Top 3 in your city

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Top 3 in your city

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:23 pm Uh oh.
Now Illy can determine where you live.
Yeah, I've thought about that (and others) - but in the past I have mentioned things/places around me where I live on here.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:07 pm Is Gutter doing a robot test? Thought I was on google
I think my whole life may be a robot test and at times I can't help but wonder if I am in the Gutter Show (think Truman Show).
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 am Popeye's chicken sammich >>>>>>> Chick fil a
There is where you MAY get an argument from me. As I said before, I have gotten good and bad Chick fil A sammies. I have only had 2 Popeyes sammies but one was pretty darn good and the other one sucked camel balls.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:52 am Chick fil A.

Not good. Had a spicy chicken sammich. Dry, over cooked, thin little sad excuse for a chicken breast. Plus it didn't taste good. Not sure what the fuss is aboot.
Two possibilities, not mutually exclusive:

1. An atheist chicken made it thru their culling process

2. You didn't believe strongly enough that the sandwich would taste good.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Finally made it to Pizzaria Lola for lunch today. Great stuff.
Daughter and I split their special app. Toasted baguette slices with mashed peas, mint, more fresh peas, pea tendrils and burratta. The star of the meal.

She had the Korean BBQ pizza, I had the Xerxes. Both were great. Definitely going back.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:02 pm Finally made it to Pizzaria Lola for lunch today. Great stuff.
Daughter and I split their special app. Toasted baguette slices with mashed peas, mint, more fresh peas, pea tendrils and burratta. The star of the meal.

She had the Korean BBQ pizza, I had the Xerxes. Both were great. Definitely going back.
SPECIAL: PEAS & BURRATA
toasted baguette, basil mint pesto, english peas, burrata, pea shoots

KOREAN BBQ
beef short ribs, mozzarella, scallion, arugula, soy-chili vinaigrette, sesame

XERXES
sautéed spinach, sheep's milk feta, mozzarella, kalamata olive, almond

**** When you bring Gutter next time you go back there - he will order......

MEATBALLS
italian red sauce, parmesan, crostini

MARINARA PIZZA
plum tomato sauce, garlic, sicilian oregano, olive oil
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:02 pm Finally made it to Pizzaria Lola for lunch today. Great stuff.

That place is great. I like the Lady Zaza pizza.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not a fan. But I also don't really like that style of pizza anyway.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’m contemplating driving up to Minneapolis tomorrow to see Target Field/catch a game (maybe both tomorrow night and Thursday). Minneapolis seems pretty cheap hotel wise. I’ll scour this thread for minneapolis foods.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:19 am I’m contemplating driving up to Minneapolis tomorrow to see Target Field/catch a game (maybe both tomorrow night and Thursday). Minneapolis seems pretty cheap hotel wise. I’ll scour this thread for minneapolis foods.
If this is relevant to you, hotels in the North Loop (or Warehouse District) are going to be the closest from a walking standpoint. If seafood is your jam (and particularly if you end up where I'm suggesting), then Smack Shack is my recommendation.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LOL at a place in Minneapolis having the "best lobster rolls in the country".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I am not endorsing that claim!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:24 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:19 am I’m contemplating driving up to Minneapolis tomorrow to see Target Field/catch a game (maybe both tomorrow night and Thursday). Minneapolis seems pretty cheap hotel wise. I’ll scour this thread for minneapolis foods.
If this is relevant to you, hotels in the North Loop (or Warehouse District) are going to be the closest from a walking standpoint. If seafood is your jam (and particularly if you end up where I'm suggesting), then Smack Shack is my recommendation.
nice. thank you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There may also be great AirBnB/VRBO options. A whole lot of condo-owning professionals now take off for the cabin for much of the summer.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

yeah, i don't generally stay at airbnb's/etc anymore. People that own those have ruined entire housing markets.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Fair enough. I can't stand 'em, for other reasons.

But just pointing out that Minneapolis is weird during the summers; if you were going on a weekend, I would guess prices downtown would be flatlined.

Everyone bolts after happy hour on Thursday (recs: Brit's or The Local) or, at the latest, lunch Friday.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

basic hotel is $120 with tax. dirt cheap
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in minnesota i would skip the lobster rolls and go for the whitefish. or walleye. or perch.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"