Official Jayhawks Roman Collar the Bulldogs

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Official Jayhawks Roman Collar the Bulldogs

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:05 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:43 pm Gonzaga in a crap league is able to pretty much play for post-season. Not a bad strategy looking at the phalanx of tough games in the Big 12 this year. Have to be really deep to escape alive. This team was buried alive.
The Big 12 wasn't as good as it has been this year. This year, KU didn't have a single time where they played back to back games against ranked Big 12 teams in conference play. 2020 was the only other season since 2013 where that happened.

KU just didn't have enough good shooters, or for that matter, enough good players this year to overcome the McCullar injury.
I feel like a very big part of the Big 12’s reputation as the best league in the country assumes that Kansas is 1- or 2-seed quality.

And that is usually a safe assumption.

Usually.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:47 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:05 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:43 pm Gonzaga in a crap league is able to pretty much play for post-season. Not a bad strategy looking at the phalanx of tough games in the Big 12 this year. Have to be really deep to escape alive. This team was buried alive.
The Big 12 wasn't as good as it has been this year. This year, KU didn't have a single time where they played back to back games against ranked Big 12 teams in conference play. 2020 was the only other season since 2013 where that happened.

KU just didn't have enough good shooters, or for that matter, enough good players this year to overcome the McCullar injury.
I feel like a very big part of the Big 12’s reputation as the best league in the country assumes that Kansas is 1- or 2-seed quality.

And that is usually a safe assumption.

Usually.
The "average seed per tourney team" is interesting to me. This year was pretty solid with Houston, ISU, Baylor and Kansas all getting Top 4 seeds. Adding in a 1 and a 6 new this year in Houston and BYU dropped our average from what it would have been without them. Next year, we'll drop Texas' 7 seed and add Arizona's 2 seed and Colorado's 10 seed.

Number of ncaa tourney teams/avg. seed:
2024: 8 teams, avg. seed: 4.75
2023: 7 teams, avg. seed: 4.2957
2022: 6 teams, avg. seed: 5.1667
2021: 7 teams, avg. seed: 4.00
2019: 6 teams, avg. seed: 5.8333
2018: 7 teams, avg. seed: 6.2857
2017: 6 teams, avg. seed: 5.6667
2016: 7 teams, avg. seed: 4.1429
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:52 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:33 am Two questions I am sincerely interested in reading your responses to.
1. Why do you feel Few is a douche bag?
2. I intentionally use words such as I think, I feel, I believe, and probably, because it's my opinion of things I (capital I) can't prove as being factual. I happen to THINK/FEEL/BELIEVE Self is a better coach than Few but I am not 100% sure of it.
I respectfully disagree that "they are in totally different weight classes when it comes to coaching".
There are a lot of facets of being a college coach. I happen to THINK/FEEL/BELIEVE when everything is all said and done in regards to ALL the facets, Self is the better coach but I don't THINK/FEEL/BELIEVE they are "in a totally different weight class".
We can toss out yesterday because KU wasn't playing at full strength but let's talk about 2020.
Few had an outstanding team. Timme, Suggs, Kispert, were great college players. Nembhard was pretty good too. Self had a pretty damn good roster too. Few's team won. So..... Looking at ALL things considered INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO that head to head matchup, I am curious, what makes you think Self and Few are in a totally different weight class when it comes to coaching?
1. Too many to list, but a good starting point is his DUI video.

2. I "know" Self and Few are in different weight classes. There isn't much thinking needed to determine that. Self is in the elite of elite weight class when it comes to college coaching. Few is not. Few coaches at a mid major. Few has won zero national titles.

There are only 6 people with more national titles than Bill Self.

They aren't in the same weight class.

Few is in the Scott Drew weight class. They are much more comparable.
"Too many to list" Approximately what number is "too many" to you?
This (see video link below) makes him a douche bag to you. Ok. I'm not really sure why, but you provided one example of something. Thank you! If I cared more than I should, I might ask you to please give me 2 more things but it's ok. You provided 1. Again, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHPzRpgmNw8

A reason why you say Few isn't in the same class as Self is because he coaches at a Mid Major. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but.....
If I am not mistaken, I think with his mid major team/s, Few is 2-1 against Self all time. Hmmmm.

Side note that I bet most people on here don't know (or care about ;) ) . Self and Few were born on the same date. 12/27/62
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:07 pm "Too many to list" Approximately what number is "too many" to you?
More than 1. Approximately.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

That video makes Few look like an a-hole to me.

How many fucking times do you have to be told to keep your hands out of your pockets?

But, when you are THAT fucking drunk, I guess some things just don’t make sense.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:00 pm That video makes Few look like an a-hole to me.

How many fucking times do you have to be told to keep your hands out of your pockets?

But, when you are THAT fucking drunk, I guess some things just don’t make sense.
And when you're THAT fucking rich, hire a goddamn driver.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yeah, Hayden Lake to Spokane is a pretty short, rural drive.

Or, just hear me out…sleep it off and get up in the morning.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:57 pm
Or, just hear me out…sleep it off and get up in the morning.
True.