Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:03 am
TDub wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:01 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:53 am In my opinion, the fact that we have executed people who were later proven to be innocent means we should not be in the business of executing anyone at all.
I get this, and partially agree with it. There are some people, however, that absolutely do not deserve to breath the air we breath and eat the food that others can eat.
Agree 100%. But I tend to take a "better for ten guilty men to go free than one innocent man be punished at the hands of the state" view, and so I really don't have any tolerance for the state executing any innocent people.
I tend to agree. But, I listen to podcasts sometimes at work that deal with history and all sorts of random topics. Sometimes they drag out the worst of the worst, serial killers and rapists and sadist etc....hearing what some of these people do and have done....make my skin crawl. Allowing them to live would be almost criminal.

These are people with 0 chance at rehabilitation, people who are proud of what they do. Makes me so very disturbed and they are worthy of nothing other than death.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:03 am
TDub wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:01 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:53 am In my opinion, the fact that we have executed people who were later proven to be innocent means we should not be in the business of executing anyone at all.
I get this, and partially agree with it. There are some people, however, that absolutely do not deserve to breath the air we breath and eat the food that others can eat.
Agree 100%. But I tend to take a "better for ten guilty men to go free than one innocent man be punished at the hands of the state" view, and so I really don't have any tolerance for the state executing any innocent people.
Agreed
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Leave it to the GOP to respond to the mid term disaster that resulted from their attack on abortion by doubling down to go after IVF. Super smart.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:41 pm Leave it to the GOP to respond to the mid term disaster that resulted from their attack on abortion by doubling down to go after IVF. Super smart.
...only to simultaneously trip over their own dicks by changing course and loudly supporting IVF - despite the recent receipts (bill sponsors and votes) to the contrary.

This is sort of a manifestation of "can't keep your story straight."

The fundamental problem for the Rs, of course, is that getting to the post-2016-election landscape (effective control of all three branches) absolutely required anti-abortion votes and money.

What those votes and money bought, of course, was Dobbs.

And Dobbs might have then killed the party for a generation.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Wait, does mean that my sperm are NOT going to be deported?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:51 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:41 pm Leave it to the GOP to respond to the mid term disaster that resulted from their attack on abortion by doubling down to go after IVF. Super smart.
...only to simultaneously trip over their own dicks by changing course and loudly supporting IVF - despite the recent receipts (bill sponsors and votes) to the contrary.

This is sort of a manifestation of "can't keep your story straight."

The fundamental problem for the Rs, of course, is that getting to the post-2016-election landscape (effective control of all three branches) absolutely required anti-abortion votes and money.

What those votes and money bought, of course, was Dobbs.

And Dobbs might have then killed the party for a generation.
Another helpful illustration.

Trump, Republican candidates express support for IVF in face of political backlash

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/
Friday’s expressions of support for IVF from Republicans came after the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the national group tasked with electing Republicans to the Senate, urged its candidates on the ballot this year to support IVF and reject government restrictions, citing the procedure’s popularity.

“When responding to the Alabama Supreme Court ruling, it is imperative that our candidates align with the public’s overwhelming support for IVF and fertility treatments,” NRSC Executive Director Jason Thielman wrote in a memo to “Senate Candidates” dated Friday and obtained by The Washington Post.
They're in goddamn knots; they're the mutt* that caught the car. But this guy said it better:
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee spokesman David Bergstein said in a statement Friday, “The fact that the NRSC had to tell their candidates how unpopular their own agenda opposing women’s reproductive freedom is speaks for itself.”
* Purposefully-used.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Does this mean that any pregnant woman world wide needs to be considered to be carrying a US citizen and open them up to utilizing resources available to US citizens to support that unborn child since if that child is born on US soil it would be a US citizen?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The anchor baby exclusion has yet to be written and enacted. Alabama? Maybe Missouri?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

France first country to make abortion a constitutional right