Wofford

Kansas Basketball.
jhawk73

Wofford

Post by jhawk73 »

I'd never heard of Wofford before we played them earlier in the season, but it turns out those guys are really a plus to our resume. They are 24-4 and all their losses are to teams in KenPom's top 40. They're ranked 25. Granted, the Kansas team that's playing today has little resemblance to the one that played Wofford in early December but that slaughter job still looks good on our record. Kudos to those guys and I hope they do well in the dance - unless of course they play us again!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... dson-team/
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
NewtonHawk11

Re: Wofford

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mentioned before we played them that they terrified me. Handled them easily in part because of Dok, but that team can shoot and play some sound ball.

I think they’re an at-large team regardless of whether they win conference tournament.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I don't believe they are one of the top 25 teams in the country and it's highly doubtful they make the tournament if they lose another game (or two) and don't win the Southern Tournament.
I don't think they have any out of conference quality wins. Do they?
Are they really actually better than Murray State or Belmont? How about Utah State? Is a computer going to decide that?
I feel if Wofford loses another game and doesn't win the Southern it's highly doubtful the NCAA takes them over a "big name" program such as let's say Syracuse, Louisville, N.C. State, St. Johns, etc.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

20th NET: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings
27th RPI: http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html
25th Kenpom: https://kenpom.com/
24th AP: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
25th coaches.

I think they will get in even if they don't win their tournament.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:09 pm I mentioned before we played them that they terrified me. Handled them easily in part because of Dok, but that team can shoot and play some sound ball.

I think they’re an at-large team regardless of whether they win conference tournament.
Dok played 3 minutes that game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:22 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:09 pm I mentioned before we played them that they terrified me. Handled them easily in part because of Dok, but that team can shoot and play some sound ball.

Dok played 3 minutes that game.
Oops. I completely looked at wrong boxscore. Looked at Vermont game.. Still handled them regardless. lol
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wofford won again last night:

"A victory Saturday at Samford would make Wofford the first Southern Conference team to finish the regular season unbeaten in league competition since Davidson in 2007-08. That squad featured Stephen Curry and advanced to an NCAA regional final."

And who'd they loose to?
Deleted User 183

That would be the University of Kansas Jayhawks.
Who was there and who bitched like a bitch most of the game?
While I fully expect Wofford to win on Saturday, Samford took Wofford to OT at Wofford.
Samford somehow wins and Wofford loses in the first two rounds of the Southern Tournament, I say Wofford is out.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Small schools get fucked every year...Wofford better tread carefully and take care of business.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

They are 18 in the NET. If that's playing as big a factor as the NCAA says when it comes to selecting teams, I would say they are safely in with one more loss. But only one. And even with that one, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the First Four.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:33 am They are 18 in the NET. If that's playing as big a factor as the NCAA says when it comes to selecting teams, I would say they are safely in with one more loss. But only one. And even with that one, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the First Four.
Yeah at minimum, they are a First Four team. But if they win out, they're a solid 6 or 7 seed in the tournament.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They in.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Ran the table in their conference. 18-0 regular season. Can't see how they get passed up, as high as they are in the NCAA's new NET rating, even if they bomb out in their conference tournament. Not sure I want to see us run into them again in the dance.
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
Deleted User 183

Fuck the NET rating/s.
I'll use my brain. Wofford beat NOBODY.
Who did they beat out of conference?
High Point? 16-14 Garbage.
Carver Bible College? I can find 4 guys to play with me and we can beat Carver Bible College.
Coppin State? 6-24. JUNK!
Mars Hill? What and who the fuck is Mars Hill?
South Carolina? Sub .500 and are most likely not going to make the tournament.
Kentucky Christian? Our woman's team could beat Kentucky Christian.
Coastal Carolina? That's a 14-14 team.
UNC Asheville? That's a solid 4-26 squad.
NOBODY!!!!!!
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Gutter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm Fuck the NET rating/s.
Carver Bible College? I can find 4 guys to play with me and we can beat Carver Bible College.
Kentucky Christian? Our snatch hoop team could beat Kentucky Christian.
NOBODY!!!!!!
Rambling of a psychopath.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I mean. He does have some logical points in there
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gutter, you should edit and apologize.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Gutter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm Fuck the NET rating/s.
Kentucky Christian? Our snatch hoop team could beat Kentucky Christian.
NOBODY!!!!!!
A lot of your points are valid. Others have said the same things in print. But bottom line is that nobody who matters gives a shit what you think. The selection committee is going to be using NET as one of their parameters and that's all that really matters.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:54 pm I mean. He does have some logical points in there
I didn't think he did until I looked at their schedule. That wasn't cherry-picking bad teams, that was all their non-con wins. Something is seriously wrong with NET. Rewarding them for their garbage non-con schedule, other than the teams that beat them, would be a travesty.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:57 pm Gutter, you should edit and apologize.
For?
Just Ledoux it