Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:44 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:41 pm 1. If you knew the Chiefs could win by 30 if you did this would you:
B. Eat only pulled pork until the Super Bowl kickoff

This doesn't sound like a bad thing. Am I missing something?
Really?
Just pulled pork for what 9 days straight?
Nothing else. Pulled pork and water to drink.

That would make me pretty ill.
I think I could make it work just fine. A little early lunch plate of pulled pork heated up with some sauce and some diced up spicy pickles followed by a nice pulled pork sandwich in the evening? Yeah, I could do that for 9 days straight if it was my wife's pulled pork (yum). It's a couple blocks to the nearest stop sign with a lot of Ring doorbells between here and there so hard pass on being a streaker video on YouTube for the rest of my life.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm Pdub's 5 questions on a sad for me, but happy for everyone else random Thursday as if today is any different than anyday! Answer if you want but you probably won't even read this but that's OK with me!!

1. If you knew the Chiefs could win by 30 if you did this would you:
A. Strip fully nude, run to the closest stop sign right now, jump up and slap it and do the Chiefs chant?
C. Poop on your office desk and leave it there til the end of the day
D. Do none of those things and take your chances

2. Which shoes would you wear if you had to wear them for the month of February?

A.
B. Image
C. Image

3. I have this friend. Let's call her a coworker actually. She sends me these erotic pictures of her when i'm trying to sleep from 2 AM to 4 AM. Anyways, I see her at lunch and she wipes her nose with her sleeve. Right there! So later that day when she's walking by me in the hall she asks, "hey, wanna get outta here early and play hooky" and then one of her eyes closes. Clearly SICK at the OFFICE! I say, "i've got a lot of work to do, sorry" but what I really should have said was, "GO HOME if you are SICK - you clearly have no control over one of your eyes!". Anyways, should I have told her that next time she's feeling ill treated by God or Jesus or Mr Chauvin or whomever causes her to get sick she just just stay home?

4. Do you like Crimson or Blue better?

5. If you had to live as this person for 2 weeks starting now and got all their talents and knew all their thoughts but also mixed yours who would you be?

A. Travis Kelce
B. Joe Biden
C. Brad Pitt
D. Elon Musk
E. Kate Upton
F. LeBron James
KWEL! Just seeing this now...

1. B. Pork me up bitch! Then if I KNEW the Chiefs would win by 30 - I would bet 95% of my net worth on a/the alternate line.
2. B. I would wear long (too long) pants over them. Sure some red would show but I'd bee cool with that.
3. Yes.
4. Blue. Enough so that I am being 100% serious when I say I don't like the Chiefs uniforms. At all. And it has some small bearing on my not liking them as much because of it. Red/Crimson/whatever - they are in my 5 LEAST favorite NFL unis.
5. If I could use their money - D. Elon. If not, B. Joe. I would fuck around and find out.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:51 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:41 pm 1. If you knew the Chiefs could win by 30 if you did this would you:

This doesn't sound like a bad thing. Am I missing something?
Really?

I think I could make it work just fine. A little early lunch plate of pulled pork heated up with some sauce and some diced up spicy pickles followed by a nice pulled pork sandwich in the evening? Yeah, I could do that for 9 days straight if it was my wife's pulled pork (yum). It's a couple blocks to the nearest stop sign with a lot of Ring doorbells between here and there so hard pass on being a streaker video on YouTube for the rest of my life.
No. No sauce. No bread. No pickles.
Just the pork.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

that'll hose up the ole plumbing
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I assume everyone is familiar with this story...

Police have received the toxicology report from the investigation into three Kansas City men found dead outside a friend's home last month. Dr. Jeffrey Swisher joins "Elizabeth Vargas Reports" to discuss how drugs may have played a role in their death, but says it's ultimately the cold weather that killed them.

Doctor: 'Cold weather killed' Kansas City Chiefs fans
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

:evil:
pdub wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm Pdub's 5 questions on a sad for me, but happy for everyone else random Thursday as if today is any different than anyday! Answer if you want but you probably won't even read this but that's OK with me!!

1. If you knew the Chiefs could win by 30 if you did this would you:
A. Strip fully nude, run to the closest stop sign right now, jump up and slap it and do the Chiefs chant?
C. Poop on your office desk and leave it there til the end of the day
D. Do none of those things and take your chances

2. Which shoes would you wear if you had to wear them for the month of February?

A.
B. Image
C. Image

3. I have this friend. Let's call her a coworker actually. She sends me these erotic pictures of her when i'm trying to sleep from 2 AM to 4 AM. Anyways, I see her at lunch and she wipes her nose with her sleeve. Right there! So later that day when she's walking by me in the hall she asks, "hey, wanna get outta here early and play hooky" and then one of her eyes closes. Clearly SICK at the OFFICE! I say, "i've got a lot of work to do, sorry" but what I really should have said was, "GO HOME if you are SICK - you clearly have no control over one of your eyes!". Anyways, should I have told her that next time she's feeling ill treated by God or Jesus or Mr Chauvin or whomever causes her to get sick she just just stay home?

4. Do you like Crimson or Blue better?

5. If you had to live as this person for 2 weeks starting now and got all their talents and knew all their thoughts but also mixed yours who would you be?

A. Travis Kelce
B. Joe Biden
C. Brad Pitt
D. Elon Musk
E. Kate Upton
F. LeBron James
1. D. They got this.
2. A.
3. break up with her
4. BKlue
5. Joe B. Just fir access to the UFO files and to get answers on what conspiracies have merit.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:49 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:51 pm

Really?

No. No sauce. No bread. No pickles.
Just the pork.
Yeah, that changes my vote a bit. Maybe I reread this at 2am and then make a nude run for the stop sign. I think the house by that corner is unoccupied for most of winter so I can cut through their yard. And like someone else said, once I am secure that the Chiefs will win by 30+ I am placing my first legal sports bet and putting every loose dollar I can get hold of on the big win.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I work from home so i'd probably just poo on my desk.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm 7.8 miles from a stop sign. That would be one helluva ask. Just a little 16 mile run, naked, in February.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What if you could wear the shoes you picked?
Do anything for you?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:56 am I'm 7.8 miles from a stop sign. That would be one helluva ask. Just a little 16 mile run, naked, in February.
"16 miles" is a distance too large to visualize.

Would you mind restating that in numbers of times the album, (or single), version of Stairway to Heaven would play, while you're making that run, in February?

tia
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:47 am
TDub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:56 am I'm 7.8 miles from a stop sign. That would be one helluva ask. Just a little 16 mile run, naked, in February.
"16 miles" is a distance too large to visualize.

Would you mind restating that in numbers of times the album, (or single), version of Stairway to Heaven would play, while you're making that run, in February?

tia
a very rough estimate is that the single version if stairway to heaven would play 23-27 times.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:08 am What if you could wear the shoes you picked?
Do anything for you?
really gonna have to sweeten the pot more than that.

I think I'd only pass....5 houses along the route. But, a naked man running along that route has a more than 40% chance of getting shot....or at least shot at.
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. D. I would HATE a 30-point win (Boring). I am hoping for an interesting/exciting game. I don't care who wins, but I will be pulling for the Chiefs.
2. A look like the only shoes that could physically be worn AND keep my feet protected in February weather.
3. Yes. You should not have even apologized to her. Be honest. You are leading her on and then wondering why she keeps asking. Don't be a douche.
4. Blue. All my teams are blue now. Blue means first. I don't look good in either color, but I look horrid in red. Crimson looks like red which is a commy color.
5. Travis Kelce. His mom and brother seem cool. His girlfriend seems to really dig him. He is about to win a Super Bowl with his buds (and possibly MVP). He is 33 with no kids. I think his comfortableness is genuine. I would be fine being him for the next 2 weeks.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... arterbacks

There are obviously some moving pieces to sort (in recent years), but it appears that when the QB matchup is HoF versus non-HoF, the HoF guy wins something like 80% of the time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:20 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... arterbacks

There are obviously some moving pieces to sort (in recent years), but it appears that when the QB matchup is HoF versus non-HoF, the HoF guy wins something like 80% of the time.
Interesting. It will be interesting to see who of this current crop like Stafford, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, etc... make the HoF. If you assume that both Stafford and Wilson make the HoF (as well as more likely HoF guys Brady, Brees, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger and Rodgers) then the only non HoF QBs to win a Super Bowl since 2000 are Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't see how Stafford makes the cut (and honestly Wilson is in jeopardy, too). I'm not even 100% sold on Eli or Ben. And there's not even a mention of Rivers (who, lol, of course never made a Super Bowl).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Stafford should have the numbers when his career is over to make the cut currently but I think those numbers will now have to be more selectively looked at.

He should end up top 5-10 in almost every major QB category.
Passing yards. TDs. Pass completions. Games started.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Eli gets dinged for being just 1 game over .500 in his career so Stafford's career 98-107-1 record certainly wont help. Maybe he can get that up over .500 his last few years in the league as he seems to have a few more years left in the tank.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:48 pm Stafford should have the numbers when his career is over to make the cut currently but I think those numbers will now have to be more selectively looked at.

He should end up top 5-10 in almost every major QB category.
Passing yards. TDs. Pass completions. Games started.
To me, his place on the all-time rankings (which will be attributable to raw counting stats) will be attributable in large part to his era.

I don't know where exactly the line is, but ... if you were not (for example) a top-3 guy in the league over any given three-year period, I think you are probably on the outside looking in.