Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:13 am I don't see how Mahomes and the offense don't put up 21+ points. Five of their last six opponents have done it. The last opponents vs. Niners defense:

31 by the Lions
21 by the Packers
21 by the Rams
10 by the Commanders
33 by the Ravens
29 by the Cardinals

Teams seem to be able to pass against the Niners lately and the Chiefs offense is clicking and will have 2 weeks to prepare. Meanwhile the Chiefs have shown that they can stop elite run offenses so far in this playoff run. Baltimore was #1 in rush yards/game in the regular season and the Dolphins and Bills were 6th and 7th. San Fran is #2.

Meanwhile, just one of the last six Chiefs opponents has gotten to 21 or more. The Bills scored 24 and still lost. First team to scored more than 21 wins?
Interesting that Kelce says it's the best defense they will/will have faced this season.
1:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UlVashWawE
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ravens statistically were a better defense than the 9ers.
Fewer yards per game. Fewer TDs allowed. More sacks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:09 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:13 am I don't see how Mahomes and the offense don't put up 21+ points. Five of their last six opponents have done it. The last opponents vs. Niners defense:

31 by the Lions
21 by the Packers
21 by the Rams
10 by the Commanders
33 by the Ravens
29 by the Cardinals

Teams seem to be able to pass against the Niners lately and the Chiefs offense is clicking and will have 2 weeks to prepare. Meanwhile the Chiefs have shown that they can stop elite run offenses so far in this playoff run. Baltimore was #1 in rush yards/game in the regular season and the Dolphins and Bills were 6th and 7th. San Fran is #2.

Meanwhile, just one of the last six Chiefs opponents has gotten to 21 or more. The Bills scored 24 and still lost. First team to scored more than 21 wins?
Interesting that Kelce says it's the best defense they will/will have faced this season.

He also said Kittle was the b3st TE in the game. He has gone out of his way to firehouse gracious statements about the Niners this week so I don't feel his statements are accuracy based.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:23 pm Jerick McKinnon activated off IR.
I've always liked McKinnon, but had no idea how integral he's been to the Chiefs passing game: (Or, how his absence has placed that much more pressure on Pacheco.)

Chiefs running back Jerick McKinnon designated to return off injured reserve

The Kansas City Chiefs may be getting some reinforcements as they make a bid for their third Lombardi Trophy in five seasons. The club designated veteran running back Jerick McKinnon to return off injured reserve on Saturday, according to NFL Media. That means McKinnon can begin practicing with the team and possibly play in Super Bowl LVIII if he is activated onto the 53-man roster in time.

McKinnon landed on injured reserve before Week 16 and missed the remainder of the year due to a groin injury. With him sidelined, the Chiefs had leaned more on starter Isiah Pacheco in the passing game along with Clyde Edwards-Helaire and La'Mical Perine.

If he can suit up for Kansas City, it could prove to be a noticeable boost to the passing attack as McKinnon has proven to be a reliable outlet for Patrick Mahomes as a pass-catcher out of the backfield. In 12 games played this season, he caught 25 of his 32 targets for 192 yards and four touchdowns. In 2022 -- his first season with the Chiefs -- he caught a career-high 56 passes for 512 yards and nine touchdowns through 17 games.

On top of what McKinnon's potential injection into the offense can do for the Chiefs' title hopes, it'll also add a bit of spice to this matchup with the San Francisco 49ers, as he played for them back in 2020.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:13 am

31 by the Lions
21 by the Packers
21 by the Rams
10 by the Commanders
33 by the Ravens
29 by the Cardinals

He also said Kittle was the b3st TE in the game. He has gone out of his way to firehouse gracious statements about the Niners this week so I don't feel his statements are accuracy based.
What's not accurate about Kittle being the best TE in the NFL today?
I'm not saying I feel he's better than Kelce - but I'm also not saying he isn't.
What makes Kelce an all around better TE than Kittle? Other than Kelce is on the Chiefs.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kittle had the better season but they held Kelce out with intent to have him at the level he is for the playoffs.

I think Kelce is a better TE still.
I would not pick any TE over him for a playoff game.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Only thing better about Kittle is his age and has a better WR and RB to draw attention away from him. Kelce is more skilled and more clutch IMHO.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Has two better WR's to draw attention away from him.
As good as Rice has been I think Aiyuk, at this moment, is a better WR.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Both are very good.

Kelce has Mahomes. That's a big advantage.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:27 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:13 am

What's not accurate about Kittle being the best TE in the NFL today?
I'm not saying I feel he's better than Kelce - but I'm also not saying he isn't.
What makes Kelce an all around better TE than Kittle? Other than Kelce is on the Chiefs.
Kittle is a better blocker. Kelce is better at everything else. Nothing wrong with being the 2nd best active TE; I'd just take Kelce over him 10 out of 10 times.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Kittle is 4 years younger.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure.
I’d still take Kelce every time in one game today.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:42 am Sure.
I’d still take Kelce every time in one game today.
Me too.

I do wonder what we'd think of Kittle if he would have spent the majority of his career with Mahomes as his QB.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’d have similar numbers but I’d bet less. Kelce is just a better receiver and a master at reading defenses.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:19 pm Kittle is 4 years younger.
And this is the first year since 2018 that he didn't miss some games due to injury.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:01 am He’d have similar numbers but I’d bet less. Kelce is just a better receiver and a master at reading defenses.
Kelce and Mahomes see the field the same. They both understand where the defense is most likely to go and when the holes, gaps and seams in the defensive coverage should be. It's more than just practice reps that has them on the same page at this high a rate.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with being the second-best TE in the game as Kittle is today. Kittle is an excellent TE and would be great with Mahomes. Kelce is the only TE in the league I would take over Kittle although what LaPorta did at his young age is enticing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Toney redemption tour would not surprise me either. I almost wonder if the Chiefs lulled everyone to sleep.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:32 pm Toney redemption tour would not surprise me either. I almost wonder if the Chiefs lulled everyone to sleep.
As MVS proved the last 2 games, it only takes one or two plays at a big moment for the fans to forget all about all your previous failures. I will cringe if I see Toney out there and a play targeting him but I would be thrilled if he ends up making a big play that helps lead KC to a Super Bowl victory. Fingers crossed (in front of my face as I peer between them with dread).