Official Kansas vs LGSU

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Official Kansas vs LGSU

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:53 am I am tired of moribund Brigadoon basketball teams playing well against Kansas then going back to octagon slumber. Just a pisser of a season.
KSU didn't play particularly well last night. KU just played particularly poorly.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:22 am I was always one of the ones that out a high value on the conference title.

I think that is shifting. With the fucking stupid conference realignment these days, the free agents, the NIL, the salary caps, the unions.....its becoming more championship or at least final four or bust kind of environment.

and, that sucks. like everything.
i get this sentiment, i really do

to me though, that just makes regular season titles MORE impressive
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

By KState standards they played pretty well for them. Especially defensively. If they played to that level every game they wouldn't be 14-8 or whatever they are.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:42 am
TDub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:22 am I was always one of the ones that out a high value on the conference title.

I think that is shifting. With the fucking stupid conference realignment these days, the free agents, the NIL, the salary caps, the unions.....its becoming more championship or at least final four or bust kind of environment.

i get this sentiment, i really do

to me though, that just makes regular season titles MORE impressive
More impressive or "harder" to achieve, I agree.

More "meaningful"?.... I guess just not to me. It just doesn't feel the same without teams like Mizzou, and now OU and UT....then throw in adding UCF BYU Cincy and uneven schedules, and it just sort of kills it for my interest level....although I will say I am very excited about Houston being added. If Baylor can stay relevant and Houston can keep their level of performance where it's been recently then that will be a big boost.

I still care about the BIG games just as much as ever and maybe even more now ( the UK, UConn, UNC type matchups) since we get great coverage in these huge matchups each year....i just can't get into the grind of the conference season quite like it was with true round robin and even before where at least there were 2 divisions. Kansas' schedule this year is "made for TV". We get the hardest teams twice (Baylor and Houston) because those will draw the most eyes....i hope we go 4-0 in those matchups just to give them the middle finger for not only doing it this way, but stacking them up how they did.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 am

I like when KU wins. Games, conferences, tourneys, whatever. If there is a trophy to win, I'd like it to be in KU's trophy case.

well....duh
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:56 am

I like when KU wins. Games, conferences, tourneys, whatever. If there is a trophy to win, I'd like it to be in KU's trophy case.

well....duh
You'd think.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:56 am

well....duh
I get what you're saying.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The notion that you can either focus on winning a Big 12 conference title OR a national title is so fundamentally silly. We live in a world with too many "which would you rather have" quizzes on social media.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Every one of us knows damn well we want to win the big 12. Saying it's not as important now that the conference has grown and the schedules aren't balanced is some weird form of denial/grieving the fact we might not win it
Last edited by randylahey on Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 pm Everyone one of us knows damn well we want to win the big 12. Saying it's not as important now that the conference has grown and the schedules aren't balanced is some weird form of denial/grieving the fact we might not win it
I think this is correct.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I am not grieving. I actually think we'll still find a way to tie for first.

but another way I've thought about it:

To me, winning only a conference title won't justify chasing off Udeh and Zuby so that we get 1 year of HD (if we get 2 years of him then different story)....but winning a national title would justify it (for me).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

We chased away two guys that did very little for us for a guy who is averaging just under 19 points and 11 rebounds a game this season.
Gee, that's a shame.
If Self is as great of a recruiter as you like to think he is, that was a no brainer and he would worry about replacing Dickinson when the time came/comes. I mean, didn't Self land Bidunga? That's a heck of a get.
So.... You would rather have Udeh and Zuby than Dickinson and Bidunga? Not me but hey, to each their own.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I didn't want to lose udeh or zuby either. I liked them, and was high on their potential, but nobody forced them to go

"As a coach its my job to recruit someone better than you, as a player it's your job to make sure I can't"