COOOOOOOOGARS

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: COOOOOOOOGARS

Post by DeletedUser »

Kj goes 5-13 with only 5rebs and gets no heat because he is a fan favorite.

DH has 12pts 6ast and takes the heat.

Fans.

Kj not being able to make the defense guard him outside of 8ft is a problem. Kj not rebounding is a problem.

Now to be clear, I am not blaming Kj, I am just pointing out the glaring inconsistency with which some of you evaluate our players and reasons for us losing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think if you zoom out, it’s a depth issue. Tired legs everywhere. And tired (metaphorical) backs.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Is it DHs fault that Furphy missed 5 open (relatively) 3s?

Is it DHs fault that Timberlake missed 5 open (relatively) 3s?

Kj is a great 3rd or 4th option. But he's at his best scoring when he's not necessarily looking to score. When he's been forced to be option #2 he has had several games with this type of fg%.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I wasn’t arguing with your criticisms at all.

I think we are seeing what can happen when you put an entire season on five guys.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Chasing off Yesufu Pettiford and Rice didn't pay off. We needed those guys much more than Elmarko Timberlake and McDowell.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:30 am Chasing off Yesufu Pettiford and Rice didn't pay off. We needed those guys much more than Elmarko Timberlake and McDowell.
History said the bets on Morris (background) and Jackson (profile) had decent odds of crapping out. And they did.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:48 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:39 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Harris wasn't the problem.
We just held an opponent to under 40% shooting for the game and lost at home in a game we led by 12 in the 2nd half. No, he wasn't THE problem. Our offense was the problem and the PG runs the offense.
12 pts on 4/9 shooting. 6 assists. Don't know what you expect from him. He had some turnovers early but was steady and tried to put us in our usual spots.

Not dajuans fault that hunter was missing free throws and everybody was missing shots
I expected him to run something resembling offense the last 6+ minutes. I expected him to hustle after the rebound that he made no attempt to get in his area late and I expected him to shoot a three down six late when he chose to run clock by giving up the ball.

Everyone on the team sucked to close that game out. A complete lack of focus and intensity.and no one made winning plays. Zero leadership to be seen from anyone in the roster.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:29 pm I don't have ESPN+, sometimes that pisses me off.

Tonight I was OK with that.
This was by far their most trash broadcast ever. I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription after that.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hard to run offense when half the guys only know a few plays. Self mentioned this in a presser yesterday or the day before.

Even harder to run offense when the other team has already seen the same action a half dozen times.

Coupled with the fact KM is a giant portion of our offense and you've got a recipe for disaster.

This team better make some noise next month and in April or this year was a total whiff by Self.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

being down 2 schollies from.a.bullshit investigation doesn't help.

adams leaving before the season didn't help

Morris being a dumbfuck didn't help

KM being hurt doesn't help

Timberlake was a swing and a miss

Elmarko needs to spend all summer in the gym, so far hes a miss

Hunter gets his stats but doesn't actually seem to impact the game all that much, except for his celebrations being super terrific. He's also fucking soft as shit.

This might be the softest team during Selfs tenure ever.

12 pt lead, at home in the second half and we lose? Thats just energy, effort and pride. It gets tough and we clam up because nobody can score. Our best scorer is a freshman who joined the team in August. (Furphy was not a whiff by Self!)
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The wiggins embiid team was pretty soft too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:29 am The wiggins embiid team was pretty soft too.
Facts.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:29 am The wiggins embiid team was pretty soft too.
yep, so was Dedrics team
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it's alllllmost like these 1 year rentals of big "stars" that only play from themselves don't lead to the toughest "teams". Gee, that's odd.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:42 am it's alllllmost like these 1 year rentals of big "stars" that only play from themselves don't lead to the toughest "teams". Gee, that's odd.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

get used to it. because every april/may we will have massive roster turnover. and every october we will be starting over.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm not going to get used to that, it's fucking stupid.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's the new normal whether you like it or not.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

doesn't mean I have to get used to it, I'll slowly lose interest until I just dont care anymore
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

They look to be on pace to be the 3rd Bill Self team in the last 4 years to fail to make it out of the first weekend of the tourney. If they do make it to the Sweet Sixteen, I will consider it a good season at this point.

I just don't think they have the depth to make it through a second game in two days. They lost both of their Big Monday games away from home and just aren't tough enough, especially without KM.