn't want to take a penalty for throwing the ball away when he was out of the pocket but his receivers were well covered is even more of an anticlimactic snoozefest.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:49 am
DrPepper wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:06 pm You are right. The rules seem to encourage the QBs to get out of the pocket and scramble (fun to watch), but seeing the QBs repeatedly throw the ball away is an anticlimatic snoozefest.
Watching your backup QB play because your starter got his ankle rolled over because he didn't want to take a penalty for throwing the ball away when he was out of the pocket but his receivers were well covered is even more of an anticlimactic snoozefest.
Kneel. Slide. Give yourself up.

But, I am fine with the rule as it is.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:54 am

I am fine how it is as well. Those guys are usually way further back than 5 yards from the LOS so it would be a massive penalty if you force them to kneel/slide/give yourself up because the defense managed to cover your WRs on the play. Throw it away and move on, the loss of down is the right punishment.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:00 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:54 am

I am fine how it is as well. Those guys are usually way further back than 5 yards from the LOS so it would be a massive penalty if you force them to kneel/slide/give yourself up because the defense managed to cover your WRs on the play. Throw it away and move on, the loss of down is the right punishment.
Agree.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Lakers/Warriors game is almost unwatchable because of how piss poor the officiating has been in crunch time.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Over/under on posts bitching about Refs during Chiefs game? I’ve got it set at 6.5
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Is it total calls bitched about at 6.5? Or total posts bitching about calls at 6.5? Because I'll take the over on total posts bitching even if there is only 1 bad call LOL

Hopefully we've got the good refs today. I think there is a conspiracy about a ref in this game that is said to be pro KC.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:19 am Over/under on posts bitching about Refs during Chiefs game? I’ve got it set at 6.5
I'll take the over by .5.
I predict pdub and sparko will have 6 bitch posts (3 valid 3 not valid), then someone else will bitch, and pdub will get super frustrated and lock all threads related to the game during the game.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:19 am Over/under on posts bitching about Refs during Chiefs game? I’ve got it set at 6.5
I’ll take the over
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I'll take the under. Although bitching about bitching may not be as virtuous as you both seem to think
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

LOL. Touche' Sparko.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:25 am I'll take the under. Although bitching about bitching may not be as virtuous as you both seem to think
Got em.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I rewatched the last Ravens game that the Chiefs lost 36-35 on a CEH late fumble. It had all the hallmarks of the Chiefs losses this year. Mahomes pressing to make a pass when the Chiefs were actually comfortably in the lead (threw a silly int). A role player making the fatal mistake on the big stage. Hoping the Chiefs can simply limit mistakes and stretch the field when the Ravens try to take away the screen passes--which will be successful if Baltimore does its every man a blitzer usual stuff. Hardman had one of his biggest games stretching the field last time.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:41 am I rewatched the last Ravens game that the Chiefs lost 36-35 on a CEH late fumble. It had all the hallmarks of the Chiefs losses this year. Mahomes pressing to make a pass when the Chiefs were actually comfortably in the lead (threw a silly int). A role player making the fatal mistake on the big stage. Hoping the Chiefs can simply limit mistakes and stretch the field when the Ravens try to take away the screen passes--which will be successful if Baltimore does its every man a blitzer usual stuff. Hardman had one of his biggest games stretching the field last time.
LULZ. No comment ("bitching" ;) ) about the officiating?

Post by Sparko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:59 pm

Penalties suck, but I am hoping the even out. The OPI was really holding and it made a huge difference in field position

Post by Sparko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:31 pm

THAT was holding.

Post by Sparko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Holding. Every play now. They grabbed jerseys and waists. Will have to play through that crap.

Post by Sparko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:49 pm

Jackson waited too long to throw on the penalty. There were multiple linemen in the end zone. Don't know why the homer guy in NY was evasive about it. Pretty cut and dried

Post by Sparko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 pm

That was an easy call. Everyone makes that call

by Sparko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Sorenson too. He can't cover any more. The last call on Honey Badger was crap too. If Butker misses the winning FG I would have felt okay. Losing like that is garbage. Tough tough schedule doing its intended damage though.