serve and protect

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: serve and protect

Post by ousdahl »

And, I’d like to better understand the antisemitism here.

It’s historically been much more of a right-wing thing.

So, if some of the most left-leaning progressive universities in the nation really are staging a bunch of antisemitic protests, how the F did that come to be.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if i'm paying the tuition for my kid. he/she better not be hanging around the commons. smoking dope. eating doritos. flirting with the chicks. it's a party for most of them.

most of those nincompoops have no clue. and no credibility.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'd be pissed if my kid ISN'T doing those things. The whole deal is leaning how to exercise freedoms AND learn how to balance those with responsbilities.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:56 am
nincompoops have no clue. and no credibility.
And yet, you continue posting.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 am I'd be pissed if my kid ISN'T doing those things. The whole deal is leaning how to exercise freedoms AND learn how to balance those with responsbilities.
“Universities are funny. Like what if we took a medieval institution for training priests and combined it with a hedge fund, sports franchise, and resort for teens…oh and it’s also the place we research everything about our entire civilization”

(I posted this previously I think in the NCAA thread)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 am Yeah, for real. (In response to 99, not mich)

If I could do so without being too annoying, I find these current protests fascinating, which is why I asked to compare and contrast.

One obvious contrast is the issue of antisemitism. It’s so unfortunate, and a real problem in the world, and apparently in these protests too.

If there are any “Jooze” who feel unsafe cuz of the protests, I’m not gonna tell them they don’t.

But there’s also evidence of Jewish people being safely included parts of the protests too.

And, at least anecdotally, the folks I’ve talked to who have attended pro-Palestine protests said if anyone DOES say or do or display anything antisemitic, they get quite a bit of shit for it, and are ostracized. You think the Qusdahls are really gonna let that Nazi shit slide?

As far as comparisons…

I there’s also plenty to suggest the main point here of the protests really is sincerely anti-war. Or perhaps even more specifically, anti-genocide.

Or, is there anything to suggest the anti-Vietnam war protests were downplayed as something besides anti-Vietnam war?

There’s also the comparable response from the…um, establishment?, of police (and yea Neil, maybe even military) forces being deployed in an attempt to quash the protests.
"there’s also evidence of Jewish people being safely included parts of the protests too".
* I would guess 60% mostly correct.

"pro-Palestine protests said if anyone DOES say or do or display anything antisemitic, they get quite a bit of shit for it, and are ostracized".
* I would guess 70% mostly incorrect.

"there’s also plenty to suggest the main point here of the protests really is sincerely anti-war. Or perhaps even more specifically, anti-genocide".
* I would guess 60% mostly correct.

Meanwhile, we have these type of wonderful "protesters" - at a school with a Jewish President and that receives hundreds of millions of endowment money from Jews.
I would have happily gotten my ass kicked by him (and arrested) for spitting in his face if he said that to me.

https://twitter.com/rich_goldberg/statu ... 7098384884

This kind of sums up a lot of American Jews feelings....

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

my favorite is the people at the protests who don’t even know why they’re there
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ha yea. Just michhawk trying to get out of class I guess.

And gutter you’re prob right. What’s that dood say in the vid tho? I couldn’t hear
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pink hair and Prince T and Crocs?

To be fair, she looks fun.

Oh fuck…I mean, they/them looks fun!

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Cool!
The same people who wear hoodies with known Hamas leaders images on them, and are "pro-Palestine", also feel the need to say - fuck the police.
If I had the day off from work today I would make a journey to the Northwestern campus and let my feelings be known.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 am If I had the day off from work today I would make a journey to the Northwestern campus and let my feelings be known.
Man, are they lucky or what?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

young people suck.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

most people suck, regardless of age
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:46 am young people suck.
There are people who suck at every age point. People who suck suck.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

most people are lovely.

young people suck.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 am most people are lovely.

young people suck.
That kid in your avatar sucks?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Without trying to delve into perspectives that we all know are so wildly popular here, let’s try to keep this thread on topic.

I’ve seen a lot of pink haired types comparing and contrasting law enforcement’s response to protests, with law enforcement’s response to school shooters…
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 am If I had the day off from work today I would make a journey to the Northwestern campus and let my feelings be known.
Yes, because I would probably stop at Mustard's Last Stand on the way and get a burger with onions - and my breath would be pretty bad. ;)
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:20 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 am
Yes, because I would probably stop at Mustard's Last Stand on the way and get a burger with onions - and my breath would be pretty bad. ;)
Or you could show them your enema bag thingie.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Or....

I could take a camera and start filming them.

https://twitter.com/LoganSchiciano/stat ... 0248020251

Or....

I could hang out with this wonderful man...

https://twitter.com/AmyMek/status/1783745540746105235

Or....

I could hang out with this guy....

https://twitter.com/publicpolicyman/sta ... 6923137254

Or....