Goodbye Hunter Dickinson

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Goodbye Hunter Dickinson

Post by randylahey »

Our eggs are still very much in hunters basket. He's going to play a ton again. We do have some options to rest him more, with other guys to look to for scoring when hunter is out, so hopefully that helps.

But he is still going to play 30ish minutes a game. Nobody doubts he can get us 20 and 10. But can he guard? Having an "all american" center who can't anchor the defense is a MAJOR roster liability, especially when he's playing 30 minutes a game

All I know is that dude better come back in the best shape of his life
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:57 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 pm

This is me. Fuck HD.
KU didn't have enough guys to make a deep tourney run so I am not mad as if KU missed some golden chance at a natty. Next year, KU legit has that chance.so HD better fucking deliver.
This point last year we were preseason #1 and fans expected to be title contenders

Nothing is guaranteed, but I do think we have a lot better roster. More depth shooting length and experience

But several of the problems that ailed us last season still exist. One is hunter is slow and can't guard shit. I don't know that we fixed that. the back up centers would either be bidunga (raw), kj (tiny) or clemence.
It was dumb for KU to be preseason #1 last season. You can't have no bench and be #1.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the preseason ranking was based on a healthy KM, a Timberlake that could contribute at least something, and a formerly accused rapist transfer
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Plus high hopes for freshmen that turned out not to be ready for prime time.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm the preseason ranking was based on a healthy KM, a Timberlake that could contribute at least something, and a formerly accused rapist transfer
True.

The first red flag should have been the loss in the exhibition to Illinois. The Houston and UConn wins were huge, but both games were in AFH, which matters a lot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hey! Look at Me! so dumb.

also, this thread title is a lie. A dirty dirty lie.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ok this is admittedly funny.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you morons were just giving him the business for not announcing his intentions. he announces his intentions and you give him the business.

and you have the nerve to look down on bbn.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am you morons were just giving him the business for not announcing his intentions. he announces his intentions and you give him the business.

and you have the nerve to look down on bbn.
can you differentiate between those who were "giving him the business" for each of your statements? it's not an overlapping group for the most part. More than 1 other person posts here, with varying opinions expressed.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I’m aware of the dynamic.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:05 am
Ok this is admittedly funny.
Yes.

I was glad there wasn't some 5min long video announcement.