2024 CBB Offseason

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: 2024 CBB Offseason

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:13 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:02 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:19 pm We should've played him. Could have had a dramatically different season

Illinois played terrance shannon
Illinois was forced to let him back on the team.
Yep. By a Federal Judge. And I feel it opened up a big can of worms going forward.
I have very mixed feelings about both Shannon and Morris and how their situations were decided and handled.
Eh I mean. It's how the law works in this country. What if either of them are genuinely innocent? Makes sense for them to be able to play unless proven guilty
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:37 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:13 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:02 pm

Illinois was forced to let him back on the team.
Yep. By a Federal Judge. And I feel it opened up a big can of worms going forward.
I have very mixed feelings about both Shannon and Morris and how their situations were decided and handled.
Eh I mean. It's how the law works in this country. What if either of them are genuinely innocent? Makes sense for them to be able to play unless proven guilty
Exactly.

But..... It doesn't make sense to let them play if they are genuinely guilty.

So..... What is a coach and what is a University LEGALLY supposed to do?
Suspend a player, expel a student, or let them play - until they are found guilty or innocent in a court of law?
Or, does a Coach and a University have the LEGAL right to do as they please without worrying about possible/potential LEGAL repercussions?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It feels like the right thing to do is let due process play out?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:52 pm It feels like the right thing to do is let due process play out?
It depends what it is.

We didn't put him in jail, we kicked him off a basketball team. He was free to go anywhere he wanted. Nobody else wanted him either.

Being on a basketball team is a privilege, not a right.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:56 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:52 pm It feels like the right thing to do is let due process play out?
It depends what it is.

We didn't put him in jail, we kicked him off a basketball team. He was free to go anywhere he wanted. Nobody else wanted him either.

Seems a Federal Judge may have begged to differ?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:09 pm
It depends what it is.

I thought Illinois could have kept him off the team, but they could have gotten sued for it?

I do not see any way a federal judge can force Brad Underwood to play a player 35mpg. Sit him on the bench.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:09 pm

It depends what it is.

I thought Illinois could have kept him off the team, but they could have gotten sued for it?

I do not see any way a federal judge can force Brad Underwood to play a player 35mpg. Sit him on the bench.
The entire situation is too confusing for me - unless I felt a need to get input from all parties involved. That seems all but impossible to me.
Makes me that much happier they didn't win a National Championship.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mark Mitchell to missouri.....lol

Baylor picks up both Roach and Aidoo
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Looks like roach to baylor is official

https://twitter.com/CBKReport/status/17 ... C_cwg&s=19
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

1.5 mil? I’m losing interest sadly in this now-pro-developmental league where guys take the money but then won’t play in March if they think it’ll affect their next contract.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hoopla wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:56 pm 1.5 mil? I’m losing interest sadly in this now-pro-developmental league where guys take the money but then won’t play in March if they think it’ll affect their next contract.
I mean, if only there had been some sort of signs, or indication of how this might play out...

(not directed at you, just general frustration with it all)
Just Ledoux it
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:45 pm
hoopla wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:56 pm 1.5 mil? I’m losing interest sadly in this now-pro-developmental league where guys take the money but then won’t play in March if they think it’ll affect their next contract.
I mean, if only there had been some sort of signs, or indication of how this might play out...

oh no, i'm with you, the frustration is both at the train wreck itself but also the past few years of watching it all happen in slo-mo and not being able to do anything to change the inevitable. this isn't going in a direction that i like, and unlike others, i have very little optimism that things will work themselves out in any way that represents an improvement in my eyes.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:05 pm Looks like roach to baylor is official

I mean, it's whatever, but Dickinson's tweet to Roach was kind of dumb because I'm not sure Bill and staff were even interested, but now that Roach signed with a conference rival it's full-on embarrassing.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

embarrassing to who?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:46 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:05 pm Looks like roach to baylor is official

I mean, it's whatever, but Dickinson's tweet to Roach was kind of dumb because I'm not sure Bill and staff were even interested, but now that Roach signed with a conference rival it's full-on embarrassing.
Huh? All that I saw that he did was just what hundreds of other KU fans did and posted a "He should be a Jayhawk" themed meme. He probably put about 2 seconds of effort into it. It's a complete nothing burger, not "embarrassing" at all. For all I know, they are old friends from HS/AAU days.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

hoopla wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:30 am

oh no, i'm with you, the frustration is both at the train wreck itself but also the past few years of watching it all happen in slo-mo and not being able to do anything to change the inevitable. this isn't going in a direction that i like, and unlike others, i have very little optimism that things will work themselves out in any way that represents an improvement in my eyes.
I think the 'fix' is go all in on professionalism with just the right amount of separation from the schools ( somehow you will have to maintain the brand ) with a central entity separate from the NCAA. This will make for a super league of teams centered on youth but will allow for more structure -- and not be tied to the same sort of state/federal funding associated with universities.

That's the way you prevent this chaos. But it's also just full murdering the remaining parts of what made amateur athletics unique and attractive.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I also have very little hope for improvement. I've said it before, but, I'm not sure you can put toothpaste back in the tube.
Just Ledoux it
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:09 am

I think the 'fix' is go all in on professionalism with just the right amount of separation from the schools ( somehow you will have to maintain the brand ) with a central entity separate from the NCAA. This will make for a super league of teams centered on youth but will allow for more structure -- and not be tied to the same sort of state/federal funding associated with universities.

That's the way you prevent this chaos. But it's also just full murdering the remaining parts of what made amateur athletics unique and attractive.
we still have this facade of academic eligibility, which doesn't pass the laugh test. is he a 5-th year junior who RS and transferred so gets another semester... why is that even a relevant factor anymore, makes no sense. soon it'll be 30-year olds men and the 18-y.o. undeveloped kids finding their way to AAU. if we want to win, let's go sign TRob for another season, we surely can pay more than Indonesia.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:50 am embarrassing to who?
Dajuan
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

aj storr went to 5 high schools. and is on college #3. how would you like to try and decipher his transcripts.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"