Solstice 2024

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Solstice 2024

Post by japhy »

It will be June 21-22 in the Empire. Most of you know how to get there by now.

There will be more Jayhawks bringing it this year. On June 21 there will be a full moon, and muthafuckin thermite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSpbvnlDOE

John was at Saturday morning art coffee this week and confirmed he is in this year. We will have a good old fashioned book burning in the middle of town and John is gonna use hell fire. I never seen a thermite fountain up close but 5000 deg F sounds exciting.

And we gots a band. I know the bass player, I used to change her poopy diapers 25 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTdryku8he8

And as always, there will be games for the kids.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Solstice 2024

Post by defixione »

I'm in!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Tentatively in
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Unfortunately OUT.
Have to attend a BM at Fenway Park. Seriously.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You're gonna schedule a poop at Fenway?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that's what I was wondering too
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

there's a decent chance I'll be in Colorado in summer 2025. The springs, green mountain falls, over to Ouray, Paonia perhaps and maybe swinging down into New Mexico before trekking back up through Zona, Utah and Nevada.

No idea on time frame though.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:40 am You're gonna schedule a poop at Fenway?
Yes, if I am able to poop while I am at Fenway I will do as such. Maybe in the urinal.

My great-nephew.
https://www.mlb.com/redsox/ballpark/eve ... t-mitzvahs
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

OOOOhhhh, that BM.

Sorry.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TDub wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:45 am there's a decent chance I'll be in Colorado in summer 2025. The springs, green mountain falls, over to Ouray, Paonia perhaps and maybe swinging down into New Mexico before trekking back up through Zona, Utah and Nevada.

No idea on time frame though.
Solstice 2025 will be June 20-21. There are other events out there that pop up every summer. I am in the Springs a lot was well as out in the Empire. Stay in touch. I'll buy you a beer at Cerberus if nothing else.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub and Ousdahl together?

No chance that goes well.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

If they get to drinkin and fishin, they will be besties.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This year at Solstice we will have Hyeyoung Shin in attendance and she will lead a hands on workshop demonstrating the traditional Korean paper casting technique Jiho-gibeop. If you want to participate the enrollment is limited to 12 participants as she likes to interact with students one on one. You can PM me for more info. Hyeyoung also teaches figure drawing at the Anderson Ranch, but her paper casting workshops are less frequent.

You can cut to the 11:04 minute mark to see Hyeyoung's work in this national exhibit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbSJQKpv93g

She will be hanging around all weekend and will participate in the collage making event as well.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I haven't driven by this place in a few years. It is now available for rent if you wanna stay someplace different when you come out for Solstice.

https://gazette.com/life/welcome-to-the ... 25a8f.html

Gaudi? I think not.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I will be in the Empire the week of May 17-23 making preparations for Solstice. We have started hosting movie night in The Spud Lounge when I am out there. The week of May 17 we will be screening something special. If you are in the neighborhood drop by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRny1wok0Ao

FUCK YEAH!!!!