No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by KUTradition »

i might visit the state once more in my life, just so the wife can see the redwoods, Yosemite, and the Pacific coast

no desire to ever live there, so much so that i’ve turned down job offers
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Redwoods and Yosemite are awesome. Beyond that, same, 0 desire to really be there ever again.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:55 am California, land of restrictions. Its everybody coming for choices, everybody wants more governmental control. It's all bullshit, needs to stop.
Pregnant women and their physicians in Texas would like a word with you.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

califirnia is a beautiful place to visit.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

California seems to restrict bad choices pretty well. They have a better quality of life than red states, Fewer people taking dead guys to ATMs.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:34 am
TDub wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:55 am California, land of restrictions. Its everybody coming for choices, everybody wants more governmental control. It's all bullshit, needs to stop.
Pregnant women and their physicians in Texas would like a word with you.
I never said I agree with any of that either, quite the opposite in fact. It's possible to oppose both, and I do.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Those darn illegals are always chasing me.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:23 am Probably among the reasons I own a gun?

A father in Lake Oswego is accused of drugging three girls during a sleepover in August 2023.
I don't think I'd need a gun. What a douchebag.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Why are you opposed to following laws? There’s a reason we have speed limits.

Having said that, I think it’s a pretty stupid law to take on. Driving 35 mph in a 25 mph zone is a lot more dangerous than driving 75 mph in a 65 mph zone. So, the car has to actively monitor current speed limits? Also, driving 65 mph in a 65 mph zone when it’s raining heavily is more dangerous than exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph!

Every state has its share of stupid laws introduced. Faux News just happens to pick on California and ignores the lawmakers in red states on days that end in a y.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:33 am

Having said that, I think it’s a pretty stupid law to take on. Driving 35 mph in a 25 mph zone is a lot more dangerous than driving 75 mph in a 65 mph zone. So, the car has to actively monitor current speed limits? Also, driving 65 mph in a 65 mph zone when it’s raining heavily is more dangerous than exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph!

Every state has its share of stupid laws introduced. Faux News just happens to pick on California and ignores the lawmakers in red states on days that end in a y.
if you dont see the problem I can't help you and have no interest in arguing further.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I think you misunderstood my post. I’m agreeing with you that this particular initiative is misguided. My only quibble is with characterizing stupid laws as uniquely Californian.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:08 pm I think you misunderstood my post. I’m agreeing with you that this particular initiative is misguided. My only quibble is with characterizing stupid laws as uniquely Californian.
because oh so often they seem to be, over governance isnt unique to the south...California often tries to be the "first" in these weird types of laws. Cutting edge of stupidity. Too many people there with too much time abd money thinking up crazy trying to get in the history books.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:33 am
LOL
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

U.S. finally issues a total ban on asbestos.

Cue the BUT MAH RIGHTS crowd to post pics of themselves like using asbestos and consuming asbestos and snuggling with asbestos and hosting asbestos exposure parties
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

How will we brake from 75mph in a 65 mph zone?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:09 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:08 pm I think you misunderstood my post. I’m agreeing with you that this particular initiative is misguided. My only quibble is with characterizing stupid laws as uniquely Californian.
because oh so often they seem to be, over governance isnt unique to the south...California often tries to be the "first" in these weird types of laws. Cutting edge of stupidity. Too many people there with too much time abd money thinking up crazy trying to get in the history books.
Don't take it personally zsn, rumors are that TDub will cease being a pissy little bitch about...everything once the NCAA cancels their NIL gambit and goes back to allowing only amateurs to play college sports.

So, in other words, it shouldn't be long.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:00 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:09 pm
Don't take it personally zsn, rumors are that TDub will cease being a pissy little bitch about...everything once the NCAA cancels their NIL gambit and goes back to allowing only amateurs to play college sports.

So, in other words, it shouldn't be long.
rumors are unfounded

I will continue to bitch and moan all the way into this world turning into the place it is...this is why I don't talk to many people and should move into the hills and not interact with society
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas