Calapari to Arkansas?

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Calapari to Arkansas?

Post by pdub »

It IS in Texas though so i'd give it a pretty good shot at being exactly what you're after when going for Tex Mex.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:29 am
Overlander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:07 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 am

I mean, just the fact that they are considering him is a victory lap. But Kentucky might go with someone else, or he might choose not to
3 different options for telling us all you called it first.
High level work there.
You have to remember, everything is directed at being able to say you were right in hindsight.
Not at all. I never made a single prediction here. But half this board did their whole "Scott drew sucks" thing just to fuck with me.

And now Kentucky, maybe the one blue blood wed say is fairly equal with kansas in tradition and success, has Scott drew on their short list of candidates. So obviously it is another thing I could claim
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Might as well take em to taco Tuesday at the Winter Park pub.

Also, Scott Drew sucks the mild salsa off his fingers.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:58 pm It IS in Texas though so i'd give it a pretty good shot at being exactly what you're after when going for Tex Mex.
Tortas look promising but flour tortillas for enchiladas? Pass.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the baylor bears have been our #1 conf nemesis for sometime now. that might explain why the malcontents are sour on scott drew.

is he a good “fit” for khintuckey. I don’t know. I don’t want to lose a top coach to the sec.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

scott drew is what, 2-18 in winning the conference, the only time he won it outright was when he and his team got to play to empty arenas and didn't even play the full conference schedule.

Meanwhile Bill Self is what 17-3?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:52 pm scott drew is what, 2-18 in winning the conference, the only time he won it outright was when he and his team got to play to empty arenas and didn't even play the full conference schedule.

Just do the last 5 years? How do they look head to head? Within conference play, and on the ncaa tournament

Last 20 factors self taking over a blue blood fresh of a national championship appearance, and Scott drew taking over a bottom feeder coming off a in program murder scenario
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You do the last 5 years.
I'll do the years where both coaches have been in the Big 12.
Bill Self wins the Big 12 85% of the time.
Scott Drew? 5 percent.

85 is better than 5.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:17 pm Reed and Dillingham are very likely gone.
Reeves and Mitchell are seniors - dunno anything about COVID years for them.
DJ Wagner and Justin Edwards could be too.
Bradshaw is transferring.
Knox decommitted.

So that would leave Adou Theiro as your best returning player with 7 PPG.
And then 5 top 100 recruits who, once they heard the Scott Drew news, might bounce too.
unless i’m mistaken, adou was the first portal entry
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well shit.
That'll leave no one.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:17 pm This is not accidental.

https://x.com/budrew/status/17781052495 ... PzNG4aOfKQ

UK is either gonna go with Beard (and pray), or make a run at Underwood, or make a dumb splash hire. They will not debase themselves with Pope, even though they probably should.
i bet drew eats mild salsa
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:40 pm chris beard to kintucky would be perfect. he’s got billy clyde written all over him.

yes please.
day late and a dollar short
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:45 pm Scott Drew totally asks for mild salsa tho.
lol

exclusively
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:40 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:29 am
Overlander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:07 am

3 different options for telling us all you called it first.
High level work there.
You have to remember, everything is directed at being able to say you were right in hindsight.
Not at all. I never made a single prediction here. But half this board did their whole "Scott drew sucks" thing just to fuck with me.

And now Kentucky, maybe the one blue blood wed say is fairly equal with kansas in tradition and success, has Scott drew on their short list of candidates. So obviously it is another thing I could claim
you’re quite the piece of work

your folks must be so proud
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:09 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:52 pm scott drew is what, 2-18 in winning the conference, the only time he won it outright was when he and his team got to play to empty arenas and didn't even play the full conference schedule.

Just do the last 5 years? How do they look head to head? Within conference play, and on the ncaa tournament

Last 20 factors self taking over a blue blood fresh of a national championship appearance, and Scott drew taking over a bottom feeder coming off a in program murder scenario
randi cherry-picking statistics?

nah…
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm far from a worshipper at Bill's feet.

But what separates him from even his elite peers is his ability to course-correct in major, sea-change-type ways.

Just stylistically, we're on, what, the transition from the third to the fourth different period within the Bill era, all of which have included elite teams? There was the High-Low Period, the Alpha Guard Period and the Wings for Days Period.

I'm curious to see whether Drew has this ability, or whether it's going to be somewhat Roi- or Boeheim-ish.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Anyone shocked that randy loves him some Scott Drew and UK?
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:12 pm You do the last 5 years.
I'll do the years where both coaches have been in the Big 12.
Bill Self wins the Big 12 85% of the time.
Scott Drew? 5 percent.

85 is better than 5.
Surely you're willing to accept they took over completely different situations? Like polar opposites? When bill self took over kansas, they returned multiple starters from a final 4 team, and he had multiple incoming Mcdonald all American recruited by roy. He was taking over the bluest of bluebloods.

Scott drew was taking over a historically terrible program coming over a murder scandal.

And yet he's elevated baylor to be on par with kansas over the past half decade
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Without Scott drew, Baylor could potentially fall back into irrelevance. Without self, kansas is still kansas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so you’re giving drew, what, a 15 year buffer?

lmao

are you forgetting what happened to unc and uk when they missed on their hires?

(they didn’t just keep trucking along because they are blue bloods)
Last edited by KUTradition on Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.