NCAA Tournament 2024

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:40 pm watching this play-in game, Colorado State blowing out Virginia

UVA only 14 points in the first half and still hasn't scored...nm they just did! 16 points at the 16 minute mark!
bUt MuH tOnY bEnnEtT iS bEtTeR tHaN HCBS!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So, for tomorrow night, Hunter absolutely has to stay out of foul trouble.
Just stand up straight like a bored Landen Lucas style.

I think Bill should play zone.
Samford is going to run run run and just jack 3's.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He played 15 minutes at Houston (going 0-4 before limping off not to return) after having played four games since the start of February.

That does not, for me, rise to the level of “well he played vs Houston so clearly he’s just making a business decision now.”

And to think what people would say if he HADN’T tried to play at Houston.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He played 2 weeks ago for 30 minutes and scored 19 vs ksu.
On paper ksu is better ( and has a much better defense ) than Samford.
I bet he could put up 19 vs Samford as well.

At least try to go out there the day of and see what you can do on the court.
Maybe adrenaline pushes you through the game.

He's concerned the bruise could lead to a further injury - something like a fracture that might cause him to miss the combine. The combine is in the general timeframe of a healed bone bruise.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

For the record, I have no problem w/Kevin or this decision. It sucks, but...well...it sucked when Joel and Dok got hurt too.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dude couldn't hit a layup after the injury, he was slow on defense. He gets the benefit of the doubt from 99. Hope he heals and has a successful career.

Meanwhile, this tournament isn't going to be fun.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

What Brian thinks:

In attribution theory, we're offered a look at how someone might attach meaning to the behavior of others... To presume an accurate understanding of another's motive is a broad declaration of our own shallow thinking and has little relevance in regard to the other's motive.

Brian Dickerson
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley might want to go through some posts on the polibored and see if Dickerson's thinking could apply to a number of his/her posts then.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:56 am Shirley might want to go through some posts on the polibored and see if Dickerson's thinking could apply to a number of his/her posts then.
tHaT's DiFfErEnT!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You mean like…the pronouns thread?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't think it's completely a business decision, but it's definitely part of it. And that's fair. The NBA draft is a big deal.

If it was just an injury issue there is no reason to say you're out for more than the first game.

I'm not mad at Kevin.

.....but you'd have to chop Frank Mason's leg off for him to miss his final year NCAA tournament and last chance at a natty. The doctors would have had to stop him from playing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well said, illy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm not mad at Kevin.
He just lost some of my respect.
Like Illy just said, there's guys that would play through it, and I respect them more.

Not that it matters in any way shape or form ( that is, until he reads these boreds today -- he's going to be heartbroken, maybe enough to change his mind ).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It was mentioned but kinda wonder if this is indicative of Kevin being more than anything mentally soft.

The DNP equivalent of him chasing down the ref to bellyache about a whistle again.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:05 am
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:56 am Shirley might want to go through some posts on the polibored and see if Dickerson's thinking could apply to a number of his/her posts then.
tHaT's DiFfErEnT!
^^^

DC's right, I don't question the character and run Jayhawks who've played their hearts out for KU into the ground on the Politics forum.

We're all disappointed, but...
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

None of us know if the conversation with the physicians went along the lines of “well, you could try to play and maybe you’ll do fine. However, remember that there’s a non-zero chance that you might injure yourself to the extent that you’ll be able to walk fine for the rest of your life but not be able to run”.

Cf. Archie Marshall.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

HCBS has gotten soft. so it's no surprise his players have also.

que sera sera
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 am None of us know if the conversation with the physicians went along the lines of “well, you could try to play and maybe you’ll do fine. However, remember that there’s a non-zero chance that you might injure yourself to the extent that you’ll be able to walk fine for the rest of your life but not be able to run”.

Cf. Archie Marshall.
I'm not mad at Kevin, it's frustrating, but that's on me I guess

also this is (as fsr as we know with the given information) a bone bruise without risk of further structural damage, its a pain issue. This isn't Archie.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:11 am I don't think it's completely a business decision, but it's definitely part of it. And that's fair. The NBA draft is a big deal.

If it was just an injury issue there is no reason to say you're out for more than the first game.

I'm not mad at Kevin.

.....but you'd have to chop Frank Mason's leg off for him to miss his final year NCAA tournament and last chance at a natty. The doctors would have had to stop him from playing.
This ignores the fact that he's had the problem for nearly 2 months, resting it hasn't made it any better, and continuing to aggravate, i.e., injure it, can make it worse.

Does anyone know which of the 3 types of bone bruise Kevin has?

Bone bruises are classified into three types based on where they occur on the bone:

Subperiosteal hematoma: Caused by an impact on the periosteum, a thin tissue on the top of the bone that allows blood to pool beneath it. It is the most painful type of bone bruise.

Interosseous bruising: Caused by repeated, compressive impact to the area, resulting in bone marrow damage. Athletes commonly experience this type of bone bruising on the knees and elbows.

Subchondral bruise: Occurs when the cartilage and bone separate, resulting in cartilage bleeding.

A bone bruise can be thought of as little tiny cracks in the bone that, like a bruise in your muscle, allow blood and fluid to leak out and collect. The vast, vast majority of bone bruises heal with nothing more than rest and time.

On a weight-bearing joint like the knee, repeated trauma, impact-jumping and landing, delays the healing by keeping the tiny cracks in the bone open and leaking. In addition to rest, healing those tiny cracks requires adequate blood flow to get the nutrients there. Repeated impact compresses those vessels and in rare cases can cause lack of sufficient blood flow, (known as avascular necrosis), and the bone dies and/or a fracture results.
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Can you now make the last sentence or two of illy's post bolder?