IPAs

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: IPAs

Post by pdub »

If a restaurant/bar only had Blue Moon or Heineken i'd just order water.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:02 am If a restaurant/bar only had Blue Moon or Heineken i'd just order water.
^^^

This might be your best post, ever! (It's a low bar.)

Blue Moon is a Coors product, and there's no way I'd buy anything from those KKK fascists*. And that's not to mention it's a Belgian knockoff, which is another huge strike against it.

Heineken never misses an opportunity to disappoint. It has sucked since it was nearly the only imported beer available in Kansas nearly half a century ago. Every time I ordered one, thinking it must be me because it was exotic, it affirmed my prior low opinion.

*I know they sold the co., but my grudges run deep, and can be timeless...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Beck's used to be in my top 5 list but it dropped off in like 2012-13 when they stopped brewing in Germany.

I also used to love Bitburger, Radaberger and Paulaner - and you can still find those here in spots.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

there's nothing better than a cold buckskin when you've got a thirst.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:35 am
pdub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:02 am If a restaurant/bar only had Blue Moon or Heineken i'd just order water.
^^^

Blue Moon is a Coors product, and there's no way I'd buy anything from those KKK fascists*. And that's not to mention it's a Belgian knockoff, which is another huge strike against it.

Heineken never misses an opportunity to disappoint. It has sucked since it was nearly the only imported beer available in Kansas nearly half a century ago. Every time I ordered one, thinking it must be me because it was exotic, it affirmed my prior low opinion.

Reminds me of high school, when we'd buy cases of [Bud Ice] or whatever was cheapest, but start with something nicer/better: Rolling Rock.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11 am
^^^

Reminds me of high school, when we'd buy cases of [Bud Ice] or whatever was cheapest, but start with something nicer/better: Rolling Rock.
I used to really like Rolling Rock, haven't had one in years.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I tried to drink a rolling rock once. I couldn't finish it.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:14 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11 am

^^^

I used to really like Rolling Rock, haven't had one in years.
We used to drink Rolling Rocks back when I lived on the East Coast. They were at the "nicer" end of the beer spectrum we could afford at the time. Haven't had one in decades.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I can choke down a Blue Moon but yeah, I'd just have water as well. I'll take a Heineken to be polite if I am a guest at someone's home, but I'll figure out a way not to actually drink it. Just nasty.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Before I was of drinkin age (18 for beer in Kansas at the time), we used to get Little Kings by the case. Little 7oz bottles you could slam all in one gulp.
Defense. Rebounds.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Most beers in Green Bottles suck in the United States simply due to how they are stored.

I'm on the IPAs are gross side of the fight. If I wanted to drink something that tasted like weed, I'd just smoke a joint (more likely eat an edible, only smoked once in last 5 years...with TDub's favorite poster to hate).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol, I don’t remember much about that night
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:11 am Before I was of drinkin age (18 for beer in Kansas at the time), we used to get Little Kings by the case. Little 7oz bottles you could slam all in one gulp.
I remember those. I found the word "Cream Ale" off-putting.

Our equivalent pre-18 y/o beer was the 6 pack of 8oz cans of Colt 45 Malt Liquor, or Schlitz Malt Liquor. I think it had everything to do with it being smaller and easier to conceal, and nothing to do with the taste.

Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Rolling Rock served over pancakes seems right for its sugary feel. I loved Killians when first offered (81 in Kansas?). I think Coors bought it immediately though. Or it was branded to fool us. St Pauli Dark was available in Kansas too back then. But the boat was slow getting it there. Could be a skunk fest stale beer
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:51 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:11 am Before I was of drinkin age (18 for beer in Kansas at the time), we used to get Little Kings by the case. Little 7oz bottles you could slam all in one gulp.
I remember those. I found the word "Cream Ale" off-putting.

Our equivalent pre-18 y/o beer was the 6 pack of 8oz cans of Colt 45 Malt Liquor, or Schlitz Malt Liquor. I think it had everything to do with it being smaller and easier to conceal, and nothing to do with the taste.

I like cream ales

also, if you're goin malt liquor...nothing beats Olde English. I drank gallons and gallons of that gut rot.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mickey’s was always my go-to…the little squat bottles with the wide mouth
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:16 pm mickey’s was always my go-to…the little squat bottles with the wide mouth
They went down so fast too
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it