What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:28 am demonrats desire an open border. republicans do not want an open border.

your postings during an election year is a $#itshow. desiring rules and regulations is not a $#it$#ow.
MICH - it’s House Republicans who are holding rules and regulations up. For 2024 election reasons.

The President and the Senate (both sides) have a deal that is signature-ready.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s like it doesn’t matter what reality actually is, mich will continue with the tired, trolling tropes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:28 am demonrats desire an open border. republicans do not want an open border.

your postings during an election year is a $#itshow. desiring rules and regulations is not a $#it$#ow.
No, Republicans want a Republican President to get credit for the border issue getting addressed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:13 pm

No, Republicans want a Republican President to get credit for the border issue getting addressed.
I disagree, only in that I think you could stop the sentence at “President.”

That’s what this is about. It’s not about actually doing or fixing anything.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Just another day in the happy united city of Shitcago.....

https://twitter.com/ChicagoContrar1/sta ... 7182083099
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Saying something shitty to someone is somehow dictating policy?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I will preface my question with this, I think undocumented immigrants and how we deal with them in the future will be one of the most important issues this country will deal with in the next decade.

Please list for me the 3 most significant ways you think undocumented immigrants effect your life today?

Saying this is a "big issue" is not specific. Tell me three specific things/ways in which undocumented immigrants affect your life daily.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

There aren’t enough of them to fill many of the jobs that have proven to be beneath white folks
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Abbott putting his feeble little man in a wheelchair syndrome on full display.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 am Abbott putting his feeble little man in a wheelchair syndrome on full display.
Abbott's behavior is despicable and irresponsible. He is openly daring the federal government to physically act against state law enforcement. Bad bad bad bad bad situation.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Eisenhower at Little Rock.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A small mean pathetic attention whore in search of a self aggrandizing photo op.

I think I might have inadvertently written the campaign slogan for several rubepublicans....
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I try to avoid this board these days. But how can anyone object to Abbotts decision to protect our border? Biden is embarassing himself by wanting to take it down

And Biden is now in a lose lose. He either does nothing after Abbott defied him using the states rights, or he sends people down to Texas to take down the wire, and looks like a tyrant
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The federal government has overstepped its boundaries too far and too often. Abbott doing what needs to be done.

Hopefully biden doesn't double down on Tyranny, there is no good reason to want an open border. The cartel wants an open border, and has a lot of financial influence over America politics
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And I know you guys had to have seen that shit with the attempt to bribe Kari lake from running. We have a serious corruption problem within our government, coming from both sides, and they desperately want to keep the people out that actually have America's best interests at heart
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:51 am
japhy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 am Abbott putting his feeble little man in a wheelchair syndrome on full display.
Abbott's behavior is despicable and irresponsible. He is openly daring the federal government to physically act against state law enforcement. Bad bad bad bad bad situation.
How is this your perspective? If the fed government acts physically against a state trying to defend itself from waves of illegal immigrants, instead of defending the state... it exposes itself as being even far more corrupt than we've imagined
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:04 pm
How is this your perspective? If the fed government acts physically against a state trying to defend itself from waves of illegal immigrants, instead of defending the state... it exposes itself as being even far more corrupt than we've imagined
I know man. This Fish guy acts like the state can do nothing wrong, like there's some magical reason that federal employees "do the right thing" than a state employee. Ironically, what the fed does is often a "Bad bad bad bad bad situation".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:04 pm
There are things that you can do to defend your state that are not illegal and do not actively prevent the federal government from doing their job as well. He is doing performance art, not governing.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pmHe is doing performance art, not governing.
Thank you. That is a perfect way of describing what the judges tried to do in Colorado with Trump.