Fire

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: Fire

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:43 pm i’m sure burger king isn’t the only one whose supply chain is linked...

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/green ... qA8HxgKRAc
Maybe people should just stop eating at fast food chains.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fast food chains ranked:

1. Chik-Fil-A
2. Whataburger
3. Wendys
4. Chipotle
5. Sonic

Honorables: Five Guys, Firehouse Subs, In N Out ( get over yourself people it's not that good ), Domino's, Popeyes
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I try to avoid FF as much as I can. That's seems to be all that close to where I work. I'll hit one of the following a couple times a month.
Popeye's
Jersey Mike's
Wendy's
Penn Station
Donato's

Drops off considerably from there. Lee's Fried Chicken is pretty good.
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Fast food restaurants should not be singled out. A boycott of fast food only makes one feel like they’ve done their part to save the rainforest.

If you want to do something to make a difference, then have fewer kids, eat less meat (regardless of the storefront) and vote for politicians that care about sustainability.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

My spidy sense says that article or its data source is a hatchet job against Burger King for the Impossible Whopper (meat-free hamburger that the most say tastes great). I think the meat producers are pissed and decided it was time to give some bad press to soy burgers.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:32 pm Fast food restaurants should not be singled out. A boycott of fast food only makes one feel like they’ve done their part to save the rainforest.

If you want to do something to make a difference, then have fewer kids, eat less meat (regardless of the storefront) and vote for politicians that care about sustainability.
Just an off the cuff shot at large chain restaurants in general, which big fat America would be wise to avoid a whole lot more. Our country is too fat and reliant on "whatever is fast and on my way from point A to point B".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm My spidy sense says that article or its data source is a hatchet job against Burger King for the Impossible Whopper (meat-free hamburger that the most say tastes great). I think the meat producers are pissed and decided it was time to give some bad press to soy burgers.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

scaffolding starting to come down. reopening slated for december

despite my feelings about religion generally, i’m glad the investment was made to repair and restore (especially using appropriate materials and methods)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not sure how this thread went from Notre Dame to fast food…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This seems both like yesterday and forever ago.