Official BOOOOOO Thread

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Official BOOOOOO Thread

Post by DeletedUser »

NT is just so limited defensively. It's a challenge to have him out there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:25 am NT is just so limited defensively. It's a challenge to have him out there.
i don’t disagree, but other than KM name a player on this squad that doesn’t have a notable limitation

it’s on Self to figure it out…the best matchups game to game, and of course situationally within games
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:31 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:25 am NT is just so limited defensively. It's a challenge to have him out there.
i don’t disagree, but other than KM name a player on this squad that doesn’t have a notable limitation

it’s on Self to figure it out…the best matchups game to game, and of course situationally within games
True....but we know Self rarely switches rotations game to game based on matchups. Especially when he's picking from 3 or 4 guys who he doesn't trust and who the core 4 don't trust.

Feels like NT is a 5mpg type of guy for us unfortunately.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, the options are Furphy and Elmarko, both of whom are also limited defensively. Furphy is getting destroyed on defense and KU is just 3-3 in these last 6 games where Furphy's minutes have been increased to 18+ mpg or more. Hopefully, this is an example of Self sticking with a guy through taking his lumps to develop him for the tourney despite the losing impacts on games today, something that Self has been accused of NOT doing enough in the past.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I think Elmarko is better at certain aspects of our defense simply due to his speed....but Furphy can block shots and rebound.

We need 1 of them to get a lot better in a short amount of time. Which isn't fair or realistic. But both will benefit greatly next year from the experience this year.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:52 am

Yeah, the options are Furphy and Elmarko, both of whom are also limited defensively. Furphy is getting destroyed on defense and KU is just 3-3 in these last 6 games where Furphy's minutes have been increased to 18+ mpg or more. Hopefully, this is an example of Self sticking with a guy through taking his lumps to develop him for the tourney despite the losing impacts on games today, something that Self has been accused of NOT doing enough in the past.
i’m not sure 3-3 is more because of Furphy’s minutes, rather than conference play…aka, i doubt the result would’ve been different had Elmarko played those minutes (or NT or JM)
Last edited by KUTradition on Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:57 am I think Elmarko is better at certain aspects of our defense simply due to his speed....but Furphy can block shots and rebound.

We need 1 of them to get a lot better in a short amount of time. Which isn't fair or realistic. But both will benefit greatly next year from the experience this year.
Yeah, this roster is just limited due to how new all the players are and due to losing freaking Morris before the season started. I am glad they threw his ass out if the reports of what he did are true but that really hurt to lose what was clearly going to be the starting SG so late in the cycle that he couldn't be replaced in a year where we had already self-imposed a -1 scholarship hit.

I do believe that they have the pieces to make a deep run if the bracket breaks a bit. With Self, they always have a chance.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think Morris was clearly going to be the starting SG at all.
We have no idea how he would have done in real games in a Jayhawk uniform.
A lot of hope/confidence for a guy who shot poorly from the field and turned the ball over more than he got assists in his limited minutes at his previous gig.

Morris had two games in conference play where he scored double digits last season.
Furphy already has four and in each those four he scored more than Morris did in either of his two.
Morris had 10 three pointers in all of conference play, Furphy already has 15.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

I saw Morris more as a Remy-type off the bench spark and give guys a blow, and a sub for foul trouble