Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 am Jesus Christ, I hadn't focused on that arrant bullshit. So the plan would be to turn part of Gaza into some sort of Williamsburg-on-the-sea-cum-Neom?
When you say it that way, you make it sound so tawdry.

It would be really upscale and beautiful. There will be a "trump prime" restaurant serving those famous legendary trump steaks. There would be exclusive boutiques where you could buy the latest trump family designed jewelry, footwear, bibles and NFTs. There would also be the best fast food outlets in the world for those nights when you don't feel like eating a well well done steak smothered in delicious trump ketchup. This will be where you go when Neom is too common for you. Devin Nunes will be the CEO/Fall Guy for this as well as DJT.

And speaking of Neom, The Line is getting a sister resort/spa mega project built nearby that is in schematic development. If you live in KC you might get a glimpse of the mockup for this complex in the near future.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

rehabilitating a $#!thole into a non-$#!thole, would be a problem. how?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have been talking to a developer recently with this in mind.

His idea is to burn every city/town in Michigan to the ground and remove the current inhabitants. With some real thought given to amenities and optimizing recreational opportunities it could become a place that wealthy Californians would flock to in the summer.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:03 pm I have been talking to a developer recently with this in mind.

His idea is to burn every city/town in Michigan to the ground and remove the current inhabitants. With some real thought given to amenities and optimizing recreational opportunities it could become a place that wealthy Californians would flock to in the summer.
No no no, burning is counterproductive, you silly.

What you do is, you offer compulsory relocation from Mackinac Island to vacant apartments/commercial sites in Detroit. Lots of those to pick from! Then you sell Mackinac Island to The Walt Disney Company for its fair market value (of $1.00, of course, there are no folks there anymore, so it's gonna be a BIG lift), maybe with some tax bennies if Disney drives a hard bargain.

And then DISNEY takes on all of the RISK of redeveloping Mackinac Island into a world-class tourist destination/elite enclave. I mean, sure, it would get all of the profit. But public-private-partnerships are all about properly balancing risk and reward, and as you can see it is DISNEY that's putting its neck out there on this one.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

But is Detroit part of Michigan? Really?
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 pm But is Detroit part of Michigan? Really?
Detroit is prolly the only part of Michigan worth keeping.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the rampant anti-semitism at these college protests is fucking sad, but also quite telling
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

college kids don't know phucque about $#!t.

they are just doing this so they don't have to go to class.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

takes one to know one, i guess
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:09 am the rampant anti-semitism at these college protests is fucking sad, but also quite telling
Yup, very infuriating.

Which makes comparing these protests to those against the Viet Nam war particularly offensive. But then I consider the overwhelming naïveté of the source, and feel largely meh.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 am college kids don't know phucque about $#!t.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

To be fair, not going to class was a lot of the best parts about college.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I doubt these protests will go on forever like others in recent memory. Protesters will either get bored, decide to get on with their life, decide they need a fresh change of clothes, or if the non-students stop getting paid by George Soros they just quit. A good hard rain would be good right about now.
A thought about Gaza, what if Israel says to Hamas, we will pull out of Gaza if you just release all the hostages and promise not to attack Israel anymore. The innocent Palestinians along with Hamas/Iran) could then rebuild and
move back in to their “residences”.

The above is probably just a pipedream.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 am college kids don't know phucque about $#!t.

College kids always seem to find something to protest. It seems to be more about showing others that they are passionate about things than the actual things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 pm I doubt these protests will go on forever like others in recent memory. Protesters will either get bored, decide to get on with their life, decide they need a fresh change of clothes, or if the non-students stop getting paid by George Soros they just quit. A good hard rain would be good right about now.
A thought about Gaza, what if Israel says to Hamas, we will pull out of Gaza if you just release all the hostages and promise not to attack Israel anymore. The innocent Palestinians along with Hamas/Iran) could then rebuild and
move back in to their “residences”.

The above is probably just a pipedream.
I am sure that both sides have made countless promises not to attack the others at some point. I just feel bad for the regular citizens who find themselves stuck in these regional forever wars.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

LOL at John Fetterman when he said regarding the protesters, it doesn’t do any good living in a pup for Hamas. I love that guy😀.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan