Meh

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Meh

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:22 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:44 pm Yeah, maybe it is.

Think I’ve said it, but you gotta figure “undersized center cosplaying as non-shooter tweener forward” would prob be a reserve in any other era.

But you also gotta figure “rail-thin non-shooter but non-slasher either veteran PG who’s still prone to bonehead freshman-looking moments anyway” is, again, in any other era prob a reserve.

So I guess it’s a matter of deciding which non-shooter is the lesser of the non-shooter evils.
I don't think Kj is a center. He's pretty much a non shooting PF to me.
Yeah, I dunno exactly what traditional position KJ fits best. In the era of positionless basketball, maybe that’s part of his appeal.

Maybe I’m just calling him an undersized center precisely because he can’t shoot, rather than calling him a non shooting PF.

And, as has been mentioned, a dood like KJ being a poor rebounder is prob even more concerning than being a poor shooter.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KJs problem is even in position less basketball, he somehow doesn't have a position. Because he can't shoot
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Offensively KJ fits best as a center, because he can't shoot, his skill set is setting picks and rolling to the basket

Defensively, KJ is too small to play center

So if you play to his strengths on one end of the floor, your putting yourself in a bad position on the other end
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:24 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:47 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:38 pm

there’s a reason numerous “experts” called them the best starting 5 in the country, despite the apparent need of messageboard “fan” experts to trash them
I mean, we were absolutely dominant on both ends in ‘07-‘08, starting Robinson and Kaun. As much as I detest Harris, Harris/Adams are better in combination than those two.
But are they really?

Robinson and Kaun both got NBA looks. Kj and DH won't.
I think KJ will. Dejuan certainly will not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I could see KJ sniffing the league if he shows up next year with a bright shiny new jump shot.

But I can’t stress to you how big an “if” that is.