Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:32 pm Dude. Fish. For real. You’re avoiding inconvenient facts like you’re lobster in the Covid thread.

YES, I know, the investigation was openly sought by Ukraine, in the ICJ. And rather than just end the investigation right there by taking Ukraine’s word for it that they weren’t and aren’t committing genocide, the ICJ said actually let’s examine this claim on its merits.

In other words, the ICJ is putting the Russian propaganda itself on trial!

If the ICJ finds Ukraine has not done anything genocidal, and those right-wing swastika-wearing Hitler-heiling ethno-nationalists really were just a bunch of democracy-loving choir boys all along, boy is that your chance to feed me that crauw! Just shove it right down my throat!

But, if the ICJ finds there IS some objective credibility to the Russian propaganda, and Ukraine HAS and IS doing something genocidal…well, I’d ask what then, but I know you won’t respond, just like you didn’t respond to any of the other facts that conflict with your world view.
What is it that you want me to say? That if the facts established in the investigation sought by Ukraine support a conclusion that Ukraine committed genocide, I will eat crow?

If the facts established in the investigation sought by Ukraine support a conclusion that Ukraine committed genocide, I will eat crow.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:05 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 pm When Illy calls you our for Illy-ing...
Sorry I’m so annoying, 99.

I’m just really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaallly, REALLY fucking tired of like half a dozen or so posters keep calling me a Putin parrot, instead of just like actually acknowledging the changing narratives and such.
I'm sure it's been said about 100 pages ago. This is on Putin, he rolled the tanks in, the Ukrainians are fighting for their lives and homes. Sometimes it is that black and white.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:32 pm Dude. Fish. For real. You’re avoiding inconvenient facts like you’re lobster in the Covid thread.
holy fucking irony....pot..kettle.

that's YOU, in like 16 different threads simultaneously.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 pm When Illy calls you our for Illy-ing...

I’m just really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaallly, REALLY fucking tired of like half a dozen or so posters keep calling me a Putin parrot, instead of just like actually acknowledging the changing narratives and such.
I think its way past half a dozen.

have you maybe tried.....NOT parroting putin talking points as the basis of your illegitimate arguments?
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I’m just really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaallly, REALLY fucking tired of like half a dozen or so posters keep calling me a Putin parrot
Then just shut up in ALL of these threads on topics you're only casually educated on. That'll solve your problem.

It's worked for me for the most part.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:17 pm

YES, I know, the investigation was openly sought by Ukraine, in the ICJ. And rather than just end the investigation right there by taking Ukraine’s word for it that they weren’t and aren’t committing genocide, the ICJ said actually let’s examine this claim on its merits.

In other words, the ICJ is putting the Russian propaganda itself on trial!

If the ICJ finds Ukraine has not done anything genocidal, and those right-wing swastika-wearing Hitler-heiling ethno-nationalists really were just a bunch of democracy-loving choir boys all along, boy is that your chance to feed me that crauw! Just shove it right down my throat!

But, if the ICJ finds there IS some objective credibility to the Russian propaganda, and Ukraine HAS and IS doing something genocidal…well, I’d ask what then, but I know you won’t respond, just like you didn’t respond to any of the other facts that conflict with your world view.
What is it that you want me to say? That if the facts established in the investigation sought by Ukraine support a conclusion that Ukraine committed genocide, I will eat crow?

If the facts established in the investigation sought by Ukraine support a conclusion that Ukraine committed genocide, I will eat crow.
Thanks.

Short of “crow,” just some realization that maybe this is far yuckier than anyone would like to admit (for real that appeal to the UN kinda blew up in Ukraine’s face didn’t it?!); and even more generally, just how conditioned we Americans are when it comes to war rhetoric
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 pm

I'm sure it's been said about 100 pages ago. This is on Putin, he rolled the tanks in, the Ukrainians are fighting for their lives and homes. Sometimes it is that black and white.
Welp, we’re 1 step forward and 100 pages back then.

Cuz I’m sure this his been said: that maybe geopolitical conflicts are a little more complicated than black and white.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:59 pm

Really think you could name 15 others?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:22 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:59 pm

Really think you could name 15 others?
yes. every thread on the politics board and basketball board ought to cover it.

add in your "woe as me how do I function as an adult" threads on the off topics and were probably pushing 30
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The only other thing I’ve posted all day is the “this team sucks” thread.

Lecture me about adulting all you want, but I at least know the definition of “simultaneously.” I can count to 16 too.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:36 pm The only other thing I’ve posted all day is the “this team sucks” thread.

Lecture me about adulting all you want, but I at least know the definition of “simultaneously.” I can count to 16 too.
Let

It

Fucking

Go
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh come on bro, I can get why discussing world views can be such a touchy subject, but that particular post at least was actually a pretty serviceable vocabulary joke.

Or was it an arithmetic joke?

meh, I wouldn't count on it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:21 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 pm

Welp, we’re 1 step forward and 100 pages back then.

Cuz I’m sure this his been said: that maybe geopolitical conflicts are a little more complicated than black and white.
Sometimes a tank is just a tank
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

He's probably one of those nazis.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:35 am
He's probably one of those nazis.
most definitely
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Imagine being a "super power" and losing a naval war to a country without a navy.

Ukraine has sunk yet another Russian warship in the Black Sea using boat drones. Project 775 Ropucha-I-class large landing ship Ceasar Kunikov was blown to pieces overnight February 13th using Magura V5 naval drones near the coast of Crimea. Video shows the drones inflicted heavy damage on the left side of the ship moments before it sunk. It comes just two weeks after they sunk the $70M Ivanovets missile corvette also using drones. Ukraine has managed to drive Russia’s feared Black Sea Fleet away from its shores despite not having a navy.

(I tried to hold the camera steady as the drone I was on approached the vessel, but there was too much chop on the water.)

Ukraine sinks Russia’s Ceasar Kunikov warship in the Black Sea using Magura boat drones
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:56 am Imagine being a "super power" and losing a naval war to a country without a navy.

Ukraine has sunk yet another Russian warship in the Black Sea using boat drones. Project 775 Ropucha-I-class large landing ship Ceasar Kunikov was blown to pieces overnight February 13th using Magura V5 naval drones near the coast of Crimea. Video shows the drones inflicted heavy damage on the left side of the ship moments before it sunk. It comes just two weeks after they sunk the $70M Ivanovets missile corvette also using drones. Ukraine has managed to drive Russia’s feared Black Sea Fleet away from its shores despite not having a navy.

(I tried to hold the camera steady as the drone I was on approached the vessel, but there was too much chop on the water.)

Ukraine sinks Russia’s Ceasar Kunikov warship in the Black Sea using Magura boat drones
Imagine seeing a golden opportunity to cripple and permanently sideline a once-powerful force that is up to no good, and tossing it a life jacket instead.

But enough about Senate Rs in January 2021.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i thought you might be referencing tommy “q” tubberville’s recent comments