It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by twocoach »

Just want to see some fight and a lot less unforced turnovers. KU needs to be the more aggressive team today. Do that and they have a great chance.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

under 15 turnovers and we should have a decent chance, presuming we shoot a decent percentage

under 10 and we win, i think
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

we match-up well with Zags, assuming they don't go 8-10 to start the game and we don't have bone headed lapses. We have a shot.

The concerning thing to me is that we seem to have 5-8 minhtr spans where we just are awful, turnovers, terrible shots, bad defense...just entire team dissapears for stretches. We're at the point in the year where those are season ending stretches.

The other obvious flaw is our inability to hold any lead against any team. It's infuriating. We can play great and build a lead and none of it matters if we can't hold it.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

reppin on the slopes this mornin.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I've been a big defender of Juan, but those bad stretches I refer to....I put a lot of that on him. Senior point guard has got to take control and keep those missteps from spiraling into full blown collapse.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:38 am we match-up well with Zags, assuming they don't go 8-10 to start the game and we don't have bone headed lapses. We have a shot.

The concerning thing to me is that we seem to have 5-8 minhtr spans where we just are awful, turnovers, terrible shots, bad defense...just entire team dissapears for stretches. We're at the point in the year where those are season ending stretches.

The other obvious flaw is our inability to hold any lead against any team. It's infuriating. We can play great and build a lead and none of it matters if we can't hold it.
i think there’s a direct linkage between your second two paragraphs

unfortunately, i think those are stretches where we’ve had to sub…so, i don’t think they’re going to magically disappear. we can only hope to their impact at this point. quite frankly, Elmarko has to play better just to be able spell minutes for the starting guards. otherwise it sure seems like fatigue will become a factor
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:44 am
TDub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:38 am we match-up well with Zags, assuming they don't go 8-10 to start the game and we don't have bone headed lapses. We have a shot.

i think there’s a direct linkage between your second two paragraphs

unfortunately, i think those are stretches where we’ve had to sub…so, i don’t think they’re going to magically disappear. we can only hope to their impact at this point. quite frankly, Elmarko has to play better just to be able spell minutes for the starting guards. otherwise it sure seems like fatigue will become a factor
yea, I agree with all of that. I'm just hoping adrenaline and momentum (if we can build any) gets us through.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we are either going to win. or we are going to lose. no other options.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The finest analyst in the Wolverine state ladies and Gentlemen.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Espn says 41% chance of KU in the sweet 16, 3.2% chance of a final four, 0.2% of a title.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sure, but we were still favorites, and should have won
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Just noticed the women are playing at the same time.

A big middle finger from the NCAA.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sucks…i kinda wanted to watch iowa
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am still a little stiff and sore from watching the game late Friday. I am not sure if I will be able to complain about the officiating with the same vigor.

I especially want to thank the NCAA for moving its HQs out of Kansas City and lying about the reasons while launching a many-year campaign to make KU championships difficult slogs while cashing the checks the Phog Allen legacy has helped pump up. (Warming up slowly)
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Mass street buzzing 2 hours out
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KU Women are playing Michigan on espn news. Down 1 early
Defense. Rebounds.