Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

except he’s actually still in the race, right?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:49 am except he’s actually still in the race, right?
Maybe?

I am seeing he dropped out March 6th.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Could be seeing this through anti-orange glasses, but I think Biden will get a hell of a lot more of that 6.8% than Trump will get of Haley’s 16.5%.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:04 am Could be seeing this through anti-orange glasses, but I think Biden will get a hell of a lot more of that 6.8% than Trump will get of Haley’s 16.5%.
^^^

I'll go out on a limb and predict voters in swing states might see this video once or twice between now and November:

Nikki Haley Voters: Trump doesn't want your vote.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Because this pathological liar feels compelled to lie even about things that don't really matter to anyone but their fragile ego.
Former President Donald Trump is a famed exaggerator of the size of his crowds. For years, he has lied about how many supporters attended his presidential inauguration and numerous campaign rallies.

Now he’s pushing a wildly inaccurate claim about how many supporters have attempted to show up at his first criminal trial – and he’s making additional false claims about security measures around the Manhattan courthouse, which he is baselessly blaming for keeping these supposed supporters away.

After The New York Times published a story that said Trump was unhappy with the meager crowd he saw when he arrived at the courthouse for opening statements on Monday, Trump posted on social media on Tuesday to deny the story, denigrate a Times reporter and make this claim: “Thousands of people were turned away from the Courthouse in Lower Manhattan by steel stanchions and police, literally blocks from the tiny side door from where I enter and leave. It is an armed camp to keep people away.”

Trump also wrote on social media on Monday that “Lower Manhattan surrounding the Courthouse, where I am heading now, is completely CLOSED DOWN.” And he told reporters inside the courthouse on Tuesday: “For blocks you can’t get near this courthouse.”

Facts First: Trump’s claims are all false. The police have not turned away “thousands of people” from the courthouse during his trial; only a handful of Trump supporters have shown up to demonstrate near the building. And while there are various security measures in place in the area, including some street closures enforced by police officers and barricades, it’s not true that “for blocks you can’t get near this courthouse.” In reality, the designated protest zone for the trial is at a park directly across the street from the courthouse – and, in addition, people are permitted to drive right up to the front of the courthouse and walk into the building, which remains open to the public. If people show up early enough in the morning, they can even get into the trial courtroom itself or the overflow room that shows near-live video of the proceedings.

CNN journalists reporting from the courthouse area have seen a smattering of visibly pro-Trump demonstrators present in the designated protest zone at Collect Pond Park across from the building, but nowhere even close to “thousands.” There were well under 100 visible Trump supporters gathered there at the outset of the trial in mid-April, and there have often been three or fewer there on subsequent days.

Trump may have been suggesting that thousands would have been present if not for repressive security measures. But that’s nonsense. Trump supporters are free to walk into not only the protest zone but also the courthouse itself, though they, like everyone else, have to observe decorum rules if they go inside.

Police have prohibited public access to some of the streets and sidewalks near the courthouse during the approximate hours that court is in session, and there are additional blockages during the brief periods of heightened security when Trump’s motorcade is arriving and departing for the day.

But aside from those coming-and-going periods, there is nothing close to a complete closure of the area. In fact, the cars of members of the public can regularly be seen traveling right in front of the courthouse in CNN’s live television coverage from the scene during court hours.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

S Dakota Gov Kristi Noem has a book coming out wherein she describes having to kill a puppy they were raising for eating their chickens.

Man's Best Friend
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

she’s also been banned from most/all the reservation land in her state

https://nebraskaexaminer.com/briefs/thi ... servations.

she’s trash…perfect kinda woman for trump
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm she’s also been banned from most/all the reservation land in her state

https://nebraskaexaminer.com/briefs/thi ... servations.

she’s trash…perfect kinda woman for trump
Yeah, I saw where the different tribes had done that.

Why aren't/didn't we hear more about her infidelity? I have a feeling we will if Trump goes for her as VP.

Just another holier than though, hypocritical Republican Christo-Fascist phony who's only too eager to force her views on everyone else, all the while being the slut she really is.

Ooops, wrong hypocrite
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Tim Miller reacts to a new ad by President Biden highlighting former president Donald Trump's false promises through a powerful endorsement!

Trump's BROKEN PROMISES Spotlighted in BRUTAL New Ad from Joe Biden
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

infidelity is not a reason to not vote for somebody. not for me.

what do I care.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm infidelity is not a reason to not vote for somebody. not for me.

what do I care.
Because unfaithful, selfish, evil, impulse-driven violent creatures should be leaders of evangelical Christians?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As good a place as any.

As you might recall, this guy is the editor-in-chief of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who wrote (under his own byline), "The north star here is truth. We tell the truth, even when it offends some of the people who pay us for information. The truth is that Donald Trump undermined faith in our elections in his false bid to retain the presidency. He sparked an insurrection intended to overthrow our government and keep himself in power. No president in our history has done worse."

An interview with a newsroom leader who speaks the truth about Donald Trump

https://presswatchers.org/2024/04/an-in ... ald-trump/
People hesitate to [even bring up Hitler's rise-to-power analogy]. They hesitate to do it, because the minute you do it you get blasted by people saying: “Once you resort to Hitler, you’ve lost the argument.” “Donald Trump hasn’t killed millions of people. How do you compare it?”

But you know, I spent most of my life wondering how a country could go down the path Germany went down. It just seemed unfathomable growing up when I did that a country could do that. And then came Donald Trump. And you realize: “Wow! That’s exactly how it happens.”

You demonize the media. You create these phony divisions. You dehumanize groups of people. With Donald Trump it’s not Jewish people, it’s immigrants. He’s basically treating them like they’re nonhuman. We’re following the exact path. And I think a lot of people see that but they’re afraid to say it because they don’t want to be vilified for using the suffering of millions of people to push a cause.

But the reaction I got to that was a whole lot of people that said: “I’m so grateful you’re doing this. I’ve long studied what happened in Germany. That’s exactly what’s happening now.” We are on the edge. If he gets elected, he’s not even being secretive about what he wants to do. I don’t think we can draw those parallels enough, because I think right now in America we are on that edge. And a whole lot of people seem to agree.

[...]

I think we in the media are making a big mistake in either ignoring [Fox News] or treating it like it is a media outlet. It isn’t. It is a news-making entity that is basically a propaganda machine.

And I wish — I mean, I think somebody should do this on the national level — I wish somebody would push back by doing a five minute bit as part of their newscast each day to say: “Here’s how Fox News lied and misled you today.” Because it’s working, right? They’re saying all this stuff that’s not true. People are believing it. That wave keeps moving and nobody pushes back. Most people in the media never look at Fox News because you just write them off. But they are having that impact. And it’s incredibly damaging. And it’s total bullshit.

So if somebody were to start pushing back, two things might happen: One, that would bleed into the consciousness of some people that are paying attention to it; and two, I think it would push Fox News back. I think that that if they were being called out — but you’d need somebody that has charisma and is affable and knows how to do it, somebody smart — but I think that could make a difference.

Because, right now, I think that’s the single most dangerous factor here is they are talking to millions and millions of people who trust them. I don’t at all blame the people who trust them. They see them as a media outlet. They believe what they’re being told. They like the people who are telling it to them, and they don’t know that it is what it is. And that did happen in Germany. I mean, it’s this same damn thing. I don’t think in the media. We’re paying enough attention to that misinformation.

[...]

[What I would tell other editors is,] I think the false equivalence has got to go, because that’s not what this is anymore.

And we’ve made it a point to not quote outrageous, hateful statements by politicians who are just trying to get the use of our platforms to reach their fringe base. I think everybody should do that. I think we should stop allowing our platforms to be used to spread these messages, because that’s the only reason they do it.

We try to do trend stories that say here’s how their campaign is going, and they’re picking on these issues. But we frustrated them because we are kind of the leading voice [in the area]. I wish everybody would do that. I see far too many people quoting the wacko statement of Trump of the day, which is exactly what he wants. He’s just using them to reach more people. But they still do it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Godwin's Law was always bullshit post-1994. The Gingrich era thrived on propaganda and demonization. If you brought up the obvious analogy, ridicule followed. Because they knew exactly what they wanted and what they were doing. It had nothing to do with religion, but everything about tying down a religious bloc of voters. It was the anti-christ model updated.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix, cause the media is full of dirty tricks
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Trump Isn’t Wrong That Lots of People Like Dictatorship

The whole country knows, or at least intuits, what is to come. And still, according to most polls, the upcoming election is a dead heat.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... tatorship/
I now call your attention to one particular passage in the Time interview with Fulton County Inmate No. PO1135809 that’s been roiling up the Intertoobz for the past couple days. I was struck by it because, for the first time since he loosed his brand of tasty poison into the political marketplace, at the very end of the interview, the man told the undeniable truth about something.
Whether or not he was kidding about bringing a tyrannical end to our 248-year experiment in democracy, I ask him, Don’t you see why many Americans see such talk of dictatorship as contrary to our most cherished principles? Trump says no. Quite the opposite, he insists. “I think a lot of people like it.”
Is there anyone who would disagree with that? The country has seen what he was like in office. The country has seen what he was like when he lost an election. The country has seen the effect he’s had on all the institutions of government—including, most recently, the federal judiciary right up to its very top. Now, in this interview, he’s told the country exactly what the next four years would be like.

[...]

[T]hanks to the carefully manufactured conservative majority on the Supreme Court, he likely would commit all these capital constitutional crimes while enjoying some sort of half-assed jerry-rigged immunity based on some sort of half-assed jerry-rigged distinction between “official” and “private” acts.

The whole country has seen all this. The whole country knows all this. The whole country knows, or at least intuits, what is to come. And still, according to most polls, the upcoming election is a dead heat.
“I think a lot of people like it.”
He ain’t lying.

A huge number of our fellow citizens are perfectly willing to submit to the blackmailer while thinking he’s their champion.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I read an interesting article the other day (which now I can't find or I'd post it, I can't even remember where I found it, so take it for what it's worth) about how the far left, during the Trump years, leaned so hard into the "fuck this, fuck America" spiel that it has created this entire section of "America Bad" people (wonder if Q is among those with this rallying cry). This group has bought in so hard to the America bad bit that they can't see past it to get to the facts or think rationally about issues. They won't support Biden, because...America Bad, they won't support Ukraine, because...America bad, they won't support Israel, because America bad...and so on.

The article posited that this movement is responsible for the blind (meaning, they don't understand why) protesting we are seeing currently, and is backfiring when it comes to voting blocks.

Anyway, random, but interesting article to me.
Just Ledoux it