Official Didn't We Already Poke 'Em Thread

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Official Didn't We Already Poke 'Em Thread

Post by DeletedUser »

Maybe Self has been watching the TWolves play KAT and Gobert together and thinks he can try to throw some sort of system together over the summer.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:25 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:57 am "Hunter has 2,000pts in less than 4 years and still has another season left...he could score 2,700pts.....that'll be something I sell to him after the season"....

Hoping Bidunga didn't hear that.
can Flory put up 20 and 10?

if he’s too proud/entitled to play second-fiddle to a guy Self wants, then fuck him

this isn’t necessarily directed at you, but all these tears being shed over guys that puss out and don’t want to compete is getting tiring. getting recruited over is nothing new

i care more about KANSAS winning, and we seem to do a pretty good job of that with Self at the helm, and with the guys he wants

one other thing to keep in mind…we pretty much know exactly what we’re getting with HD. Flory is a prospect, nothing more. i’ll take the known, AA-level production over freshman potential all day, every day
This x100. If a young recruit is bent out of shape because a 1st Team All American joins the team, thus improving their chances of winning, then he can fuck off and go play for TCU.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

People, being people, can be unpredictable. But I think there is a qualitative difference between the Udeh/Hunter situation, as compared with the Hunter/Flory situation.

Udeh was already here, and was looking at (in his eyes) "losing" a second season (and Hunter staying for two seasons would have meant three).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

my response is exactly the same for Udeh (or Zuby for that matter)

it SHOULD be about the name on the front of the jersey…if it isn’t, fuck off
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Now that money is involved, and it's basically pro sports, I'm not at fuck off level anymore.
I used to be for sure -- like fuck off Grimes and fuck off Rafters.

But now it's kinda closer to the NFL or the NBA -- i.e. when Mitch Morse left the Chiefs - so be it - not a fan of him anymore, won't cheer for him obviously, but don't hate the dude.
Exceptions are for guys I secretly didn't like but they were on my team and then continued to be shitty on their new team - i.e. Tyreek Hill - for guys who left to play on a rival team/team I hate ( i.e. if Udeh had gone to Duke ) - or for guys who left and now make it a point to hate their previous team.

In Udeh's case, he went to TCU, a team I kinda like, and Udeh seemed like a good dude who I could cheer for. Hunter comes in and takes those big bags -- ok Udeh go do your thing.