Uncle Joe

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by ousdahl »

2-party electoral politics is a helluva drug.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:09 pm I realize there's a lot of corruption within both parties, like any rational person

A few of you (you know who you are) seem to think only one party is the problem and the other party is the solution. And that's the most brainwashed shit I've ever seen
Nobody here thinks that.

And needing a false story in order to make a point shows the weakness of the point.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:34 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:09 pm I realize there's a lot of corruption within both parties, like any rational person

A few of you (you know who you are) seem to think only one party is the problem and the other party is the solution. And that's the most brainwashed shit I've ever seen
Nobody here thinks that.

And needing a false story in order to make a point shows the weakness of the point.
Your reluctance to specifically address the Clinton Foundation crimes undercuts your statement.

One word: herbenghaziemails
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:32 am 2-party electoral politics is a helluva drug.
hey look at that. a singular thing we can agree on
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm not sure what old uncle is going to hang his hat on. what he is going to champion to make his case.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:19 am i'm not sure what old uncle is going to hang his hat on. what he is going to champion to make his case.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

More making up fake narratives and then finger wagging at others for your "believing" your made up narrative. Maybe you just suck at drawing conclusions from what others write. Or maybe you're just overly dramatic to try to make your argument seem less absurd.

Asd we all know, there is no one solution just as there is no one problem. We get to choose to vote for one of two or three people in most elections. Those people either have policies, platforms and stances that drive our country in a direction I would like to see it headed or they do not. Overall, I feel that the GOP and the politicians they roll out there have many more policies that intend to drive the nation in a direction I do not want to see this nation go than the politicians I am given to choose from for the Dem Party. DO I support every stance that any politician has? No, of course not. That would be very statistically improbable to have occur.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:03 pm One party is dramatically more corrupt and has sold out than the other.

If telling yourself it is the Dems helps you sleep, that is on you.
That's insane. They are crazy levels of corruption in both parties
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:49 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:03 pm One party is dramatically more corrupt and has sold out than the other.

Any level of corruption is "crazy" in the context of discussing them individually on a message board. But the GOP has built corruption into their base model because they know that on their merits alone, they would not win enough federal elections to remain relevant nationally. Their messaging of core principles requires an unprecedented level of corruption.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:57 am
But the GOP has built corruption into their base model because they know that on their merits alone, they would not win enough federal elections to remain relevant nationally. Their messaging of core principles requires an unprecedented level of corruption.
It's so wild to me that some of you truly beleive this about one party but not the other, when they are competing against eachother

It's like when KU/Adidas were getting investigated. Did you beleive only KU/Adidas were illegally funneling money to recruits, and the other schools/apparel companies were innocent?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Don’t drag my Alma Mater into your sticky mess!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:49 am

Since this tickles your taint: you are right.

What you are grossly wrong, about, however, is in bothsidesly suggesting those levels are within even remotely comparable ranges.

They are not.

Let me help: it would be crazy to give a person in crisis making violent threats access to a revolver. It would be crazy to give that person access to an assault rifle with a high-capacity magazine and a bump stock.

Both of those things are crazy, we would (?) all agree. But they are not the same level of crazy!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lulz
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:32 am 2-party electoral politics is a helluva drug.
hey look at that. a singular thing we can agree on
Oh cool!

I’d ask to reconcile agreeing with this broader issue in general with disagreeing on the individual issues that come from this issue, but I dunno if that’s worthwhile
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There are not two parties. There are shades of many parties and a group of damned nuts with red hats.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:23 pm There are not two parties. There are shades of many parties and a group of damned nuts with red hats.
oh yea? what's it say on your ballot? We must have different ballots. Because in the elections I've been alive for I'm fairly certain there's only ever been 2 legitimate options....although Ross Perot gave it a good go.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Ranked-choice voting now, please.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I suppose this is another good time to once again bring up that whole “Dems fund far-right candidates” sort of issue?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... primaries/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:21 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:57 am
But the GOP has built corruption into their base model because they know that on their merits alone, they would not win enough federal elections to remain relevant nationally. Their messaging of core principles requires an unprecedented level of corruption.
It's so wild to me that some of you truly beleive this about one party but not the other, when they are competing against eachother

It's like when KU/Adidas were getting investigated. Did you beleive only KU/Adidas were illegally funneling money to recruits, and the other schools/apparel companies were innocent?
Nice to see that you completely ignored my post.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:50 pm I suppose this is another good time to once again bring up that whole “Dems fund far-right candidates” sort of issue?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... primaries/
And?

When one of your opponent has insane ideas, the best thing you can do is shine a light on them to make sure everyone knows how crazy they are. The more of a spotlight there is on just how ridiculous some of the people and ideas being put forth by the looniest end of the GOP spectrum, the better.