Uncle Joe

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by jfish26 »

I’m not saying I agree, but I’m sure the strategy is to keep her as something of a blank slate.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:58 pm Pence shouldn't be the standard....

"not that guy" isn't a good platform, wayyyy to much of that going on. Need to have more pride in what you ARE doing and less reliance on how shitty the other guy is/was.

Pence may not have dont much, and what he did do may not have been grand, but at least he existed. Again, not arguing for that dude, but.....sheesh, this world is....somethin...
This theme comes up for about 97.3% of VPs during their term.

Name a VP since WWII that had much impact on their president's term, other than Dick Cheney or Nancy Reagan. Biden?

Eisenhower treated Nixon like a dog, and JFK could't stand LBJ, to name only two.

VP Harris was in Germany today:

Vice President Harris speaks at the Munich Security Conference
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I mean George Sr. was visible, Al Gore was visible, Cheney wasn't good but highly visible.

I believe it's possible, but is there a pragmatic reason why Biden doesn't have Obama be his VP? then when he is 25thed Obama becomes president again for a 3rd time?
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Harris does a lot of the thankless hard work. Respect the heck out her.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:05 pm I mean George Sr. was visible, Al Gore was visible, Cheney wasn't good but highly visible.

I believe it's possible, but is there a pragmatic reason why Biden doesn't have Obama be his VP? then when he is 25thed Obama becomes president again for a 3rd time?
Then there was a guy who picked a fight with a sitcom character………
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:26 pm Harris does a lot of the thankless hard work. Respect the heck out her.
such as......?

and dammit, don't say holding up Bidens cue cards
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:10 pm I’m not saying I agree, but I’m sure the strategy is to keep her as something of a blank slate.
She's a blank something, alright.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:05 pm I mean George Sr. was visible, Al Gore was visible, Cheney wasn't good but highly visible.

Tdub, you must think Obama is a republican?

Not so much anymore, apparently, but there's this document we've used for nearly two and a half centuries, that was good enough reason why and why not, to do things:

22nd Amendment

Section 1

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:49 am

Not so much anymore, apparently, but there's this document we've used for nearly two and a half centuries, that was good enough reason why and why not, to do things:

22nd Amendment

Section 1

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
"elected"
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:11 am

22nd Amendment

Section 1

"elected"
You are correct. Obama cannot be elected President again but, as the Constitution clearly states, if he were VP and Biden were unable to complete his term then Obama would become President.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

22nd Amendment

Section 1

there's a loophole there...
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:11 am

22nd Amendment

Section 1

"elected"
You and your details!

dammit
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Shirley wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:09 pm
dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm If Joe Biden is elected and somehow doesn’t serve his full term, no need for concern as we have his VP (the border czar) to lead the U.S.A.
What's your problem with the VP? Be specific.
My issue with the VP is that she has the moniker “Border Czar” and won’t or can’t do much of anything to improve the border situation.
VP’s normally are just figure heads used for attending funerals, parades etc…
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

dolomite wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:17 am
dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm If Joe Biden is elected and somehow doesn’t serve his full term, no need for concern as we have his VP (the border czar) to lead the U.S.A.
My issue with the VP is that she has the moniker “Border Czar” and won’t or can’t do much of anything to improve the border situation.
Pubs need to make up their minds - either the President can act alone (border security) or can’t (student loans). Perhaps the best play for Dark Brandon is to tie the two and issue one Executive Order!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:06 am

Pubs need to make up their minds - either the President can act alone (border security) or can’t (student loans). Perhaps the best play for Dark Brandon is to tie the two and issue one Executive Order!
the last thing we need is more executive orders.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:03 pm

I tend to agree with this. I would agree with it in even more cases if Congress hadn’t set up its own rules in such a way as to not just enable but encourage bad-faith inaction.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

The U.S. should block all illegals from coming across the Mexican border. It’s getting beyond ridiculous, (what with the rise in murders, rapes, Fentanyl overdoses, and don’t tell me there wouldn’t be anyone at all to do the lettuce picking.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

There wouldn’t be anyone at all to pick the lettuce. And the strawberries, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes and corn.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:03 pm

I tend to agree with this. I would agree with it in even more cases if Congress hadn’t set up its own rules in such a way as to not just enable but encourage bad-faith inaction.
This man gets it.

The current Congress negotiates its bill and then refuses to pass it because of sycophantic fealty to their Cheeto God.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:53 pm There wouldn’t be anyone at all to pick the lettuce. And the strawberries, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes and corn.
God, I love this response.

"We need more poors to get me my food!"

I mean...do you even hear yourself?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto