More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Post by ousdahl »

(...here or the OFFICIAL LET OUSDAHL PICK YOU A NEW AVATAR THREAD thread?)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Holy shit.
God spoke to her.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren- ... tch-2024-3

I'm happy she confirmed God is a man. I wonder what God feels about her wanting/needing to skip a campaign event to see if her ex threw her shit in a pond https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren- ... mendations

and how God feels about her son the criminal https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren- ... ign-2024-2.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:40 am Holy shit.
God spoke to her.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren- ... tch-2024-3

I'm happy she confirmed God is a man. I wonder what God feels about her wanting/needing to skip a campaign event to see if her ex threw her shit in a pond https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren- ... mendations

and how God feels about her son the criminal https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren- ... ign-2024-2.
If God really spoke to Lauren Boebert about pressing through her trashy behavior then I'll chalk that up as another reason why I feel no need to be religious.

If God really didn't speak to Lauren Boebert about pressing through her trashy behavior and she just throws that out there as cover for her desire to seek power when she's barely competent enough to manage an Arby's then I'll chalk that up as another reason why I feel no need to be religious.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

People that feel the need to outwardly prove to others they're religious are obnoxious.

People that feel the need to outwardly prove to others they're not religious are also obnoxious.

Life is hard. If some people find comfort in religion I feel no internal desire to belittle them about it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:02 am People that feel the need to outwardly prove to others they're religious are obnoxious.

People that feel the need to outwardly prove to others they're not religious are also obnoxious.

Life is hard. If some people find comfort in religion I feel no internal desire to belittle them about it.
Nothing about Lauren Boebert's comment was about her "finding comfort in religion". If she said she found comfort in her religion while wrestling with her decision would be nothing to belittle. Normal people lean on their faith to help them through all sorts of difficult things in their lives. Good for them.

"But I talked to God, I asked, 'How do I address this? Will this be perceived that I'm not fighting?' And God said, 'Do you have more faith in your ability to fight or my ability to open a door?'" Boebert continued.

Claiming that she had a conversation with God about the difficulty of switching congressional districts, including made up statements about God's responses to her questions, is fundamentally absurd and is nothing but lame performance art.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't find the need to be the religion police of other people.

Who cares?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:23 am I don't find the need to be the religion police of other people.

Who cares?
Me.

Because the Christo-Fascists won't stop trying to cram their comforting delusions down our throats.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:35 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:23 am I don't find the need to be the religion police of other people.

Who cares?
Me.

Because the Christo-Fascists won't stop trying to cram their comforting delusions down our throats.
Religious people who try to cram their own personal religious beliefs down others throats are obnoxious.

So, I feel you there.

I don't pay any attention to Lauren Boebert so I don't know what her intentions are.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Who cares?
People who are concerned about politicians pushing to make religion the basis of our legislation that all of us have to live with.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:58 am

Who cares?
People who are concerned about politicians pushing to make religion the basis of our legislation that all of us have to live with.
From what I have read, she was just talking about her discussion with god about switching congressional districts.

I agree, I don't think religion should be a/the basis of legislation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thinking about starting reverse mission trips

Let’s go to Utah and go door to door teaching Mormons the joys of sinning.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how do you make sure the Mormon doesn’t drink all your beer and smoke all your weed?

invite two
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:37 pm how do you make sure the Mormon doesn’t drink all your beer and smoke all your weed?

invite two
I admit, I laughed.

Hard.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:35 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:37 pm how do you make sure the Mormon doesn’t drink all your beer and smoke all your weed?

invite two
I admit, I laughed.

Hard.
^^^
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:52 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:35 pm

invite two
I admit, I laughed.

Hard.
^^^
My heathen niece and nephew who live in Utah, enjoyed it too.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

invite two
LOL
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

that "He Gets Us" campaign...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Apparently they’re in hot water. They spent shitloads of money on Super Bowl ads, rather than spending money to like feed poor people or shelter the homeless or something He might actually get.

They also spend shitloads of money on anti-LGBTQ+ and anti-abortion type shit.

They also apparently use all sorts of tracking software or whatever to target vulnerable people with mental health issues, etc., at least according to Reddit, from which He Gets Us just got suspended.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Those wacky church "leaders" are at it again.

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/04/16/intern ... s-closure/
Defense. Rebounds.