Refs

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Refs

Post by pdub »

Not a bad idea if you want refs to call it more often.
The other side of the coin? You’ll have more dudes holding if there’s any risk of a sack…rather a five yard penalty than your QB hit, loss of at least five yards and maybe a fumble opportunity for the defense.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

plus injury risk
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3aatKNruDy ... hjNzVpMWN5

LOL

The Chiefs have officially made it to dynasty mode when the conspiracy theories take over.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I went pretty quickly through 3 quarters and found 4 holds the officials missed on the 9ers posted in this thread.
I have yet to go through quarter 4 and OT.

There was one really bad one the refs did miss against the Chiefs though that they keep using for evidence.
It absolutely should have been called a hold.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... ot-uproar/#

‘15 kids got screwed’: Winning basket waved off in N.J. state semifinal

The organizing body for New Jersey’s high school basketball tournaments apologized for an officiating “error” that cost a boys’ team a last-second win in the state semifinals. That team is now trying to overturn a result that New Jersey’s governor described as “crushing.”

Controversy erupted Tuesday in Bayville, N.J., after Manasquan appeared to score on a putback to pull ahead of Camden by one with no time left on the clock. As Manasquan’s players and fans rushed around in jubilant celebration of what they believed was an upset win, officials conferred at midcourt and eventually decided the basket did not count.

Suddenly Camden was the team coming away with a dramatic, one-point victory and a berth in the state final. With video of the sequence appearing to show the ball left the Manasquan shooter’s hand before the clock ran out, his coach was left to fume that “15 kids got screwed.”

“Print that. Print it five times. Those three guys huddled up,” Manasquan Coach Andrew Bilodeau said (via shoresportsnetwork.com) of the officiating crew, “and they screwed these kids in front of 1,000 people, and that video will be on the internet for everyone to see.”…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The JoJo White OOBs call was a screw job. This was meh. You hate to win or lose on a put back. The physicality and contact in BB today has left me cold. I am sure you could watch that game and see a dozen blown calls. If any city deserves a break though, it is Camden.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

wait....you think basketball today...is too physical and has too much contact?
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:06 pm wait....you think basketball today...is too physical and has too much contact?
The problem goes back to the Huggy strategy. The Marquette game this year really wrecked my enthusiasm.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:35 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:06 pm wait....you think basketball today...is too physical and has too much contact?
The problem goes back to the Huggy strategy. The Marquette game this year really wrecked my enthusiasm.
I think today's game abounds with nit picky calls and they don't allow enough contact.

But, it's your story tell it however ya want.

I will admit the constant fouling as a strategy is dumb.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

egregious no call on Furphy’s 3
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ahem…
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well yes bad call but just one minute prior their guy went to the line without being touched as well.

https://www.kansascrimson.com/samford-nothing/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Revisiting what a bad call.
I’d be pissed.

But why ( as a fan of the Chiefs and KU ) did we have to waste our holy shit terrible call on a 1st round game v a 13?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:04 am Well yes bad call but just one minute prior their guy went to the line without being touched as well.

https://www.kansascrimson.com/samford-nothing/
Yeah, it looked like the Samford player was out of control and kicked his legs and his foot slightly touched Dickinson and they called the foul. Definitely should not have been called, I agree.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 am Revisiting what a bad call.
I’d be pissed.

But why ( as a fan of the Chiefs and KU ) did we have to waste our holy shit terrible call on a 1st round game v a 13?

Without it we maybe not playing the 5 is the most obvious answer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure.
But maybe it’s just me ( it’s not ) but I don’t see a Final Four here…much less a title.

Why couldn’t we have gotten a call like Nova got in 16 but for us instead ( that game that late ).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 am Sure.
But maybe it’s just me ( it’s not ) but I don’t see a Final Four here…much less a title.

Why couldn’t we have gotten a call like Nova got in 16 but for us instead ( that game that late ).
We may still, you never know.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am going to block this thread from behind after being beaten by playing bad defense.