Re: Tik Tok

Post by ousdahl »

Blinken and Mittens saying the quiet part out loud

https://youtube.com/shorts/_UxB7tDDehU? ... KrYlo3qdub
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 am Blinken and Mittens saying the quiet part out loud

https://youtube.com/shorts/_UxB7tDDehU? ... KrYlo3qdub
Help me out, because I don't get your point.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Social media - particularly social media algorithms not controlled by western interests - apparently makes it difficult to control the imperial narratives.

…perhaps?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it hasn't had an issue influencing your narrative
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 am Social media - particularly social media algorithms not controlled by western interests - apparently makes it difficult to control the imperial narratives.

…perhaps?
Are you aware of the relationship between the CCP and Tik Tok owner ByteDance? Many American security experts consider TikTok to be a Chinese Communist Party (CCP) controlled app that acts as a data-harvesting weapon disguised as a social media platform. It's why many in the US think Tik Tok should not be allowed to use their "algorithms" to distribute content to Americans on social media.

Here's a list of all the American-owned media co.s that operate in China with the same access that Tik Tok has to the American social media market:

_______
_______
_______

Twitter? No.
Google? No.
Meta? No.

Even right after Hamas killed 1200 Israelis last Oct. 7th the ratio of pro-Palestinian/Hamas videos on Tik Tok to pro-Israeli videos was something like 50 to 1. Was that an accident?

This video is a year and a half old, (if I had the time I'd find a newer one), but it captures much of what is so concerning:

TikTok Is A Chinese PsyOp, Not Social Media
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

let’s not forget, q has been (at the very least) open to the idea that a world order led by china would be better than the current one led by the U.S.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes, forgive me for being open minded. You say it like it’s a bad thing!

All social media apps are data-harvesting weapons in disguise. Again, it seems lawmakers could nip this in the bud by simply enacting consumer protection and privacy laws.

Rather than forcing a foreign company to divest, which, among other things, coincides with windfall market gains for American companies like Meta and Alphabet
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:45 am Yes, forgive me for being open minded. You say it like it’s a bad thing!

All social media apps are data-harvesting weapons in disguise. Again, it seems lawmakers could nip this in the bud by simply enacting consumer protection and privacy laws.

Rather than forcing a foreign company to divest, which, among other things, coincides with windfall market gains for American companies like Meta and Alphabet
Interesting that you are more concerned about that, than the fact that China very strictly controls what its population is exposed to, and has a history of allowing American companies access to its market just long enough to steal their intellectual property and then bans them.

Your hate and blame America first shit no matter the issue or topic gets really, really old.
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I didn’t say blame America first.

Like, holy shit. Who woulda thought consumer protections would be so controversial!

But there’s such an irony here! I posted a vid of U.S. officials fussing about how a Chinese product makes it more difficult to control what our population is exposed to.

And as for stealing intellectual property, where do you think Alphabet got the idea for YouTube shorts? Or meta got the idea for instagram reels?

When it comes to imperialism, there’s a whole lotta “every accusation is a confession,” it seems
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:44 pm I didn’t say blame America first.

Like, holy shit. Who woulda thought consumer protections would be so controversial!

But there’s such an irony here! I posted a vid of U.S. officials fussing about how a Chinese product makes it more difficult to control what our population is exposed to.

And as for stealing intellectual property, where do you think Alphabet got the idea for YouTube shorts? Or meta got the idea for instagram reels?

When it comes to imperialism, there’s a whole lotta “every accusation is a confession,” it seems
smh. That you don't appreciate the difference between stealing intellectual property and copying a video format is totally on point.
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ous is very much influenced by troll farms.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:00 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:45 am Yes, forgive me for being open minded. You say it like it’s a bad thing!

Interesting that you are more concerned about that, than the fact that China very strictly controls what its population is exposed to, and has a history of allowing American companies access to its market just long enough to steal their intellectual property and then bans them.

Your hate and blame America first shit no matter the issue or topic gets really, really old.
The risk is not just - and perhaps even not primarily - the actual security of our data and systems and intellectual property.

It is the incremental, iterative malign influence campaigns that, for example, get good-hearted people taking up for dictators.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe I should look for a video of two Chinese officials like “yea Facebook really fucked with our ability to control the geopolitical narrative” just to see if the reaction is like “omg so right this is doing more to restore ousdahl’s credibility”