Overlander
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:34 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 pm Fleet 4.5 oz. Enema 00132020140
4.9 out of 5 stars with 33 reviews

Who reviews enema products?

Good luck Gutter, hope everything comes out OK.
Sure beat having a fire hose of jizz blown up my ass from a 12 inch long 5 inch wide cock.
You make the weirdest references
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm Well yea, you don’t own them, they own you.
Now THIS is a classic Ousdahl post.

What ever happened to that guy?
this might blow your effing mind, but...

I've been here all along.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 am
Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm Well yea, you don’t own them, they own you.
Now THIS is a classic Ousdahl post.

What ever happened to that guy?
this might blow your effing mind, but...

I've been here all along.
Nah, that’s not it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So I am driving to a site to look at a building for a dude. It's a neighborhood I spent time running around in my youth.A bit sketchy but some cool old homes near Roanoke Park. As I am coming up on the intersection of 33rd and Roanoke there is a car coming down the hill, muy rapido, I start to slow down as am unsure they will stop at the stop sign. I see them starting to slow, so I resume my pace. Within a few feet of the stop sign the driver side door flies open and the driver dives out of the door and does a safety roll off the pavement allowing the vehicle to keep rolling into the intersection. Driver hops up and starts running. Passenger hops out and is running in the opposite direction.

James Dean did it better but he had a stunt double. For an on the fly improvisational move it was pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AlMY9fDHu0&rco=1
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Shrinkage
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think I would rather roll out of a moving car.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm I think I would rather roll out of a moving car.
Especially if you could stick the landing like Dean!
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Today's edition of you can't make this shit up.

Receptionist Northwestern Radiology Department - "Hello, Radiology".
Gutter - "Good morning, I'm not sure if you or can help me or if I need to speak with someone else. I have a question in regards to my prostate MRI later this afternoon".
Receptionist - (Silence).
Gutter - "Are you still there"?
Receptionist - "Yes".
Gutter - "Ok, I'll ask you the question. My appointment guide doesn't mention anything about coffee and caffeine but I have read someone shouldn't drink coffee 24 hours prior to a prostate MRI. Is it ok for me to have had a cup of coffee this morning"?
Receptionist - (with an attitude) "No food or drink 2 hours prior to the MRI". (side note - guide says it's ok to have water).
Gutter - "Ok, thank you, but that doesn't answer my question if it was ok for me to have had coffee this morning. I'm trying to find out if it was ok or not ok".
Receptionist - (snapping at me) "No food or drink 2 hours prior to the MRI".
Gutter - "Thank you for reiterating that but my concern is regarding the consumption of caffeine and if it is ok - being that I have read it is not ok - and I have had a cup of coffee this morning. I prefer not to come in for the appointment and then be told after I come in that they can't perform the MRI because I have had a cup of coffee. Is there someone available for me to speak with who can confirm that it's ok or not ok that I have had the cup of coffee?".
Receptionist - "No food or drink 2 hours prior to the MRI".
Gutter - "I don't think you're understan......"
Receptionist (Interrupting me) - "I understand that you don't understand me. No food or drink 2 hours prior to the MRI".
Gutter - "I do understand that. Thank you for making it very clear but I still don't have the answer to my question that I called about. Thank you anyways. I hope you a nice rest of your day".
Receptionist (silence).
Gutter - (hangs up).
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think the period should go outside the quotation marks and not inside if at the end of the sentence.

I like this better:
I don't think Gobert is DPOY according to my "eye-test".

Than this:
I don't think Gobert is DPOY according to my "eye-test."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:59 am I think the period should go outside the quotation marks and not inside if at the end of the sentence.

I like this better:

Than this:
I think you're absolutely correct, but I think the "rule" is wrong. If you are quoting everything in the sentence, fine, put the quotation mark after the period. If you're not, put the quotation marks around the part you are quoting.

Personally, I choose not to follow the "rule".
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I believe the correct way is the second way I laid out - only "eye-test" is quoted but since it's at the end of the sentence, you include the period within the quotation marks.
I just don't like it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:59 am I think the period should go outside the quotation marks and not inside if at the end of the sentence.

I like this better:

Than this:
NOT funny thing is I switch off and do both (period either before or after the quotation mark/s) and I have no idea why. It might not be a bad idea for me to learn and adhere to what is proper, but I guess I must not really care.
At work, I have someone proof read and edit anything I am going to send (while representing the company) and that I feel may become public.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

P.S. I am leaving around 3:15 for the appointment. Just received this email....

Dear Residents,

Please join us this afternoon, May 3rd, as we serve delicious tacos right here in our community. Food will be served in the Lobby starting at 3:30PM and will be available while supplies last.

We hope to see you there!

Warm Regards!

GUTTERED!
In that it seems whenever the building gives the residents free food - I am not able to enjoy it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:09 am P.S. I am leaving around 3:15 for the appointment. Just received this email....

Dear Residents,

Please join us this afternoon, May 3rd, as we serve delicious tacos right here in our community. Food will be served in the Lobby starting at 3:30PM and will be available while supplies last.

Warm Regards!

GUTTERED!
In that it seems whenever the building gives the residents free food - I am not able to enjoy it.
Pretty sure they plan it that way...
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:09 am P.S. I am leaving around 3:15 for the appointment. Just received this email....

Dear Residents,

Warm Regards!

GUTTERED!
Pretty sure they plan it that way...
Me too! :D