Satellite Question

You Love It.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Satellite Question

Post by pdub »

Under/over KJ dunks 2nd half is set to 2.5.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:45 am I tried to say no, just let us drive, but they wouldn’t allow it. If BUD wasn’t there I woulda said ok I’m leaving and drove myself.

We have a fine HSA account but it still should be way way better and things should be way way cheaper so that people don’t turn down help because it’s so ridiculously overpriced.
Tricky ambulance company charged my insurance company 3,100 for a 50 minute ride.
Called my insurance company in late December and they said, to my surprise, we paid them, you are covered. Was pretty stunned but considering how much I paid to my deductible and overages, I figured I got fortunate in an unfortunate situation.

Got a bill from them not soon after they said they paid but my insurance company said to ignore it. They had paid.

Today I get a FINAL WARNING notice saying I still owed over 2,200 and that it was going to collections. Called them up, spoke with the president, and he was pretty much an asshole telling me that I was wrong and that I owed them money.

Called insurance company once again. Thankfully the state of Maine has taken a look at this problem ( thanks government ) and passed something last year ( whew ) that bans balance billing -- which protects huge bills from out of network costs ( which is basically ALL ambulance services ). They ( ambulance services ) retail their costs to a ridiculous fucking degree and now our state has determined a more reasonable cost of operations ( which dropped the cost to 950 - still fucking pricey for 50 minutes ) and that's the amount the insurance companies pay into. They paid 80% of that. I'm on the books for 20%.

Called guy back. Said I was wrong. Told him I had read up on the law. The insurance agent told me the law. Said everything was by the books. Said we're putting your bill into collection anyways.

Some people fucking blow to eternity.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sounds like the basis of a lawsuit.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My insurance rep, who was lovely, said that if I find out that they actually put that bill into collections, it is indeed illegal, and that I should contact them so their lawyers can handle it.

Health insurance are the good guys?!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I bet that ambulance company owner has some tow trucks on the side.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fuckin' A they do.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The ambulance co. was counting on you rolling over and paying the $2,200 out of fear of being turned over to collections. This kind of shit goes on all the time. They count on you being an older, passive, boomer who will do anything to avoid having that mark on your record, and paying up.

Fuck them. Glad you stood up for yourself.

"Health insurance are the good guys?!"

Can you post that in English, I can't make out what it says.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas