Video Games

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Video Games

Post by KUTradition »

Bethesda is apparently working on an Indiana Jones game

yes, please (if done right/well)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:14 am Bethesda is apparently working on an Indiana Jones game

Sounds like there may be more info released at the Jan. 18th Xbox Showcase. Tentatively named "Indiana Jones and the Great Circle" which is nearly as awful as the recent "Dial of Destiny" movie title.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Playstation support is probably the worst customer support experience i've ever had.
30 minute wait, I knew my email address but not my PSID, and they said I'd need to go through the wait again and have that information ready.

When I found it before the chat was over they said, it doesn't matter, you need to do it all again.

Wut?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:05 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:14 am Bethesda is apparently working on an Indiana Jones game

Sounds like there may be more info released at the Jan. 18th Xbox Showcase. Tentatively named "Indiana Jones and the Great Circle" which is nearly as awful as the recent "Dial of Destiny" movie title.
Rather they resurrect Lara Croft…
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

didn't they already do that and call it "Uncharted"?
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:25 pm

didn't they already do that and call it "Uncharted"?
no idea

i was always a fan of the Tomb Raider franchise on PS, but have never played an Indiana Jones game
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Oops
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So first off, amazing.
Second off, fuckin Bethesda not going PS games anymore. I hate Xbox controllers.
Third, that guy doing Indy’s voice is not Harrison Ford, it’s Troy Baker a voice actor who was Joel in Last of Us. Incredible—sounds just like a young Harrison.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Will the video game carry on the tradition of Indiana Jones being dumb?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ban
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maybe Overlander means Indy is just kinda a buffoon sometimes despite knowing so much about archaeology.

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

finally started the last of us TV show. never played the game. decent so far only 3 episodes in
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports- ... g-this-may

EA Sports College Football teaser yesterday. Will be a Summer release this year. Going to lose a lot of hours playing this for sure.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It'll be madden 24 gameplay I'd imagine.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's more all of the recruiting etc... that I enjoy in the College football games. I always liked creating custom players and recruiting them so I could get myself and people I know onto my team.

And I stopped playing Madden a few years ago. There was really no point in buying the game every year as they never really did anything new from year to year.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

can you drop bags of money off now and get the players big advertisement deals at chicken stores.

yay!
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:55 am can you drop bags of money off now and get the players big advertisement deals at chicken stores.

yay!
Someone shared some details on what would be included for Kentucky-specific stuff.

https://twitter.com/EACOLLEGEFOOT/statu ... Yj-Sg&s=19

If that's the level of specifics for every school then I am excited to see some of the details for Kansas. I will also be interested to see what they do for KU's stadium considering the real one is currently a rubble pile.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:55 am can you drop bags of money off now and get the players big advertisement deals at chicken stores.

yay!
NIL has to be part of the recruiting process, right?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I've jumped back into Escape From Tarkov a bit. It's PC only, so if you are on a console you can't play it. It's hard. Like, really hard. I absolutely suck at it, but for some reason, it's incredibly fun.