Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve got more integrity in my pubes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Live by pressure-group politics....die by pressure-group politics.

https://twitter.com/nickineily/status/1 ... 9229353438

Members of the NEA teachers union want to revoke their endorsement of Joe Biden in the 2024 election until he secures a “permanent cease-fire” and stops “sending military funding, equipment, and intelligence to Israel.”
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:22 am For a former president and the Republican "incumbent" to only capture 54% of the vote in the New Hampshire Republican primary is way, way weak. Even in an open primary state, that's pathetic.

And Trump's unhinged, retribution, I mean, "victory" speech last night should remind anyone watching just what we're in for over the next 10 months.

jfish26 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:10 am Republicans are sleepwalking (zombie walking) toward disaster. This number won’t go DOWN as it becomes apparent that The Defendant has no meaningful factual or legal defenses (and indeed cannot whip people up with lies because doing so actually, finally, exposes him further).

https://twitter.com/mikesington/status/ ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Trump can declare victory as much as he'd like. But he certainly cannot afford to move backwards from 2020, and that is what all available evidence suggests is happening.

Included among that evidence is that you already have his surrogates (Stefanik and Greene) out there saying his margin of victory in New Hampshire is fake news.

It's not complicated, folks. They know he can't win straight-up, and so they're already softening the ground for another round of bullshit.

The Republican Party - which, again, had my vote pretty reliably until 2016! - has had chance after chance after chance after chance to take its medicine and move on. Instead, it seems hell-bent on splintering altogether (which is not good for the country, in a lot of ways).
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the teachers union is the biggest villian of the last 5 years.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

thank god mich assured us that his folks had moved on from trump
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:56 pm Well, if you want to argue that government forcing the universities to require the shots or receive no government money is not "mandated" then you're not being sincere here. Airlines, private businesses -- the government tried to force them to do it or else because the Biden admin knew they could not legally impose a mandate from the government. None of this very illegal and dangerous activity happened when Trump was in office.
Again, there is a difference between forcing federal employees and employees who have federal contracts and "the general public". Airlines I understand as they are the primary movers of people through the nation. It would be wise to ensure you're doing as much as possible to limit the wide-open spread of covid in employees who deal with a large volume of the general public across the nation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:54 am the teachers union is the biggest villian of the last 5 years.
Yeah, we know. You've ranted about them a few times now. We get it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:54 am the teachers union is the biggest villian of the last 5 years.
I’m not usually the typo or spelling/grammar police, but this is just art in the context of your post.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:41 am Live by pressure-group politics....die by pressure-group politics.

https://twitter.com/nickineily/status/1 ... 9229353438

Members of the NEA teachers union want to revoke their endorsement of Joe Biden in the 2024 election until he secures a “permanent cease-fire” and stops “sending military funding, equipment, and intelligence to Israel.”
It should read "SOME members of the NEA". I would assume that in a union of more than 3 million people that you can find "some" members who support just about anything. It's no doubt that there are Palestinian American teachers in the NEA in enough numbers to get some signatures on the petition they have started. I doubt it gets enough support for the actual NEA as an organization to actually back it.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Trump says that since Haley lost, she should not act like she won. Thanks for the insight, Mr. Election Denier, Sir.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:58 am Trump says that since Haley lost, she should not act like she won. Thanks for the insight, Mr. Election Denier, Sir.
LOL. I thought the same thing when he went on his rant.

He'd be smart to stick to Biden. If he plans on winning (actually winning) he will need a lot of those Haley voters to get him there.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dt has no notions of winning any election in 24. you cannot act like that guy acts. and seriously expect to win any election.

same thing in 20.

he has no intentions on winning any election.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He didn't intend on winning 2016, and yet folks who think like you think just lapped up his nonsense.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

When governments know they legally cannot do something such as mandate a shot, they use what's called "the camels nose under the tent". Sure, you can lie and pretend it's not a mandate, but that's like saying if the mafia threatens you with death then that's also not a use of force.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:29 am When governments know they legally cannot do something such as mandate a shot, they use what's called "the camels nose under the tent". Sure, you can lie and pretend it's not a mandate, but that's like saying if the mafia threatens you with death then that's also not a use of force.
Or - and I know this runs counter to the I'm-entitled-to-act-like-a-child-if-I-want ethos of the MAGA right, but bear with me - conditioning access to benefits, privileges and services on compliance with rules is sort of how the adult world works.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

he wanted to win in 16

he did not in 20

he does not in 24
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am he wanted to win in 16

he did not in 20

he does not in 24
It's perfect that you are EXACTLY 180 degrees from right here.

He wants to win in 2024 much more desperately than ever before, because he knows he's prison-bound otherwise.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lobs still beatin’ the covid horse

poor little guy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:38 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am he wanted to win in 16

he did not in 20

he does not in 24
It's perfect that you are EXACTLY 180 degrees from right here.

He wants to win in 2024 much more desperately than ever before, because he knows he's prison-bound otherwise.
on each of three, too

:lol:
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Cassandra wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:29 am When governments know they legally cannot do something such as mandate a shot, they use what's called "the camels nose under the tent". Sure, you can lie and pretend it's not a mandate, but that's like saying if the mafia threatens you with death then that's also not a use of force.
Pro tip: Be more specific in your whining, if you'd like to be understood.

no charge
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas